Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158530 times)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: western mando)
« Reply #810 on: January 10, 2010, 10:13:41 PM »
I agree.  I think the holiday debut boba fett is one of the best base figures of the character hasbro has produced.  It's very well made.

However, I do think the newer legacy "evolutions" boba fett is a better overall figure with more versatility for customizing.  Because of this it will be the base for the super articulated version of the stealth boba

yeah, its time to move on...considering by canon mandos are clones...I say you need to join the CSOTC, :)

/runs away....

LOL

Getting paid for your customs is pretty sweet.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #811 on: January 12, 2010, 03:16:48 AM »
well.... heres one more, I promise my next custom won't be a mando ;)

I have always like my concept of a stealth armored mando and I realy like the way the last one I did came out, but of course it was commissioned so I have to part with it.  Since I usually like my figures to be super articulated I decided to make another version with joe articulation.
I also went an extra mile and modified the forearms of the boba figure by cutting off his hands and using a set of articulated animated clone trooper hands.  Now this figure also has wrist articulation to go with the rest.... this makes some poses look even better.
The figure's upper half is that of the new evo-legacy boba fett.  The lower half of the torso is a 25th aniversary cobra commander's.  the belt from a jango and boba fett were modified to fit over the CC's torso as well as one side of the jango holster's removed.  I used the entire legs from a Snake Eye's city strike (i believe that was the one it was called, it might have been the resolute one) figure instead of trying to splice together a set from an original boba.   I liked the fact that the snake eyes figure's legs had the forward pockets on the thighs like boba's front pockets. 
I did cut the knee dart launchers from the original boba figure and glue them to the sides of the snake eyes legs.  I also went and added 4 needle points to the toes to simulate the metal spikes on boba's shoes... of course, these are extremely sharp needles and I've aleady stabbed myself twice while working with the figure after I put those on there! 
The rest of the figure is mostly just a repaint from there.  The backpack is a cast resin droid backback and the swoord/scabbard is from the snake eyes figure.  There is also a knife and sheath attached to the back of the figure's belts. 

here is a wip pic of the figure with only a coat of flat black:

I realy like the way this figure turned out.... and I'm definately adding it to my personal collection, it will NOT get sold (along with my super arty boba and jango and scout troopers...  they are MINE!)  lol

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #812 on: January 12, 2010, 05:07:49 AM »
That Stealth Mando came out great Devin. I like this one alot! The CC/SE legs are the perfect combo for a mando. I really like the sword and knife you added.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #813 on: January 12, 2010, 06:19:20 AM »
I'm really a big fan of all your Mandos and I can't get enough
The detailing on this one is just awesome and also the paintjob ist great.

I hope we see alot more Mando customs  but I'm also looking forward to see some other stuff from you.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #814 on: January 12, 2010, 06:24:47 AM »
Bud, I don't know why you think we are getting tired of your Mandos cause were not! Great one by the way.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #815 on: January 12, 2010, 07:42:50 AM »
Shab, that's one cool figure, Devin.
I even think it's the nicest Mando you've done so far.
Very, very nice.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #816 on: January 12, 2010, 08:25:57 AM »
Devin, this could be your best mando yet! LOL  All kidding aside, I do really like this one. I love the colors that you used and with your paintjob, i think that the droid backpack looks just right on him. The addition of the CW hands was the next natural step twards ultimate articulation and those toe spikes look very nice also."I can imagine you with bandaids on your fingers during the course of this figures production" That's cool if you want to do something else but please, don't forget the mandos! Your mandos are the best, buddy.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #817 on: January 12, 2010, 08:41:04 AM »
I honestly think my favorite parts of this one are his legs!  Perhaps I'm just a little special, but whose legs are those?  And adding a simple blade to a character ads a whole new depth to the genre that gets overlooked a lot!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #818 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »
I honestly think my favorite parts of this one are his legs!  Perhaps I'm just a little special, but whose legs are those?  And adding a simple blade to a character ads a whole new depth to the genre that gets overlooked a lot!
phatty the lower half of the torso (or the hips, whichever makes more sense) can be from any of these figures:

I've used the ones shown above before, because they were more abundant, but the sculpted on belt on that figure makes things a little dificult, so I realy like using the RESOLUTE Cobra Commander styled figure like the ones below:

The blue res.cc is the single carded figure, the black one is from the box set.  I like the black coloration better, but as you can see in my finished custom the blue paints up nicely too.
I use these torsos because the original gi-joe figures have the torso joint lower in their bodies, more like around their gut area instead of in the chest.  This is the same spot that the new jango and boba figures which have ball jointed torsos are at.  The joint is still a little higher than I'd like it to be, and because of this it makes the new boba/jango figures look slightly out of proportion.... but despite that they are just about the same exact size as the joe figures once the splicing is complete.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #819 on: January 12, 2010, 02:34:06 PM »
phatty I didn't fully answer your question:
the legs came from this figure:

I realy loved the look of that figure and hated to have to use parts from him...  but... I'll eventually find another one I hope (mostly cuz I'll want to use the legs again!)

I find it hilarious that every successive figure I post you guys think is the best one yet...  I ought to line them all up next to each other one day and make you guys pick!  (I may start a poll post somewhere one day on it)

anyway, as for my next custom I think I'll be finishing up my custom togruta female.  I'm just not sure how I want to do it yet...

Smuggler or jedi??  I'm leaning towards a togruta smuggler/thug instead of a jedi, since I don't know that I'll be able to pull off the soft goods robes...

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: Super arty stealth mando)
« Reply #820 on: January 12, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »
Have fun finding exactly this one.
He's part of an exclusive multi-pack. However, the City Strike Snake Eyes is the same figure, just in another colour scheme and he can be found for 5 Bucks now.
When JoeRhyno gets around to it, he'll send me two of them.

But no sweat, I've taken apart my exclusive black figure, too. See the shoulder bells on his arms, they will go really well with Mando armor.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #821 on: January 12, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »
Have fun finding exactly this one.
He's part of an exclusive multi-pack. However, the City Strike Snake Eyes is the same figure, just in another colour scheme and he can be found for 5 Bucks now.
When JoeRhyno gets around to it, he'll send me two of them.

But no sweat, I've taken apart my exclusive black figure, too. See the shoulder bells on his arms, they will go really well with Mando armor.

your right CK, I couldn't find a pic of the single carded one though on Yo-joe...  but the single carded one is the one I used.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #822 on: January 12, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »
Ah, okay.
I got an exclusive figure and a Ciry Strike one on Ebay at a good rate, just because the auction ended at an odd hour.
Still, I'm looking forward to the ones JoeRhyno got for me. They are just too good as fodder for yet another Mando.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #823 on: January 12, 2010, 04:13:18 PM »
Ah, okay.
I got an exclusive figure and a Ciry Strike one on Ebay at a good rate, just because the auction ended at an odd hour.
Still, I'm looking forward to the ones JoeRhyno got for me. They are just too good as fodder for yet another Mando.

the legs are absolutely perfect.  I would almost want to reuse them for my ultimate boba figure..., only with different shins.  But I do think the shins would look good on jango. 

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #824 on: January 12, 2010, 06:33:01 PM »
wow Spud this is one very cool looking mando mate, i wish i had not said anything now you always out do yourself... i would love to see all the fodder you have in one big photo just to show us how many figures you have dismantled to create all these awesome mandos...

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead