Author Topic: VIRGINIA  (Read 19531 times)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: VIRGINIA
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »
TRU got a rare Tuesday re-stock so I stopped by to check out what was new. They had a stack taller than me of AT-TE's waiting to be unpacked to start shelf warming. Nice.

The only "new" thing I saw of note was a case of TCW re-packs, the newest ones. (CW24-29) Big whoop.  ::)

No new BP's, no Matchstick. :(

Next truck is due tomorrow, will try again...

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
Found the Dewback and AT-ST today and 2 different Walmarts here locally. They both looked pretty sharp, but I passed on both since I am not a Legacy collector.

Really hoping we get the new BP's here this week that have started showing up around the country. Not to mention that TCW Wave 10...I came up totally empty on the Big Hunt last night.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2009, 03:17:10 AM »
I wondered if you had seen any yet. It time for me to go look again.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:45 AM »
My walmart only had 6 AT-ST Walkers and 4 Dewbacks thats it all they got and those sold like hot cakes  I hope they get more AT-ST's soon need to get a squad.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
Yeah, I only saw 3 Dewbacks but a TON of AT-ST's. They had at least a dozen if not more. I saw another bunch boxed on a pallet waiting to be put out on the shelves today. (Different store)

Seeing more and more recent TLC waves, still no new TCW stuff though.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2009, 11:54:48 AM »
Joy of joys, I found new toys! :o

One of the further out Walmarts had all of TCW Wave 7...Padme, Matchstick, Ziro's Assassin Droid, and the Tank Gunner. Only 1 of each and some slightly dinged cards, but impossible to pass up.

I'm all caught up on figs now!

I've still got an eye out for new BP's, notably the Rishi Moon Attack, but I'm thinking TRU will probably be the first plac that shows up around here and they don't restock until Wednesday.

Still wondering if we will see Wave 8 and those 2 Target exclusive BP's before the end of the year. Other than that the line is pretty much done for '09.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »
Still striking out in my Battlepack search, but I did see the ANH Lecacy Wave on shelves for the first time locally. (Hrchek Kal Fas, Leesub, etc)  That's a first.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »
Game...Set...Match!

Picked up the Rishi Moon Outpost Attack BP this morning at TRU. They must have just put them out overnight, full case of the new wave on the shelves.

I am just so freaking relieved to be off the Hunt again. It is getting crazy out there this time of year!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »
Big scores tonight! Both new Target exclusive BP's are now mine. I had to use the DPCI trick to get them brought out from the Stockroom, but it was well worth the trouble.

Get them before they hit the shelves! They must come 4 to a case (2 of each) because my store had doubles of both. (not any more)

So unless we see the Hondo/Aayla Wave sometime in December, I think I am done for the year! Woot!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »
Hard to believe it's been almost a month since I posted in here, it's very weird being off the Hunt for weeks now.

I feel like the next TCW wave is due to hit soon though (Hondo, Aayla, et al)  so I am trying to hit a few stores a week just to stay current.

Saw most of the ESB wave last night at Walmart. They had Zuckuss, Willrow, the Bespin Guard, etc. It was cool to see these "in the wild" but as a TCW purist, I didn't feel compelled to pick any up. (Willrow for $6 is tempting though, as a desk ornament here at work if nothing else)

All my $$$ are going to vintage stuff right now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
Hey McMetal, long time no hear.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
Good to hear the ESB wave is hitting, I plan to drive to VA this weekend to find em. Did you see em in good numbers? I will try not to ask, but I might need an assist.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2009, 02:00:13 PM »
They had 1 of each it appeared on the shelves, that was the only Walmart I have checked around here for awhile now, so they may be all over, just not sure since I've stopped all that insane driving around every day.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »
I went back last night and picked up Willrow and Zuckuss. I didn't really need either of these but I miss spending money on toys and it was cool to see new stuff on the pegs. I am thinking of starting a Zuckuss focus, which shouldn't take much work to complete. I've already got the vintage and 12" versions, how many more could there be? :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2009, 07:20:06 AM »
LOL. Be careful, I said that with Action Fleet AT-AT items and you wouldn't believe how many there are, daggone AF guys!