Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158530 times)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures (update: viper pilot)
« Reply #555 on: October 27, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »
hmm no hobby town around me.... is it available anywhere else?

I believe there is a hobby town to the east of you, devin, or west, damn, whichever way El Mayfield is, lol.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #556 on: October 27, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »
lol is there one near mayfield?  I've only been there for surgery... so... idk what's over there....

anyways, for those of you who might not notice the other forums, we've got a new Action fleet/micro-machine's section in general collecting.... AND i've posted pics of my entire action fleet collection as it stands right now

link:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1339.0

I demand that you go check it out, and look at everyone else's action fleet collections, AND post your own if you have them!!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #557 on: October 30, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »
in honor of halloween:

mandalorian reaper:

lol :)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #558 on: October 30, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »
I like it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #559 on: October 30, 2009, 06:50:01 PM »
LOL, nice one, Spud!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #560 on: November 08, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »

just a couple wip i've whipped up.  Joes were on sale so I figured I'd replicate my mando duo from a while back, with new colors.

any ideas for a new color scheme?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #561 on: November 08, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »
Wow, look at all the detail on that resin cast gun!  I was going to say browns and yellows but I don't know, buddy. I am anxious to see these guys getting some paint on em, though.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #562 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
My vote for a color scheme is something vibrant. I'm sure that whatever you choose, it'll be good.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #563 on: November 08, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »
lol you give me too much credit clint... I got that gun in a box of fodder on e-bay.  It was white to begin with.  I think it is from an old set of arctic gi-joe troopers...  or a generic space figure... 

I would take credit for it... but... then you guys would expect to see more of them and it's the only one I've got! lol  sorry to dissapoint :(

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #564 on: November 08, 2009, 10:18:30 PM »
Sometimes the color of a Mandalorian's armor had a specific meaning. Black, for example, signified justice, while gold armor was for vengeance. Green armor signified duty.[11] Blue was for reliability, gray for mourning a lost love, and red was to honor a father.[12] Or the color of a Mandalorian's armor could signify nothing more than that they liked the look

hmm... I wonder what I should use...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »
heres some more wip shots of some stuff for you guys:

first up is a concept I've been wanting to try.  The EVO trooper is a figure I loved from the first time I saw it.  The fig's awesome.  The trooper is already decked out in heavy armor and survival gear... but I wanted to take it even further.  I wanted a trooper that looked like a nuke could be droped on his head and he'd survive...  so I've put together a rough draft of the
"HEAVY evo trooper"

Next up is my mando dude in that couple that I showed you eirlier.  This is what I've got so far:

I saw an image someone did on deviantart of a mando in a trenchcoat and LOVED it.  So I knew I had an extra paris snake eyes trenchcoat and I threw it over ROC duke's figure and I think ti works realy well, especially with the helmet and a custom jetpack I've got in the works....

I realy don't know how I'm going to paint this guy.  I like the colors that it is.  I think I'm going to wash down the armor with a little more silver and bring out that detail a little more.  I think I'll leave the trenchcoat alone...  and then paint the helmet to match the armor...

I've also started painting the girl of the set.  I decided on a light blue for the main color of the armor against the black undergarments... but I'm trying to decide on a good trim color.  I want it to be bright/pastelish.  I'm thinking about just doing plain white.    Any ideas? 

I've also had this custom sitting around for a while... trying to decide what to do with it. 

I'm thinking about either doing a shaak-ti custom or a "grown up" ahsoka....  although I have no idea on HOW to execute either one.  any ideas? suggestions?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures (update: mando WIPS)
« Reply #566 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »
looking good Devin, I assume that is a firestar body below Shaak Ti's head? Looks great.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #567 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:57 AM »
yes that is firestar from the marvel line.

do you have any suggestions tamer? anyone? help a brother out here..... lol

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #568 on: November 10, 2009, 07:32:31 AM »
I suggest scantily-clad...   8)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #569 on: November 10, 2009, 07:36:49 AM »
lol DUH doc... but should it be ahsoka or shaak ti?  lol or does it matter as long as she's scantly clad ;)

my thinking is that ahsoka will have more of an orange tinted skin like in the toon, where as shaak ti will mean I won't have to repaint the face at all....
I'm also thinking about painting it in a way that she'd be in a skin tight leotard like outfit.
or if it's ahsoka do a similar "tube top and shortie shorts" outfit. lol... my dad comented on that the other day while I was watching clone wars... "why is that jedi always wearing a tube top" he said...

I thought you guys might want to see my inspiration for a trenchcoated  mando.  This is "regnasis" work on deviantart, this is NOT my sketch.

definately awesome looking in my book.  I don't know about the yelow colors... and I realy don't know where to go with the colors on my trenchcoat mando.  I want him to be dark and menacing so I'm thinking black, silver and dark grey.