Author Topic: military ground vehicle  (Read 38641 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: military ground vehicle
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2009, 04:30:01 AM »
Looks good, Jules! I am liking that gun on top of Bessie.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2009, 06:05:16 AM »
doc, I like!!!  I realy like the "heavy destroyer droid".   I also have a droideka feet turned mobile gun!  oh no wait... I sent that out in box I sold on e-bay...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
Oh, wow - I agree!  Jules, you have gone and surprised - and delighted - us again!  That looks awesome!

Spud, that tank looks great!  The paint-job really unified it.

Luke - holy cow!!  That thing is looking great! 

Wow, and I'm gonna have to really step mine up.  My idea is too small up against these!  More power, cap'n!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2009, 11:22:13 AM »
Jules, I am glad to hear you are in on this. It will be great fun for everyone! Nice additions to Bessie and I like the new droid and mini tank. You know I love the WIP pics.

Spud, I love how your tank turned out and thanks for posting the pics here to help inspire us on this project.

Thanks Doc and Clint I'll have some better pics soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »
Jules is now chopping up vehicles, the customs guys got him!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »
Tamer, I needed a change...when it comes to photoshop I'm in my comfort zone, when it comes to customs I'm no match for the likes of Psyclone, the Sprywalker, Spuda etc...I'm just happy to be joining in for a change...

I'm really loving the other entries...all of them are unique and all have their own awesome qualities.

Luke, thanks for the encouragement, I've got a drawer full of paints that need to be used and this competition really appealed to me. There are some very heavy hitters entering, so it's great to be fighting my corner.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:55:48 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2009, 03:59:17 PM »
its great to have you join in HB!  I can't wait to see your projects come to fruition!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
awesome Jules welcome buddy great to have you here in the comp. this thread is cracking along nicely now...
LS your ship is coming along with leaps and bounds my friend love the addition to the back hatch with using Lego has hinges great stuff...
Dev...mate that Tank looks like a monster killer....fantastic job buddy...just a tip in terms of using the black for all the panel lines.... water down the paint so you can paint across the lines and let the paint go into the cracks it will give it a more natural look...that's one of the ways i did it to the inside of my TT doors and it worked perfectly... if you are worries there is to much paint in the actual panel wipe it lightly you cant go wrong....

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2009, 05:13:03 AM »
Not much of an update just trying to get clearer pics of the containers I want to mount on the outside of the vehicle.

This overhead shot is to show how far they stuck out on the sides.

Oh yea I added the second window on top and now I am thinking about what Spuda Fettt said, " get rid of the tinted glass on the side and replace it with a clear plastic window." I may have to do that rather than tinting the front to match. It looks so cool being able to see inside.

Any thoughts?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »
you already know what I think. lol

thanks for the tip on the painting CC.  by wattering it down, do you mean thinning it with paint thinners or do you mean actual water?

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »
here is my entry...

I'll post some more imags shortly, I was just excited to get it finished.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »
looks pretty sweet to me Jules.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2009, 02:19:50 PM »
Ok, here are my shots of my entry.  It's FAR from complete, I'm just at an artistic stand still for now, so points and tips, suggestions, and criticism are encouraged.  I really don't like the weathering I've attempted to do on it, so help is needed!  Any way, here it is...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »
hmmm... I like it.  I wouldn't take any more pictures of it with the flash though, it just looks too bright.

Phatty:

I would also toy around with the placement of that middle gun, maybe moving it up to the top and moving the tiny little gun that was included with the tank down to the front on the bottom level...

the only weathering i can even see on it is in the third picture, you DEFINATELY need to go alot heavier with it, BUT use a dryer brush when doing it.  It looks like you still had too much paint in the brush while you were trying to do that.

get the biggest bushyest brush you have too.  that always helps.

I would also paint the fram around the back vent area... but you might already be planning to do that...

that's all I can think of for now, your definately on the right track.  If I were you I'd definately think about replacing the existing gun on the top turret, I just think that tiny thing is way too small for the tank, especially if your adding new guns to it already.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »
you already know what I think. lol

thanks for the tip on the painting CC.  by wattering it down, do you mean thinning it with paint thinners or do you mean actual water?

hmmm it depends on the kind of paint you are using Dev... i use water base paint therefore i use water to thin it down to a wash.
but if you are using paints that require the brush to be cleaned with thinners then that's what you will need for your paints.... however
i have never used them kind of paints so my advice might be totally useless..... the only thing i can say is ...and it might work if it is oil based paint,use the thinners to thin it down and ....... no no i don't think that will work, get your self some water-based black and try my technique, because i think if you use more thinners you might wipe of the paint that is already applied to the tank .

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead