Author Topic: Helix88's Customs:UPDATE! Desert Ops Scout!  (Read 80620 times)

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
Re: Helix88's Customs
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
Awesome Mando.  I do agree with Spudafett about the green though.  But hey everyone has their own tastes! Nice work!

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2010, 07:33:53 PM »
Nicely done. ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:22 PM »
Dude, that has got to be the best Mando I've ever seen. That's saying more than you know. Honestly, I'm too intimidated by your skill level to comment further.
Sorry.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
« Reply #333 on: September 04, 2010, 06:46:36 AM »
Once again really nice work

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #334 on: September 04, 2010, 06:50:41 AM »
I am looking at this again this morning and am thinking I really like the yellow on the "T" faceplate. I think perhaps the flippy vizor might look good the color of the yellowish tan color liks is on the helmet and shoulder pads, making it integrate with the helmet and the rest of the armor a bit better? Still, this is a great custom. I love the look of the Mando bucket with the vizor. I hope the rest of you good folks just copy the heck out of this and make tons more.

Helix, is there anychance you could share your trick of making the vizor and connecting it to the Mando bucket?

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
« Reply #335 on: September 04, 2010, 07:25:58 AM »
I have to admit, that when I read your parts receipe, my eyes popped out of my head...How could you get vintage parts to look so incredibly awesome!!!

Then, I realized that you meant "new-vintage", not "vintage-vintage".

But, that does not take away how amazing that figure looks.  Absolutely amazing.

And, if you are taking a poll, I like the visor color as is.

Good job.

Offline willywonkaMusic13

• Black Hounds
  • Cadet
« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
Outstanding!
We are here to execute, not to order.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #337 on: September 04, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
very nice figure helix.  I've missed seeing your work.  Always impressive.  I realy like this one's color scheme, all for one thing.  the visor color is just throwing it off for me.  The entire figure has an awesome earthy tone to it and the bright neon green visor is just too stark a contrast in my mind.  I'd have gone with a dark silver or dark green instead of the neon color.  You could still do green, just not that bright...

that critique aside, the rest of this figure is an awesome combo of parts.  How do you like that new bespin luke's hips?  I've yet to pick up that figure and now I'm thinking I realy need to. 

The belts and holsters pluss the cloth kama you've got here pull this fig together nicely.   I also like the changes you made to the jetpack, the shortened missile and cut off nozzles change the pack just enough to make it look original but still that classic "fett pack" look. 

I realy like the visor.  I would have probably just used a visor from the clone figure but the scratch made visor you've come up with looks great.  How did you construct it if you don't mind me asking?

i still might repaint the visor it was green then light blue then back to green, so its still up in the air the visor was made from a NVG mount from the ROC pitt commando and some scrap plastic, i had it glued on at first in a way that it would stay up if i pushed it up. but went to your pin trick in the end the worst problem i have with the fig is keeping the fett body in those luke hips

I picked myself up a bespin luke today and after messing with it realized how it was constructed, with the ball socket in the bottom half... now I can't remember, does the new vintage boba have the same ball socket style torso joint?  if so did you have to modify it in any way for the two new parts to fit together?  I'm thinking about trying to make a rebuilt mando in this style with nothing but SW parts for once, since hasbro is finally doing ball-jointed hips I may be out of a customizing style using the joe parts!

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #338 on: September 04, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
THIS IS AWESOME DUDE O0 O0

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #339 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
this is awesome . the couler , the visor , everything

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #340 on: September 04, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »
Dude!!! I love this figure. And I love how you combined two of my favorite new figures as well. I like the different helmet setup for a Mando. I think since a lot of Mandos are bounty hunters they would have different gear and not all look the same.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #341 on: September 04, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »
I forgot to mension I like the rock in the background for a dio. Checkout some of my customs I posted recently, thanks.

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
« Reply #342 on: September 04, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
very nice figure helix.  I've missed seeing your work.  Always impressive.  I realy like this one's color scheme, all for one thing.  the visor color is just throwing it off for me.  The entire figure has an awesome earthy tone to it and the bright neon green visor is just too stark a contrast in my mind.  I'd have gone with a dark silver or dark green instead of the neon color.  You could still do green, just not that bright...

that critique aside, the rest of this figure is an awesome combo of parts.  How do you like that new bespin luke's hips?  I've yet to pick up that figure and now I'm thinking I realy need to. 

The belts and holsters pluss the cloth kama you've got here pull this fig together nicely.   I also like the changes you made to the jetpack, the shortened missile and cut off nozzles change the pack just enough to make it look original but still that classic "fett pack" look. 

I realy like the visor.  I would have probably just used a visor from the clone figure but the scratch made visor you've come up with looks great.  How did you construct it if you don't mind me asking?

i still might repaint the visor it was green then light blue then back to green, so its still up in the air the visor was made from a NVG mount from the ROC pitt commando and some scrap plastic, i had it glued on at first in a way that it would stay up if i pushed it up. but went to your pin trick in the end the worst problem i have with the fig is keeping the fett body in those luke hips

I picked myself up a bespin luke today and after messing with it realized how it was constructed, with the ball socket in the bottom half... now I can't remember, does the new vintage boba have the same ball socket style torso joint?  if so did you have to modify it in any way for the two new parts to fit together?  I'm thinking about trying to make a rebuilt mando in this style with nothing but SW parts for once, since hasbro is finally doing ball-jointed hips I may be out of a customizing style using the joe parts!

the hips are similar but a bit different on the new boba some cutting on the luke hips or boba torso should be enough to get them to play nice

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #343 on: September 04, 2010, 08:28:38 PM »
Dude that is one badas# Mando.   Love that guy.   Sprywalker did one with a speeder a few months ago  - that one and this one would make one awesome team.   Great Work man.   Very nice, very detailed.   

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #344 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:06 PM »
that's a fantastic looking custom Mando figure Helix
the paintwork and the micro binoculars are absolutely amazing
great idea to use the new Vinatge Bespin Luke hips for a better articulation

great job
10/10