Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144771 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2009, 08:01:31 PM »
Now that I have a primary coat of paint on the helmet, It's time to throw a flat black outline around the visor. I still need to touch up the yellow to make things neater. For the heck of it, I threw the copper foil onto the atrt driver's visor, as well. Alot of painting is still refquired on both helmets and I need to add the lighter brown to the rc helmet and then some details in dark brown or black.

About this dude's paintjob................which way should I go? Should I detail and tighten it up as is? Should I add more graphics, such as a different shade around the parimeter of the exsisting color sheme? Camo on the light brown? camo on both colors to transition in color but not pattern as the pattern moves from the yellow to the brown background?
decisions, decisions. I would like your guys input.

Also, what about extra helmet mods for either or both helmets?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2009, 04:48:08 AM »
Now, you can see, that I have started to carry over the light brown areas to the RC mod helmet and that I have refined some of the armor crack detail lines. Still more painting to do.

Don't forget, there's still time to get your entry in for the Win a custom Mando contest .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:55:38 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2009, 06:34:56 AM »
Now that I have refined some of the details for this dude's armor, that much more, I have decided that it's a no go for the planned camo scheme. I painted the leg straps and two arm straps for his elbow pads, the old concrete color and may add some detail lines to those leg straps, as well. I have added detail lines to the back of his helmet, the armor cracks on his arms,hands, and on his legs. I still need to touch those up. I must decide where to add these lines to the front of his helmet as it needs something. I need to work on filling in that helmet seem line, on the left side, with paint some more.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:42:54 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2009, 04:13:22 AM »
After catching up enough on some other duties, I finally found the time to start working on a commisioned figure.
this is to be another commander Ponds fig. Like before, I started with a CW Rex fig, Chose and altered a cast resin Rex helmet, and completely covered all white areas of the figures body with flat white. The helmet might take another coat or two before I start on the Ponds graphics.

While I haven't done any more work on the actual figure, I have chosen some accessories for our desert ops RC figure and did some painting on two or three of them. I have here, a painted cast resin GM backpack that I removed the peg from and will mount another one to work with this fig. I also have a cast resin sandtrooper ammo pouch that I have painted up, a cast resin clonecommnader pistol holster which is partially painted that I will fit a peg onto to fit and be removable from that strapped leg location. And, I have this remnant of the clone commander pauldron that I butchered to make the legacy Rex pauldron. I may do some trimming and save that small belt with the small pouches to incorperate in some way. Also, I have mounted some copper foil to the visor of that atrt head but havent painted on it anymore.

Some days, I just wake up with that custom itch. If I wern't working today, I would be all about working on this stuff.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2009, 03:51:43 AM »
As you can see here, I havent forgotten about Tamer's snow mando, and extracted his papermache cape from the cape mold, last night. I had already pretrimmed around the edges and will trim off some more excess, next.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2009, 03:54:07 AM »
I got up early enough, this morning, to work on some detail painting for the desert ops RC fig. While more touchups are still coming, I refined those dark detail lines at the back of his helmet, and added some more to the side and front.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2009, 03:57:10 AM »
Here, I have trimmed the excess material off of that clone commander's pauldron and now have an ammo pouch belt that's ready for sizing to his waist, in the front.
Also, I worked on adding some detail lines to the atrt helmet which will be touched up, later.
I still need to hack off that turkey baster of an antenna that he has got.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »
Thanks, buddy!
  I had time, this morning to refine his detail painting a little more. I added the dark lines around and on the leg straps. I'm not sure how I like them but touched up the surrounding colors and moved on to that cast-resin pistol holster. I found a piece of hollow wire insulation the proper diameter to fit his leg hole, measured and cut it to length, and then superglued it to the back side of the holster. Some detail painting is still required on the holster but now, it is interchangable with the stock accessory that comes with Scorch and is mounted there.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2009, 04:07:47 AM »
After that, I moved on to the GM backpack. It's factory peg was too big for the hole on the Scorch fig's back, so I cut it off, drilled a pilot hole where the peg was and reamed out the hole enough for a length of coated tie wire to fit. I then trimmed the wire to length, Glued it into the hole in the backpack and now, I have an interchangeable backpack as well.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2009, 04:09:35 AM »
Two more shots. Now, I have two more accessories to engineer and mount and then, it will be time to see what I can come up with for a primary weapon for this dude.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2009, 05:40:21 AM »
looking good Clint.
Thanks buddy. I got rained out, today, so you know what that means..........................customs time!!
I started, this morning by doing a little touch up painting to the Desert Commando's pistol holster and then I sized that little ammo pouch belt so that it would terminate at the proper points when I mount it to his waist. I gave a thin coat of the same color as the holster to this. I will now, mount it, and paint it. I cut some notches into the back of the belt so that it would conform to the curvature of his waist a bit easier.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2009, 05:45:40 AM »
While the primary coat of paint was drying on that little ammo belt, I trimmed the length of the snow mando cape and painted the inside of it, Flat white. I used the original snow mando cape as a guide as to where to cut the length at.
I will probably paint the back, next, and then work on mounting the coller wire and the wire framework that will form the shape of  the capes simulated thrown-back hood.

Just a reminder, folks..............There is less than a week left to get your entry in for the Win a custom mando contest!
You can find that thread, here .

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2009, 05:35:15 AM »
I got sidetracked, yesterday and didn't get as much stuff done as I had hoped.
I started off, today, by working on the cape for the snow mando.
I have painted a primary layer of dark brown on the backside of the cape. I then cut and bent a length of craft wire and superglued it to the inside of the cape's coller area. This will aid in mounting, when the cape is complete.
I then bent and mounted the first of two lengths of wire that will serve as a framework for the capes thrown-back hood to the back of the cape.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2009, 05:38:56 AM »
some shots of the second hood frame wire which will make the shape of the transition point inbetween the inside and outside parts of the hood.
  I need to paint the backside of the cape darker to match the other one after I do some papermache work to cover the inner coller mouning wire and the outer hood frame wires.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:25 AM »
Moving along, I did some work to the desert ops RC fig, this morning. I mounted the modded ammo belt piece to his waist and hung the bigger ammo pouch on his waist to the oppisite side of the holster.Some touchup painting is required, here. This guy is getting close.
  I shot these shots with the old camera. Now I remember why I upgraded...........these shots kinda stink.

As I told Tamer, I am also working on a Legacy version of an AOTC incinerator trooper.
Here is a shot of the three incinerator troopers in my posession, today. That skinny clone wars one is getting shipped to the UK, today.