Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158535 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa snow trooper and at-at driver)
« Reply #870 on: January 21, 2010, 08:22:42 AM »
Those look DAMN fine Devin!  I'm surprised Tamer's not beating down your door to make some for him!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #871 on: January 21, 2010, 10:20:01 AM »
Holy smokes I just saw that Helix atst and now I see these. Are you guys trying to raise my bp through the roof? Devin, hands down this is the best articulated atat driver I have seen. It looks spectacular. I would love to take you up on your offer of getting one of these if that is available. I wouldn't mind a snowtrooper either. Both of these are fantastic, but I am so partial to that at-at driver. Wow, hands down this will be our next custom of the week winner. Great work Devin. Thank you for sharing it with us. Just wow! Going to the front page.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #872 on: January 21, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
I have to agree with everyone here.. Job well done! the AT-AT driver is my fav and looks incredible! Keep up the great work man!!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #873 on: January 21, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
Holy smokes I just saw that Helix atst and now I see these. Are you guys trying to raise my bp through the roof? Devin, hands down this is the best articulated atat driver I have seen. It looks spectacular. I would love to take you up on your offer of getting one of these if that is available. I wouldn't mind a snowtrooper either. Both of these are fantastic, but I am so partial to that at-at driver. Wow, hands down this will be our next custom of the week winner. Great work Devin. Thank you for sharing it with us. Just wow! Going to the front page.

lol tamer... am I going to have to go back to wal-mart... I was picking up another at-at driver to do another for myself so that I have two drivers for my at-at project i'll eventually get around to and I passed up getting another one that was hanging on the peg....   

I'm pming you about it though.... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #874 on: January 21, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »
pm answered, I want me an atat driver at the very least and a snowtrooper if we can find the figs for it.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #875 on: January 21, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
ok for anyone interested (tamer this info is in your PM) here is a break down of what figures I think would be simplest and work best for each the at-at driver AND the snowtrooper.

first for the AT-AT driver I would prefer to use the following:
1 at-at driver (with ball jointed torso!, not an older version)
the new ROC gen. Hawk.

for the snowtrooper:
1 snowtrooper (again with a aball jointed torso)
a ROC cobra viper commando (OR the "M.A.R.S. Industries Trooper, they use the same parts)

I'm willing to do the work on the figures if anyone wants one of these (or any mando customs!)
I'm going to start a thread in the for sales section about this as well.
Since I've put the parts out there I'd love to see someone try this on their own... especially since you know what joe parts there is... and knowing is half the battle.... ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #876 on: January 21, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
ok guys, I'm going to make the same offer that I've made Tamer and Clonehead open to the entire forum.  PLEASE go read this thread:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=2690.0

I will be posting more and more details about this as time progresses.  I need to look up information on all my past customs to give everyone a good idea of what projects are available.... (which I hope will include every super articulated figure I've ever made).

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #877 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
Good God man those are flipping amazing.  :o
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #878 on: January 21, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
Good God man those are flipping amazing.  :o

thanks man.  I appreciate that. 
I know it probably looks like I put alot of work into these but they are relatively easy to do once you get the feel for how it's done.  I've done so many of these type projects now that I was able to finish both these last two customs in under 3 hours despite the fact that I had no idea what parts I'd use.  If I'd known ahead of time what parts I'd wind up using I can do one of these in less than an hour... two if I have to take pictures of it! :P

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #879 on: January 21, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »
Will the saga two atat driver work for the atat driver (the one before the removeable helmet one)?

And what version snowtrooper is one that will work? I am sorry since I am not an opener I am gonna need to know which line if that is possible Devin.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #880 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:32 PM »
Will the saga two atat driver work for the atat driver (the one before the removeable helmet one)?

And what version snowtrooper is one that will work? I am sorry since I am not an opener I am gonna need to know which line if that is possible Devin.

any figure that I make like this will HAVE to have a ball jointed torso in the original figure.  BOTH legacy versions of the snowtrooper and AT-AT driver that is out right now has this.  If your unsure about the figures you might have on hand that are unopened what I would do is go to rebelscums photo archives, look up the figure on there, and see if it has the ball jointed torso.  Rebelscum is realy good about labeling the articulation in their photo references.

That goes for anyone who would like me to do a figure, if your unsure about what original star wars figure I would need and you think you might have one that will work (but don't want to open the card and find out it wont!) then check out rebelscum's photo archive and check on whether or not the figure has the ball jointed torso/chest joint.  I cannot stress how essential this is.  I can make a super arty figure out of a star wars figure that doesn't have this but it requires ALOT of dremel work and a higher risk of screwing it up.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #881 on: January 21, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
If anyone can make a list of the atat driver and snowtrooper figures that have this type of torso I would appreciate it. I am having an ice storm right now and my satellite internet is going in and out. I figure it won't be long till my service is down till this storm is over. I hate winter.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #882 on: January 21, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
spuda these are awesome!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #883 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »
Spuds you did it again man way to go.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
The at-at driver looks really cool in those poses. :o