Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158458 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: SA qui-gon)
« Reply #945 on: January 30, 2010, 05:27:44 AM »
OUTSTANDING Devin!  Bravo! These look great. I didn't think you could improve over your original, but you have somehow. I love the look of both of them. Daggone, now I am gonna go on the hunt for more of these figures so I can add more.  And I plan on all of my snowtroopers to be standing or rapelling out of the at-at's troop doors so its ok it won't be able to sit straight out as far as I am concerned.

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #946 on: January 30, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »
COOL snow troopers! 8)

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #947 on: January 30, 2010, 09:50:41 AM »
Those troopers look really cool.

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #948 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
yeah like the custom heah try a tie fighter piliot and try and make it a super articulated version and maybe a v wing piliot as well   

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #949 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »
yeah like the custom heah try a tie fighter piliot and try and make it a super articulated version and maybe a v wing piliot as well   

already did a tie fighter pilot... 

a v-wing pilot would be exactly the same recipe only with the different helmet.

I just picked up an evolutions rebel pilot legacy III pack today at wal-mart for 10 bucks clearance so I'm going to be making a male and female super arty x-wing pilot for my next figure customs...  keep an eye out for those.

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #950 on: February 02, 2010, 11:49:55 PM »
Sweet!!! Can't Wait See Them Dude. Is the Legacy rebel pilot III Have the Twi'lek in it?

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #951 on: February 03, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
no :( not the twilek...
it's these figs:
Pic compliments of rebelscum.com
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:10:38 AM by Clonehead »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #952 on: February 03, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »
ok, here is a wip shot of my super articulated female x-wing pilot...

I'm using the torso and legs of a ROC scarlett figure.  I hadn't figured out anything else to use that figure on and until now was regretting even buying the scarlett figure!  I think it looks realy good.  as you can see the new parts add alot of height to the figure.  I've got her standing next to the male pilot from the same evo pack.  I have not yet done any customizing to the male pilot.
as you can see the scarlett legs are not exactly the same as the traditional x-wing flight suit, but I hope they will resemble it more once I paint it.  I am going to then add the harness and try to figure out a way to add the "ammo belt" around the right boot top.  I'm also going to add the original figure's holster to the finished figure, most likely placing it strapped to her thigh so that when she is seated it won't get in the way.

On an interesting note... the two x-wing pilots of this pack were articulated with a ball jointed mid-torso joint.  The a-wing pilot however has only a swivel joint in his chest.  The standard "waist swivel" has been moved up on this figure to beneath the chest... it's a very odd placement.  It also makes the figure almost useless to my methods of customizing...  I'll find somethign to do with it however I'm sure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #953 on: February 04, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »
Looks great Devin, and a real female body, not just a female head popped on a regular pilot's body. Kinda tall, but not so much so she can't fit in the cockpit from what I see.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #954 on: February 04, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
Looks a little more shapely than her former lower body did. I look forward to seeing the completed version of this one, Devin.
Too bad about the a-wing pilot. That figure has a good sculpt.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #955 on: February 04, 2010, 11:16:40 AM »
Looks a little more shapely than her former lower body did. I look forward to seeing the completed version of this one, Devin.
Too bad about the a-wing pilot. That figure has a good sculpt.

I thought she looked much more feminine with the newer legs as well.   I test fitted a soft goods jedi robe onto her and didn't like it because it covered up her legs and it made her look goofy... I like the "shapliness" of the figure right now and I doubt I'll add much else to it other than paint.

as for the a-wing pilot I will probably not use it for anything.  I might put it up for sale (without the helmet though, I already have a project in mind for it...)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #956 on: February 04, 2010, 03:02:29 PM »
ok, here is a wip shot of my super articulated female x-wing pilot...

I'm using the torso and legs of a ROC scarlett figure.  I hadn't figured out anything else to use that figure on and until now was regretting even buying the scarlett figure!  I think it looks realy good.  as you can see the new parts add alot of height to the figure.  I've got her standing next to the male pilot from the same evo pack.  I have not yet done any customizing to the male pilot.
as you can see the scarlett legs are not exactly the same as the traditional x-wing flight suit, but I hope they will resemble it more once I paint it.  I am going to then add the harness and try to figure out a way to add the "ammo belt" around the right boot top.  I'm also going to add the original figure's holster to the finished figure, most likely placing it strapped to her thigh so that when she is seated it won't get in the way.

On an interesting note... the two x-wing pilots of this pack were articulated with a ball jointed mid-torso joint.  The a-wing pilot however has only a swivel joint in his chest.  The standard "waist swivel" has been moved up on this figure to beneath the chest... it's a very odd placement.  It also makes the figure almost useless to my methods of customizing...  I'll find somethign to do with it however I'm sure.

I like the more fem look too the legs as well.

Looking forward too seeing them painted.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #957 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:40 AM »
well, got home from work today and I wasn't going to do any customizing and go strait to bed... as you can see, that didn't happen.  Instead I told myself "well i'll put on a coat of orange for her jumpsuit and let it dry over night"... then I wanted to get the holster put on her... then I had to figure out how to get the ammo belt/boot thing on there.... then, 2 hours later, I'd finished the figure! lol.

RECIPE:

parts from the original female x-wing pilot from the evo pack "rebel pilot legacy III":
Head, Chest, Arms, Helmet, Holster, Pistol, Boot ammo clip, harness

parts from ROC scarlett: 
Torso/hips, Legs

The hardest part of this custom was getting that boot ammo belt thingy off the original figure and onto the new one...  What I did was basically chop up the leg of the original figure, cutting above and below the amoo belt.  I then took a dril bit and drilled through the section I'd cut out making it a hollow belt piece.  I then just slopped it over the scarlett figure's legs, and repainted it.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #958 on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:34 AM »
pics:

well?  what do you guys think?
I'm a little disapointe in some paint rubbing issues in the knees... but other than that I'm very satisfied with how it turned out.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: SA female x-wing pilot)
« Reply #959 on: February 05, 2010, 06:48:39 AM »
I think your sealer is gloss, but would look cooler with matte, :)

I like her, the tall lithe thing works for a pilot.