Author Topic: military ground vehicle  (Read 38646 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: military ground vehicle
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2009, 06:28:24 PM »
I agree with Spud, the little gun on top looks like a chin gun. The middle gun looks odd because it is the same as the 2 side guns you added. I would keep the 2 side guns, change out that middle gun with something else. Move the small top gun down to where it is almost on the bottom in the middle of the tank. I can see that you have weathered it with black and to answer your question the problem you are having is that the dark blue  is not letting the black show up as good, and it's not going to. You would need to paint areas with grey first, then touches of silver on corners and edges to simulate metal showing thru in areas then use the black wash.  You may not want it to look that old but it is hard to weather something that dark with black. I think if you go over it again in black it might just look like a bad paint job. You could try an area on the bottom with a tan wash as it would contrast the blue but that will just make it look dusty or covered in dirt depending on how much you do. Just my opinion but whatever you try i suggest trying it on the bottom first and see if you like it. If not wipe it off and try the next thing.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2009, 06:58:26 PM »
Lots to think about.  I'll definitely try some new things on the bottom, to see what I can get to stand out.  I'm definitely interested in trying the weathering with some silver and black.  I did just put in some accents in silver to make the unit pop more, and I'm very pleased with the result.  I was trying to encompass the colors of this site into my ship, and that's where I'm having the trouble.  I think I'm going to take out that light blue alltogether, as it makes it look too cartoony. 

The issue with the guns is well taken.  The little one on top is definitely out of place and needs to be replaced with something.  Not sure what yet.  I could move the bigger middle gun up there, but not sure how that's gonna look or function.

I have a couple more ideas yet, so we'll see how they come out...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »
Sounds like you are on the right track. I was going to say something about the lt. blue but didn't want you to feel like I was ripping it apart. I was thinking you might be going with a cartoon look with it. I would use grey accents on those areas.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2009, 07:07:46 PM »
By all means, rip it apart!  I think if I could find the exact light blue as I use in this site (anyone know somewhere that can make custom artist paints using the hexidecimal color wheel?) and use it as a light accent, that may be different, but as it is, I think is too much.  I'll do a little more work on it tomorrow and post more pics to get more reactions.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
here is my entry...
I'll post some more imags shortly, I was just excited to get it finished.

It looks great jules!! Nice wooded area too =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2009, 05:29:26 AM »
I have not done much to my ship the past few days. I did cut the second smaller window into the plating and removed the tinted side windows. Now you will be able to see clearly into the cockpit. That was some of the toughest glue ever holding the windows on. It split part of the window frame trying to cut/pry them out. Now I have that to fix and repaint the top half of the interior.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »
Pat, I like your shipyards themed tank. It is different than some of the stuff here but It serves it's purpose, and is pretty cool looking. I like you had planned on the republic assault tank being the subject matter of Spud's contest and, of that, I had a repaint and some mods planned.

Guys, I don't see me having time to enter Tamer's walker in this contest anytime soon. Other things have just piled up, it seems. I will continue to document the modification of the atip in my custom vehicles thread and will continue to watch and provide input here.. I don't want you guys to have to wait for me and I don't' want to rush my project but want to give it as much time as I can. I hope you understand.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »
Guys, I decided on a repaint as I was not quite happy with the last paint job. Finally I have the Troop Transport perfect. So this is my completed entry to this competition Gentlemen I present the MT-RT.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 05:31:02 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
Bravo Jules!  That whole scene is just awesome!  Excellent re-creation of the ship, along with it's support ships/droids!  I can see I have a LONG ways to go yet!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
O...............M..................G..!!!!!.............. smack!!.....CRASH!!!!!..............BOOM...........BANG!!!!......
let me pick myself of the floor, your MT-RT is Brilliant!! and you took this comp to a whole new level with posting a catalogue of sorts..
i think i will pull out of this comp lol... that Paint work Jules is bloody flawless mate.... my brain has just stop turning..........*blink*
what?  ............ whats just happen ........... what am i looking at again???

OH YEAH that's right.........................O...............M..................G..!!!!!.............. smack!!.....CRASH!!!!!..............BOOM...........BANG!!!!......

*CC doesn't get up this time*

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »
Ahh, cheers CC but seeing how you are able to cast your own parts, plus all of the amazing custom figures you put together I'm sure my entry will be trailing in your wake before too long...But thanks for the amazing reply anyway!

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2009, 05:58:24 PM »
AWESOME!! This is a very nice vehicle indeed Jules this most impressive to me.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
ME?? cast my own parts??? i think you are mixing me up with clint...(clonehead) lol

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
ooops :P

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2009, 06:15:05 PM »
Jules, I love it! Such an interesting design, Love the main craft and the mini rig is just awesome. I love that little thing! One thing that makes it so cool is the diversity of the vehicle. The new paint scheme is another nice change up. Funny but when I was looking at your ship when you made Bessie I was thinking this vehicle would look cool with the face on the front like that clone wars gun ship. Top rate job on this one and what a great entry.