Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com YEAR TWO  (Read 47382 times)

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 12/18/11
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
Wow, great Ziro!  :o

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2011, 10:11:48 AM »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
@botwt - Thanks!! You've been creating a lot of really nice customs too.  Definitely missed you during that short absence you had there. 

@Tamer - Thanks so much for putting the galleries together.  We really appreciate all the hard work involved!

Here are three customs that I made for Yakface.com's Secret Santa.  I'd really like to start one up over here at the Yards for next year.  I'll be willing to coordinate it all.  Let me know if you all are interested.  With all the amazing talent we have here, I'd love to see what everybody turns out.

Anyway here are three customs I sent out to customizer Darth Phantom of Germany:

To see what Darth Phantom sent us, a lot more pics and see info about the event click the link below:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/12/yakface-secret-santa.html

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 12/23/11
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
Those three are fantastic!! Cold weather guy is my favorite of the three!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »
Sure, send me the details and let me know whats involved.

We did try a secret Santa one year and I hate to say that some folks did not send out their agreed upon gift or it was so late that some folks didn't get their gift till Easter.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2011, 08:07:42 AM »
Great looking figures! I too love that hoth rebel!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »
Great looking figures! I too love that hoth rebel!

Thanks L.E.!  He's just a head swap, I painted the lower arms, Rebel symbol,  and sculpted on the commlink with Apoxie Sculpt.  I got the head from Slayer Design Studio.  I had a hard time giving him away.  He was my favorite too.  Hopefully we can do a Secret Santa next year here at the Yards.  I told Tamer I'd volunteer to run it.  It really gets the Christmas spirit flowing through the house.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

Just finished!! Here's a video of the completed entry courtesy of Darth Daddy & Elias of "Customs for the Kid":

http://animoto.com/play/62tseJY8zvUEJI6n7HzWyQ

When Elias and I set out to create our smuggler teams that included the smuggler with their mate, we decided to make half of each others team.  I made an Ewok smuggler and he made me a monkey lizard for my mate.  On the other smuggler team, Elias created an Arkanian Offshoot and I created her Twi'lek mate.  It was a great way to put a crew together for the new ship I made and stay within the rules of the contest.

Pop the Ewok grew up a slave on Coruscant.  He was kidnapped as a baby and was kept as a pet until he got older and the family lost interest.  Old enough to set out on his own, Pop hit the streets and never looked back.  He befriended a monkey lizard with a robotic eye named Tiet Pescow and together they worked at a space ship repair shop until one day a golden opportunity presented itself.  A customer came to have his  K-37 Starstreak racing ship serviced but was struck dead by an out of control speeder.  Pop and Tiet got the vessel home while their employer was at lunch and quit their jobs later that afternoon.  They saw the ship as their ticket to riches and that night decided to become smugglers.  Pop flew the craft and his monkey lizard mechanic/mate Tiet was often found tinkering around in the engine room of the vessel.  The ship is so rare that very few spacers know the punch the spacecraft packs, but these two knew they had something special and they quickly rose to prominence in smuggling circles and throughout the crime underworld.

Pop and Tiet are currently being kept company by an Arkanian Offshoot smuggler named Daala and her Twi'lek mate, Maari  former slaves under what was left of the remnants of The Crucible.  Both had risen through the ranks of the organization and bore the tattoos of the order.  The Flames of the Crucible were a runic language usually tattooed on the members of The Crucible, an organization of slavers. The tattoos held different meanings and could be found on the arms, chest, and even face of anyone within the ranks of the Crucible.  The Flames tattooed on the face of Daala were specific to the minders and internal security forces who had, through talent or deed, become a permanent part of the Crucible. They were unique to them, whereas the general populace didn't have them, nor did the minions in specialized roles. Tattoos on the arms of members of the Crucible like the ones found on Maari  were usually a reference to military insignia, representing rank and the particular group of trainees a minder is assigned to.  Some members, such as Daala, were known to bear the Flames of the Crucible on their faces. In Daala's case the tattoos actually meant "Protector," the name that was given to her by the slaves of the Crucible. These two escaped The Crucible and made a very successful living as smugglers.  That was until recently when they had their spaceship stolen. Now they are earning some fast credits traveling with Pops providing security on the riskier ventures he has been involved with recently.  They are hoping they can earn enough to get another ship.  The four have found that they make one great team working together and serious thought is being given to keeping this team together by all.

Pop is hoping they will get a lead on the stolen spaceship so he can help his friends get their ship back.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:53:59 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/01/12
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:17 AM »
Pop and Tiet are PERFECT! Can't help but say they are a bit "cute" too - sorry, can't help it LOL!

Pop's little ewok speeder kicks butt - great use of parts!!!!

The ship reminds me of something from out of waterworld especially the below deck :)

Great work!

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/01/12
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2012, 03:48:21 PM »
Thanks Dayton :)

This was another team project from me and Dad. I designed the figure and Dad created a speeder bike for my custom action figure. Dad wanted to create one of these speeder bikes ever since he saw a speeder bike and Mandalorian created by Luke Sprywalker. Dad bought the Storm Hawks toy and it sat in our fodder bin for almost a year. When I grabbed a Twi'lek head Dad procured from Slayer Design Studios and placed it on an Entertainment Earth Rav Bralor body, it inspired him to get to work. I liked the color of the armor already, so I only asked for him to paint the head for me. You couldn't imagine my excitement when he made me a speeder bike to go with her as well.

Click the link below to read the full post:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/01/mandalorian-twilek-with-speeder-bike.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:50:56 AM by Elias »

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/12/12
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
WOW, absolutly awesome figure and bike!!  fantastic work, guys :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2012, 05:07:13 AM »
WOW! That is such a cool custom! The figure and the speeder bike rock man! You guys have been very busy with figures and vehicles lately! Very well done!

Offline BugSkirt

• Lieutenant
    • BugSkirt's Workshop
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2012, 06:57:38 AM »
That is a cool twi'lek.  Can you share more information about how you made the helmet? 
We had 5 POA in '78...

Offline Elias

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2012, 07:09:04 AM »
That is a cool twi'lek.  Can you share more information about how you made the helmet? 

Dad took me to Target and I asked him if he could buy me the new CW Seasee Tiin that we saw when we were there.  I knew the helmet was just what I wanted to complete this custom.  Dad painted it to match her armor and then weathered her up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2012, 07:30:59 AM »
Wow, great gal Mando with Bike. I like it.

On the front page.