Author Topic: RCWCreations customs figures  (Read 61181 times)

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
Re: Panther's customs
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2018, 01:34:57 AM »
I never played anything Warhammer related until recently, now I'm addicted to playing Freeblade on the iPhone.

While having a very busy weekend, I still found time to complete another Plague Marine and 2 more Poxwalkers.  I think I am starting to get the hang with the layer paints on hte Poxwalkers.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/home/contents/warhammer-40k/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:37:34 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2018, 02:50:24 AM »
Nice and gruesome. Off to share your update.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2018, 12:06:39 AM »
Some more WIP Death Guard for your perusal.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/plague-marines
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:27:03 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2018, 02:33:36 AM »
Wow, even more gruesome. It is definitely the right time of year too. off to share the latest.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2018, 11:43:28 PM »
I finished painting my latest Plague Marine the other night, here he is next to the first one I painted a month ago.  After taking the picture of the pair of them, I went back and touched up his stomach mouth while adding a light coat of Screaming Pink around his face to pick up the highlights.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/plague-marines/#plague

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2018, 02:46:51 AM »
The colors are really popping on this one. Gruesome. I like it. Off to share.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »
I agree with Shawn.
The paintjob is amazing.
Some of those figures (especially the last one) are really creepy (in a good way).
Excellent work!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2018, 01:35:15 AM »
Thanks FialaFernbrugg.

This weekend I went over one of the Poxwalkers I was not happy, I applied two thin layers of Flayed One Flesh, when this had dried I highlighted his body using Pallid Wych Flesh to pick out the detail on his body.  In the picture the top two are before and after completion while the bottom picture is with his twin I still have to finish.

With the two Reivers and Intercessor I've added red to the eyes, painted the Reivers skull masks and coated all of them in the layer of Nuil oil, which produces a loveky effect around the Reivers helmets.

To finish off I completed the paint job on my sixth Plague Marine.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/home/contents/warhammer-40k/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:36:56 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2018, 02:31:41 AM »
Very nice. Off to share the latest.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2018, 02:00:16 AM »
Last night I finished adding applied two thin layers of Flayed One Flesh, when this had dried I highlighted their bodies using Pallid Wych Flesh to pick out the detail on their bodies.

I've added pictures of them against the first ones that I have done to see difference between them.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/plague-marines/#poxwalkers
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:05:25 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2018, 02:34:44 AM »
I am liking the painting on these. I am thinking of getting a few WarHammer 40K books after seeing all these great updates. Off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2018, 01:27:16 AM »
Thanks Shawn, then I hope you like these!

I had to do another paint run to my local GW store after watching a couple of Warhammer how to guides I had to get some more paints to make these guys stand out.

Like the previous Poxwalkers before I applied two thin layers of Flayed One Flesh, when this had dried I highlighted his body using Pallid Wych Flesh to pick out the detail on his body.  Used Bugman's Glow for the boils with a layer of Seraphim Sepia or Nurgles Grot (depending).

The tentacles I shaded them Druchii Violet, once that had dried a layer of Rakarth Flesh over the top but not into the recesses of the tentacles and then edge highlighted them with Pallid Wych Flesh. 

For their belts and pouches I used a combination of Eshin Grey and Dawnstone, for thr loin cloths/pants a layer of Dawnstone and edge highlights using Administratum Grey.

I have taken pictures with the previous ones I have done before as a comparison, hope you like them.  The ones on the right are the miniatures I have just finished, a sort of before and after kinda thing.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/plague-marines/#poxwalkers
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:42:39 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2018, 01:33:55 AM »
Next up is the Intercessor I have been working on, I did the edge highlights using a Fenrisian Grey with a fine tipped brush also doing the same with the Reivers.  I still need to work on the steady hand when doing fine detail like this.

With their weapons I used a hand drill to drill out their gun barrels before applying a thin layer of Nuln Oil to their guns.  When it dry I dry brushed Stormhost Silver over them to pick out the details of their weapons.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/ultramarines/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:37:59 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2018, 03:44:27 AM »
Yepper those Poxwalkers looks absolutely hideous. You have painted up great detail. Like the new Marine too. Off to share both updates.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2018, 01:35:40 AM »
I came across a bag of Warhammer miniatures in a charity shop. After opening the bag I found many where in need of a complete paint job. Here is the first of many repaints from that bag, a 5th edition Terminator Sergeant.

I repainted his armour with macragge blue, using my thin layer brush at a 45 degree angle I went over all the edgers using Calgar blue, once dry I went over some the edges again with Fenrisian Grey to make them stand out more.  Looking at his back I need to tidy it up using macragge to even it out.

With the blue done, it was time to go over his emblems with a base coat of retributor armour, then a shade of reikland flesh (which helps to pick up the recesses of his badges, followed by a layer of Balthasar Gold.

For his weapon, air vents, kilt, borg eye piece and pipes I coated them with leadbelcher, a shade of Nuln oil followed up with Stormhosts Silver for edge highlighting, using the technique of holding the brush at a 45 degree angle.

For his face I used Bugman's glow, dru brushed over with Screaming Pink and then Palid Wych Flesh.

His knee I applied a couple of layers of ceramic white and the parchment on his side was a combination of Rakerth flesh as a base coat, with a shade of Agrax Earthshade and a layer of zandri dust.

The base was already done but I added a small patch of sand with small patches of foliage on either side with a little Agrax Earthshade over the top.

Quite impressed I was able to complete him in one evening.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/ultramarines/#terminators
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:56:31 AM by Panther »