Author Topic: GI JOE Classified Series Wave 1 2020  (Read 8731 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
GI JOE Classified Series Wave 1 2020
« on: February 24, 2020, 09:08:52 AM »
Seen news of this and found the set of five six inch figures up for preorder at BBTS https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/118286
might want to dr that link, been a while

There are multiple shots there of the first 3 figures revealed, Duke,Scarlett, and Roadblock, with two more in the wave to still be revealed before the projected release date of this summer.
  Look cool to me thanks to BBTS for the shot
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:10:52 AM by Clonehead »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: GI JOE Classified Series Wave 1 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »
I was clamoring for 6" GI Joes like five years ago, now I'm like meh. I know I can be fickle sometimes. I'm sure the first secret figure is Snake Eyes, but the second I have no idea, hopefully Storm Shadow, I always liked him. The bad guys will be cool, definitely  Firefly Cobra commander and Destro. Maybe I'll get more excited for the less popular characters that I like, like Gung Ho, Bazooka, shipwreck, Spirit ironknife, lady Jaye. Those would be Awesome.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 11:12:39 AM »
Indeed, too large to see many of the over abundance of cool joe vehicles that we have seen produced in this larger scale.
I think they were pushing a six inch snake already for the snake eyes movie line but I’m not sure
Got this shot of a con packed exclusive, I think over at hisstank

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 06:48:33 PM »
Cool. I didn't realize they were making more Joe movies. I think they can make better movies than the last two. Rise of Cobra was not good, and retaliation was cool, but the killed almost all the Joe's in the beginning of the movie. Wtf?!.

The thing I like about GI JOEs are the accessories. The snake eyes is awesome but it's an sdcc exclusive. I'm afraid we might not get a lot of accessories in the main line. 50th anniversary Snowjob, Storm Shadow and croc master had awesome accessories. I hope that trend continues into the 6" line.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 04:05:18 AM »
Saw these new Joes revealed during the JOE Panel this weekend. Frankly, I was a little underwhelmed. I had hoped the new movie would see them release some 3.75" figures. I am sure they will. Still it was nice to see new JOES period. A few of em like Roadblock and Scarlett seem like they would make ideal Mando customs.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »
I'm with you Tamer, I was hoping they would be released 3.75" scale as well

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 01:54:25 AM »
Here is a video of a convention exclusive Snake Eyes figure.
Shawn, do you remember how we used to complain about the 3 3/4 scale Joes having better articulation and accessories than the Vintage Collection figures had? That’s what this guy is like, holy cow can he be posed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qeqL_1_PFF8

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 05:57:54 AM »
Yeah, this is their new six inch line that looks great. And before I say this I do like six inch, but man I want to see some parity with their 3.75 inch line too. I don't know why we can't get a new wave of each. Hasbro seems to be placing their main emphasis on six inch figures now. Guess the money crunchers are telling them this is what is making them the deniro.

Had to get that video on the front pages. Man that guy looks cool. Huge package.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:03:02 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 04:58:59 AM »
Cool stuff, indeed! I’m glad for all Joe fans and 6 inch collectors out there. Hasbro must feel as if they re-invented the wheel. So let’s hope it runs hot so that it makes a limited run (maybe a couple Exclusive waves) possible in 3.75”, too! On Comic Con and ToyFair Hasbro gave me the feeling that The Black Series is running strong and is therefore making The Vintage Collection still possible. Like a luxury hobby. Don’t know if that’s not a little exaggerated. But hey, 6 inch fans are happy since 6” Star Wars figures are a thing now and TVC is back. I rather have few stuff in TVC than nothing at all. Let’s see what the future holds for 3 3/4” Joe...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 04:20:34 AM »
I believe one of the mystery figures of wave 1 will be Gung Ho
I’ll check on this later, I believe there was a graphic that surfaced with him in the background somewhere.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »
Can't wait for these. Should've been out for like Decades since they have flirted with the scale before.

I honestly just want them for the fodder. Any REALLY cool ones I'd buy (since because of TBS I have many 6" scale now 😌) but I really want this line to succeed... Because I bought some of the OVERWATCH figures and thought they were terrible and should've just been JOE. Even saw them @ 5below today! Had to pass since the figures/parts are all too cartoon scaled.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 02:12:52 AM »
I cannot wait to see a few of em turned into some great Mandos. They just seem so built for that already.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 02:02:17 PM »
Some six inch Destro shots have surfaced.
  I think there is some discontent from some collectors about the designs of the other figures we have seen. This Destro is a more classic look that they seem to appreciate so far. I wonder if that briefcase is full of money?
I do believe he is up for pre order. I need to find and remember how to doctor a link:

Entertainment Earth Link to Order

Thanks to hisstank for the shots
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:57:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »
Looks cool! The bad guys are going to be the best ones. I like the silver paint, I know everyone wants vac plate but I think in some cases the paint is better, and Hasbro is making better metallic paints. With vac plating you loose a lot of detail, and this head sculpt looks good.  I'd get the Destro over the others. I don't mind the reimagination, but they're just not my favorite characters. The only snake eyes version I really like is the commando, I never understood the visor thing he wore, looks like Geordie Laforge. Is he blind or something? But the goggles were cool.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:30:28 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 07:02:43 AM »
Very nice. Clint I took the liberty of adding a few more images and a link; including whats in the box. Thanks for making us aware of it. This one looks pretty good. I bet it sells out.

Off to the front pages.