Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 158461 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #420 on: September 16, 2009, 12:17:42 AM »
jules I agree, I've seen  ALOT worse... but whatever, some people will make a big deal out of anything if it makes them feel better about their life.

anyways... I'm realy looking forward to chopping into these x-wings with my dremel tomorow.  I havn't hacked something like this apart in a while, it'll be fun :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #421 on: September 16, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
got some wips to show you guys.

first up is cad bane's personalized magnaguard starfighter.  Just got this thing today and it wasn't out of the box for 10minutes before I started looking at ways to customize it! lol I've gotten bad about that....

anyway I present the Xanadoo Blood, or at least it's preliminary stages.

as you can see i've added a rear gun already.  As far as the paint job goes I doubt I'm going to go with the version hasbro did.  I might use the same colors as the titanium version.  I definately don't want it to look like cad bane flew through a paint shop and had various colors splattered onto the hull... which right now is how that dang titanium looks to me.  it just isn't fluid enough. 

any ideas for a good paint scheme?  Any way I could make this ship look like something from the old west? keeping in theme with the character's southwestern influences...  idk what I'll do yet.
I do know this thing is going to be bristling with weopons when I'm finished. 

here is my x-wing turned drag racer.

I'm debating painting this one... I either want it to look like an awesome suped up dragster that could win a fraking show contests or a busted up old cobbled together street racer... If I go with the later version it'll probably stay the color it is! lol.  I'm also going to put a spoiler fin on the back to bring it closer to the clasic "dragster" look.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »
I don't k now about the wild west per se, but if you'd like to see sci fi and wild west fusion, watch firefly.

In fact, if you haven't watch the firefly series(series first, then movie), stop customizing and go watch it, it is probably one of the best sci fi shows out there, can I get an Amen?"

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #423 on: September 17, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
Firefly was a great show, to bad it was so short lived, but the concept was fantastic. I bought it on DVD not knowing what to expect but was pleasantly surprised

The Xwing drag racer will be interesting

The magna guard fighter is not one I have really looked at before, Can't wait to see both of them done

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #424 on: September 17, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
the magnaguard fighter rocks.. but it needed more weopons to truly be a bounty hunter's ship.  apparently the clone wars season two will see cad bane getting paid by the seperatists with one of these ships... he then customizes it and uses it as his main ship...

as far as the dragster goes it WILL be interesting to see how it turns out! lol...

and for firefly.  No, I havn't seen it... but stargate is the best sci-fi tv series there ever was. ;)  next up is star-trek TNG, then Star Trek voyager... then Battlestar galactica (original) then the remake...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #425 on: September 17, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »
Oh firefly does indeed rock! I too bought the DVD not knowing what to expect and was quite surprised.
I like the mods to the x wing this far, spud.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #426 on: September 17, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »
Yay, you don't like that awful Titanium Cad Bane fighter either! Not sure exactly how you could make it look old-western, though... ever seen Serenity / Firefly? I'm sure something in there could be inspiring, that whole show is Sci-fi meets Old West, and it's very awesome!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #427 on: September 17, 2009, 11:20:01 PM »
the magnaguard fighter rocks.. but it needed more weopons to truly be a bounty hunter's ship.  apparently the clone wars season two will see cad bane getting paid by the seperatists with one of these ships... he then customizes it and uses it as his main ship...

as far as the dragster goes it WILL be interesting to see how it turns out! lol...

and for firefly.  No, I havn't seen it... but stargate is the best sci-fi tv series there ever was. ;)  next up is star-trek TNG, then Star Trek voyager... then Battlestar galactica (original) then the remake...

oh, don't get me wrong, I loved TNG, battlestar up until season 3 or so, but you'll change the order once you see firefly, man.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #428 on: September 19, 2009, 08:43:31 AM »
check this out:

christian and ethan's halloween costumes in 2007.  Just found this video on my external harddrive archive...  go check it out and tell me what you think.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #429 on: September 19, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
Very cool,  I would have loved an R2 costume when I was a little tike.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #430 on: September 19, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
I don't k now about the wild west per se, but if you'd like to see sci fi and wild west fusion, watch firefly.

In fact, if you haven't watch the firefly series(series first, then movie), stop customizing and go watch it, it is probably one of the best sci fi shows out there, can I get an Amen?"

AMEN Brother!!!Reading a comic just aint the same is it, i hope they make a sequel!!!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #431 on: September 19, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »
more on the xanadu blood.  I'm going to do an "evolution of a custom" video and throw that up on youtube later tonight that will have more pictures so keep tuned for that.

here is a photo of the entire magnaguard fighter completely taken apart.  Photos of the process will be showcased in the video I'll put up later.

here are in progress photos of the paintjob

two extra cannons were added to both sides of the cockpit underneath each wing.  I realy have no idea where those are from I got them in a lot of a bunch of random old toys on e-bay.  I attached an old x-wing laser cannon onto the middle landing gear to make a swivelling turret...  I thought the measly landing gear on this thing was rather rediculous so I utilized it in adding the extra weoponry.  I felt this cannon underneath would work well for this as the same cannon is on the same one that is underneath the general grevious starfighter, or "droid bomber"..

here is it all painted up.  I tried to stay faithful to the horrible titanium model, but took my own spin on it.  I completely painted it not leaving any of the silver regular factory coat showing through like on the titanium model.  I am happy with the result.

well, what do you guys think?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #432 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Looks good, I like the flat rust primer color base coat, It looks better than whats on the titanium piece.  The added weaponry blends nicely.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #433 on: September 19, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »
thanks, I like the rust primer alot better too.  I think it is a good color to add to the "western" feel... rust colors always makes me think of run down ghost towns and rusted out old cars... lol.

One thing I forgot was to add the symbol seen on the titanium ship.  I will most likely print off a decal with the symbol and transfer it to the ship and then spray the entire thing down with a clear coat to seal it all and protect it.

the white "jellyfish" symbol is what i'm talking about:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:15:57 PM by spudafett »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #434 on: September 19, 2009, 10:19:50 PM »
"evolution of the xanadu blood"