Author Topic: A request for an awesome banner~  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Jakartha

• Ensign
A request for an awesome banner~
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:58:39 AM »

I noticed alot of you guys have some terrific banners and digital artwork up here on the site, and was wondering if I could maybe reuest one of the talented artists to put one together for me? Id cobble one together myself but, I have no photoshop program to speak of  :(   

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: A request for an awesome banner~
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:03:08 AM »
Jakartha,

I am the main culprit responsible for banners and Avatars but I've taken my eye off the ball lately as there are several people already waiting for banners. I tend to get creative bursts, so if you stick around you'll just find a personal message with your own personal banner and avatar included appear one day out of the blue.

If any of the other graphic artists on the forum would like to take a shot then by all means be my guest. The standard banner size for the site is 580 x 67. I recommend working on an image 4 times that resolution then flattening it before reducing it to the forum size, that way you'll keep all of the detail...

Jules
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:43:04 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Jakartha

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
  Sounds good to me bud, thanks! Tamer threw me a link to a free photoshop program he says is pretty good so Ill probly download that tonight and play around with it in the meantime and see what I come up with~

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
If it's GIMP you'll love it!

Offline Jakartha

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
If it's GIMP you'll love it!

It was a software called Splashup, but Im having a bit of trouble figuring it out. Its been a good while since Ive used any kind of photoshop program so I guess Im pretty rusty-lol. I downloaded GIMP also though. May fool around with it tonight and see what I come up with

Thx!