Author Topic: military ground vehicle  (Read 38685 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: military ground vehicle
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
Thanks buddy. Those are the sort of customs and dioramas that inspired me when I was a kid. I made that diorama probably more than 5 years ago. Probably right about the time I got into star wars customs.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »
man I am loving what I am seeing here.

remember guys, you can post your wip pics, or even your finished product but it won't be completely finished until december 1st!  you always have time to change your entry or modify your entry!!!

LS, that tank is looking good.  I was wary of the nacelles being on there but it looks good.  the boxes and containers on the sides realy displace the nacelles, and it looks great.

It'l be intersting to see how you attach the shuttle to it all with the magnets.

can't wait to see it finished.... I wish I had the energy right now to finish my tank! 

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »
LS that Shuttle/tank is coming along Brilliantly mate some great idea what more can i say? can we pick a winner now lol  ;D......... i think...no i know that you will win mate, well done buddy!!! and this is just the WIP!!!!  ;D

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 07:00:02 PM »
It's coming along nicely man!! sweet!

Some ideas.

Thread skirts
I like guns on top
Removable engines (via magnets)
Removable rear cargo area (via magnets) so you can make a flat top carrier...

I guess what I'm seeing is a multi use vehicle that has parts and pieces that come off the tread and platform base.

What do you think?

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys I like the ideas you have offered. StenHunter, you and I are thinking the same things. Removable Engines are something I didn't think of. By skirt do you mean a cover over the top? If so that is something I am still figuring out. I may use something other than the board the shuttle and cargo bin sits on.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
we can't pick a winner yet! ther'es only been two entries!  now come on guys where is everyone else's?!?!?!

BRAGGING RIGHTS remember?! come on! you know you guys wanna rub it in everyone else's faces that you entered and won a contest!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »
Mine is still under way,  I can see there is stiff competition, the 2 thus far are superb.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48:48 PM »
I think the coolest part is not the contest but tossing around ideas and WIP pics. Seeing something come together from start to finish wether it is a repaint or a scratch build. I enjoy the comrodery and the evolution of the custom.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
I agree, L.E., it's great to share ideas and think that the combining of different ideas can influence one persons creative talents.

I have something in mind that has been on the back burner for some time, Spud, but I don't know if I could finish it in time. It is to be a complicated piece, you see.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »
well clint if everyone else agrees we can push the due date till january 1st, add a month to the contest!

If the consensus agrees we will give it another month!  I don't want people not to enter or try because they don't think they'll finish in time!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »
that would be cool and give me a reason to get off of my butt with that project. I think I will dig it out tomorrow anyway.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2009, 07:47:31 AM »
I know I've been tied up with trying to get that trailer-house cleaned out and haven't had time to do much more than think about my entry, and that only sporadically!  Nudging the deadline to 1/1 works for me.

LS - that's genius man!!  I love that CD-file usage!

Ok, and a question - you knew it was coming - what ARE those nacelles/engines you used???  I saw them and instantly a particular application flashed into my mind, nothing to do with engines.  I need those ...bottles? tubes? THINGS!!!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »
Clint please dig your vehicle project out of the closet and get us some WIP pics. I would love to see what you will be working with. As far as a date for final cut off January would be great if it will get more participation. I hope to see some pics from others soon! vadsab

Doc I know you want to use these things to get air bubbles out of your molds. ;)  They are test tubes that held Hulk bubble bath and came like a lab set. They were a gift to my youngest son a year ago and you know I don't throw anything away. I can tell you they are slightly bigger than a cigar tube that I have that I almost used, so that might be an idea for you.

As far as my vehicle design, I didn't start with a plan. I went in my attic, got out my vehicle fodder/random yard sale junk box. The Trax, ST ship and disk holder among other thing that didn't work were all I had to work with. I just put different things together until something looked cool. I had the shuttle sitting on the trax and looked over at the disk holder and a light bulb lit up over my head.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2009, 08:13:42 AM »
it's nice when those light bulbs just go off... more often than not here lately I'll be working on a project and my lightbulb blows out... I usually wind up scrapping the project at that point!

yes clint, get out your project and show us your stuff!

ok, the deadline has officially been moved to 1/1/10!!!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2009, 09:30:06 AM »
By skirt do you mean a cover over the top? If so that is something I am still figuring out. I may use something other than the board the shuttle and cargo bin sits on.

See this lego tank for example.. the armor plating that covers the top of the treads.

I think the platform that the shuttle is on is a great base, just make sure that the base is solid. =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com