Author Topic: Q&A by members for members  (Read 12855 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Q&A by members for members
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2023, 09:45:36 AM »
JDeck: Man, that definitely looks like a professional hobby! A friend of mine did the same and still is the go-to expert for drinks on any private party. Your equipment and drinks look top notch!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2023, 09:47:27 AM »
Question for Week 3: What are you looking forward to this year? What are you hyped for the most?

I hope Hasbro will give us an Imperial Shock Trooper using the latest Stormtrooper tooling. And I'm hyped for the upcoming all-new Phase II Clone Trooper! Please, let it be as good as the Stormtrooper. I'll go bankrupt.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2023, 08:51:00 PM »
JDeck: Man, that definitely looks like a professional hobby! A friend of mine did the same and still is the go-to expert for drinks on any private party. Your equipment and drinks look top notch!

Thanks DM. It's a good skill to have. It's a lot like cooking. I'm still building up my tools, just making due with what I have, but it's still more than some bars I've been to. I make my own juices and syrups, which makes all the difference in the world.

Question for Week 3: What are you looking forward to this year? What are you hyped for the most?

I hope Hasbro will give us an Imperial Shock Trooper using the latest Stormtrooper tooling. And I'm hyped for the upcoming all-new Phase II Clone Trooper! Please, let it be as good as the Stormtrooper. I'll go bankrupt.

I'm looking forward to completing my army build, at least for the most part. Maybe Mandalorian season 3 will introduce another trooper variant hasbro will make a year later. We got Piett and Gerjerrod, the potential for more new officers.
I didn't get a whole lot of customs and things done in 2022, I had a lot going on. This year I hope to do some cool stuff. I'm a little behind schedule. I was hoping to start some Endor Photography this week, but I need to get my hobbyroom in order first.

I hope the rumors are true for TVC black Krrsantan. He's my favorite guy in TBOBF.
The Endor Bunker will be cool. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but good none the less.
Looking forward to Mandalorian season 3, the rest of Bad Batch S2, acolyte sounds interesting. Ahsoka would be cool to resolve the Rebels series. I don't know about Skeleton Crew. I like Jude Law is in it, but outside of that I'm not sure about any rumors. I'll watch it. 2023 will be cool.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:02:20 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2023, 07:18:33 AM »
Definitely Mandalorian Season 3. I keep hoping to see some type of repurposed Imperial Walker that could then show up on shelf. Well pre-order anyhow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2023, 07:07:47 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/dE60j-vQ0RQ

Don’t know if I mentioned this but I have acquired a new hobby myself.
 “ like there’s room for more” I play drums now
Got this set about six months ago.
Always wanted a set of drums.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 06:48:31 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2023, 04:02:50 AM »
Can't watch the video because it's private, but a drum set is something special to me as well! I love music, enjoy it almost every day and am super happy that you added the drums to your hobby portfolio!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2023, 06:49:01 AM »
Try again more

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2023, 07:54:29 AM »
Wow Clint. You are a man of many talents. Rock on bud.

Time to join a band.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2023, 08:02:16 AM »
Now it works! Sounds good, nice drumsticks too!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2023, 08:07:58 AM »
Question to y'all: What is your dream project, that has been on your to-do list for ages, but you'd really like to realize some day?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2023, 08:21:06 AM »
Hmm, so many things.
Here is a small one that would t be so bad.
I would like to make a Cloud city landing platform for the Falcon or Slave 1 complete with lights to mount hanging on the wall. A proper cloudy sunset wall photo behind could round it out nicely.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2023, 06:36:43 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/dE60j-vQ0RQ

Don’t know if I mentioned this but I have acquired a new hobby myself.
 “ like there’s room for more” I play drums now
Got this set about six months ago.
Always wanted a set of drums.

That's pretty great! Music is a great pastime.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2023, 08:24:40 PM »
Thanks, yes, I was always a guitar guy, ever since I was a kid. Cheaper, takes less room than drums do. I knew a guy, believe it or not, who had a full drum kit on the ship, when I was in the Navy. He was a sonar tech and had the kit set up in a sonar equipment room, 2-3 vertical ladders down, through 3 watertight hatches, under the water level. How in the heck did he get it down there? There were some amps set up down there. I remember taking my guitar down those ladders one time and him and I trading back and forth with guitar and drums.
  So, the son in law gave me a five piece set about 6 months ago. I hadn’t touched a drum since I was in the navy. In usual Clonehead fashion, I added pieces to the kit until now where it looks like something Neal Peart  might of had when he was in high school.
  I’m having fun with it. Can’t play before or after
9 since it’s so noisy, or when the wife is sleeping. It keeps the window of opportunity to practice fairly short sometimes.
I need like a soundproofed warehouse somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 08:26:12 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2023, 03:46:19 AM »
Question to y'all: What is your dream project, that has been on your to-do list for ages, but you'd really like to realize some day?

I have a display cabinet full of vehicles right now, but I always made that cabinet with the idea to do a "Veer's Briefing" Dio once the Walkers got done with blowing up Echo Base. Kind of a Hoth look, but with an Imperial theme and Vader either standing in the background or attending on a holo or something like that.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2023, 08:21:54 PM »
My ideas are always in a chaotic state of change and evolution. I still want to work on my Galgrebaa Spaceport project. Basically a little city. I think I'll get an industrial/garage shelf same as my army shelf, and create streets, buildings, and have a prper home for my customs and favorite figures. Originally I wanted a large table, but a shelf would work better. It's been a while since I've worked on it, but I haven't lost sight.