Author Topic: B1976 customs - 3D crystal warlord finished and another happy customer.  (Read 43934 times)

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
Cool looking project. Back to the front page.

I was just talking about you on CAFN last night.
Wow,that sounds most impressive ......I'll be sure to tune in later,I must apologise for being absent......re-reading Luceno's Darth plagueis.
Also tinkering with the holo figure,remember the old action figures visionaries? Imagine that but in a 21st century format and your own face light up inside the armour.......jumped at the idea of it.

The possibilities are endless.........3d holo images of yourself on a comm table for the fan novels. Your face inside a jedi/sith holocron or projecting your image from within the holocron onto a surface.

Currently I have the figure rigged to it slots into the neck and body cavity,as it does it turns on the LED and clicks firmly into a securing clip. Also started some warrior sculpting. First I need to finish this book as I didn't read it fully the first time,kinda skipped through it for a few ideas.

Thanks for the keen interest,will be sure to update you all shortly.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Commission piece progressing well,should have some pics soon.

In regards to the holo head figure, would anybody like to see anything similar produced?

A couple of ideas I've come up with are to either light up your holo table with the new power pack I'm using. Or to produce similar tables in 1:18 or 1/6
Holocron key rings?
Holocrons to be placed over a light source. I.e on the light table? 1:18 or 1/6

The crystal can contain any 3d images,and be mounted in anything I guess........I'm curious to see if a 1:18 figure can be produced as a light up crystal holo image. Highly detailed compared to the blue plastic moulded figures.

Press a button on a custom made computer console and a 3d image of yourself appears on screen.......... How does that sound?

What would you like to see for your diorama or display cabinet?
Reach out with your feelings......let the force flow through you and hit me with your thoughts ;D

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:26:40 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I have always wanted to see a circular action figure sized platform that could be used to light up holographic figures.

I keep thinking a Krang cube would look good for one of these you are working on too.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Aha the pink blob from TMNT.......mounted in the figure and lit up.

I got a few holo figures to tinker with too,I just finished revising my holo table,new light unit works a treat.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I just finished revising my holo table,new light unit works a treat.

I would like to see some pics of that.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Here's the current wip for him........halfway on the main sculpting.

This is a fun project........btw I'm going to sell a few figures to make space,I'll list them when I've finished the warlord

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Dang man this is a crazy but cool concept! Very nice sculpting so far and I can't wait to see the finished piece!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Looks like it is coming along nicely!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Thanks very much you guys,I showed my mates a couple of wip shots and they didn't expect it to look this good already.........to say they're please with it is an understatement.

I'm also looking into the idea of a holo table for the figures........size,shape and also the option to have every figures name laser etched into designated etched out spaces so when it's illuminated,the holo figures light up and their names appear.
Holocrons I believe can be etched with any intricate patterns and down to about 10mm cubes.......not permanently illuminated though.

Should be fun to get some examples of custom Star Wars crystals up on here and judge the feedback.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Here's the finished warlord........more work coming my way thanks to this beauty
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:42:07 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, looks great. Back on the front page with another story.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
This is outstanding i was waiting to see this finished and you didn't disappoint well done!!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Cheers guys,and to think it started out life as a 99p power ranger.

Offline Tankster

• Commander
Dude this is like a mix of Tonka's Supernaturals mixed with Hasbro's Visionaries so cool!

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
Dude this is like a mix of Tonka's Supernaturals mixed with Hasbro's Visionaries so cool!

I was racking my brain trying to remember what those toys where called. I was thinking the same thing.