Author Topic: Helix88's Customs:UPDATE! Desert Ops Scout!  (Read 80615 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Helix88's Customs
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2010, 03:59:51 AM »
I love how the combo of those hips and lower legs work. Looking good, Helix. I like how the visor turned out.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2010, 06:44:48 AM »
helix, I don't want to steal your thunder by posting this but I think it realy drives home exactly what you did here....  I put together my own combo of these parts and grabbed a shot of the two original figures besides the kit-bash

folks you don't understand the effort that helix went to to get this put together... if its anything like what I had to do to get mine to work right it's pretty awesome.  The boba figure doesn't have the ball-jointed torso like luke does, so he had to bash the pegged ball into the upper torso of boba and then make sure there was enough clearance for the luke hips' socket to fit up onto that joint.  THEN he had to trim down the luke hips to fit snuggly into the curved inside portion of the boba chest piece...  not to mention the pegs on the boba knees are larger than the pegs on luke's knees... so that had to be heated and expanded to get a good fit there. 

and to top off ALL of that kit-bashing he created his own helmet visor from scratch!

awesome work helix,  got any suggestions for a color scheme on my version?  I don't want to copy yours strait out!

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »
nice ones
- Jon

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
helix, I don't want to steal your thunder by posting this but I think it realy drives home exactly what you did here....  I put together my own combo of these parts and grabbed a shot of the two original figures besides the kit-bash

folks you don't understand the effort that helix went to to get this put together... if its anything like what I had to do to get mine to work right it's pretty awesome.  The boba figure doesn't have the ball-jointed torso like luke does, so he had to bash the pegged ball into the upper torso of boba and then make sure there was enough clearance for the luke hips' socket to fit up onto that joint.  THEN he had to trim down the luke hips to fit snuggly into the curved inside portion of the boba chest piece...  not to mention the pegs on the boba knees are larger than the pegs on luke's knees... so that had to be heated and expanded to get a good fit there. 

and to top off ALL of that kit-bashing he created his own helmet visor from scratch!

awesome work helix,  got any suggestions for a color scheme on my version?  I don't want to copy yours strait out!

do whatever you feel like bro, i have no problem with people using any part of any of my customs for inspiration.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2010, 06:53:41 AM »
thanks. I havn't decided yet what I'll do with it.  I'm thinking about re-doing my desert mando using this as the base.

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
« Reply #350 on: September 07, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »
thanks. I havn't decided yet what I'll do with it.  I'm thinking about re-doing my desert mando using this as the base.

i think that would be a great idea

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
ok heres my latest, custom. a mandolorian ranger same combo of parts as the last mando i did but with different shins and a unique pack and gun, a soft goods kama and a movable range finder on his helmet.
let me know what you think.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »
another stunning custom helix   ,love the added detail mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
Very nice, i like this one a lot.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2010, 02:22:18 PM »
wow, what a fantastic idea, like it very much!
great color scheme  :D

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #355 on: September 17, 2010, 02:47:32 PM »
Helix, I love this guy, from the subtle mix of parts to the choice of colours. You have done a fantastic job!

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #356 on: September 17, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
truly amazing!!!!![/font]
- Jon

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
He looks great, Helix!  I love the use of parts and paint schemes.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #358 on: September 17, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »
as I said on deviantart, this is one of my favorites of yours so far.  I love the color scheme, and of course I love the parts choice... but your expert detailing in your painting is on par with clint's superb skills and that is what makes or breaks a custom. 
for instance, I can bash together those same exact parts and yet once I paint it it will look like dog-doo standing beside your piece of art.

Will you please get a shot of the range-finder side of the helmet, I'd love to see how you attached a movable visor to the removable helmet.

the cloth kama is just icing on the cake too, superb! 

the only thing I'd do different if I were you would be find a more "hard ass" head sculpt.  that jodo-kast head sculpt just looks too much like a pasty noob young kid to me... lol

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »
cool mando!!