Author Topic: What's next for the TCW line?  (Read 4674 times)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: What's next for the TCW line?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »
I think a better question would be - if not this or the Twilight, then what? If they plan on making anything larger than the mid-size vehicles, and they have given no indication they won't, Hasbro has to make come up with SOMETHING. It's not like there are a lot of candidates for Big Ships in the TCW line.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 08:10:29 AM »
I'd like to see them make a Sep shuttle.  It'd be mid-sized and bigger than the starship class so higher priced but I'd pick one up.

Offline JonCC-1004

• Ensign
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
I got every TCW clone in 2009. Finally found both Ryloth and Abregado Battle packs last week.  I am cooling off now until COMMANDER BLY comes out then my favorite Commander Stone!  Plus I will be getting at least 4 new TCW AT-RT's with ARF Troopers! Should be a good 2010 for collections.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
sooo jealous ...those 2 battle packs are high on my list but every one seems to be finding them except me!!!   boohoo!   lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:56:45 PM by 110clones »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »
I like the new armor sculpt. He looks less skinny, especially in the leg region.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:08:29 AM »
You can pick that Stone up on eBay right now if you want him loose. I'm holding out for the carded version.

The 2 new TCW Battle Packs are available out there too if you want 'em early. (Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown)

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 10:05:08 AM »
Those 2 battlepacks are just repacks.I dont think it will be rare.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:35:38 PM by 110clones »

Offline zegarski

• Cadet
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »
Two months left until Toy Fair so we will finally have an idea what Hasbro has planned for 2010.
Check out http://www.youtube.com/zegarski for Star Wars action figure reviews.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 06:17:08 AM »
From the latest round of Q&A, think this was from Yak face:

Q1: At this year's Toy Fair, four Clone Wars figures were shown on the display stands, Mace Windu with hip articulation and mysterious mandarlorian helmet split down the middle, Kit Fisto with added knee articulation and dual lightsabers, Commander Battle Droid and a camoflauge ARF Trooper. These were not mentioned in the presentation and considering they've been shown could we please have some info/ images on these?

A1: They are part of Clone Wars basic figures Wave 3, complete info for which will be released later in the year around Comic Con or CV timing. We expect Waves 1, 2, and 3 to get to retail about one month apart in Fall, so Wave 3 should be out around the beginning of October.  No additional images are available of these figures right now.

I'm so glad someone asked this! Good question and good response. I love getting new waves a month apart, that is how it should be year round, IMO.

I do think they are still nutty with their wave designations though. I assume the Aurra Sing/Pre Viszla wave would be Wave 1, so WTF is supposed to be in Wave 2? Why did they skip over that to show some random selections from Wave 3?

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 07:18:26 AM »
IF anyone saw Friday night's episode, I'm sure you'll agree they HAVE to make a figure for Embo ASAP. (The bounty hunter with the Shaolin Hat)

IMHO, this dude is easily the coolest, most interesting character to come out of that show yet, hand down. (Sorry Cad)

Heck, I'd like all 4 bounty hunters from that episode...ok, maybe not the one that died.

That was a great episode BTW.

Offline the awesome jawa

• Ensign
  • 'UTINNI!' - random awesome jawa
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 08:19:36 AM »
IF anyone saw Friday night's episode, I'm sure you'll agree they HAVE to make a figure for Embo ASAP. (The bounty hunter with the Shaolin Hat)

IMHO, this dude is easily the coolest, most interesting character to come out of that show yet, hand down. (Sorry Cad)

Heck, I'd like all 4 bounty hunters from that episode...ok, maybe not the one that died.

That was a great episode BTW.
i agree we need an embo!!! did you guys know that dave filoni voiced him?
'help us awesome jawas, you're are only hope!'

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 08:38:43 AM »
That was a great episode. I like the female leader bounty hunter that had the maul look to her. Wouldn't it be great if they made the suit of armor and the little guy that was operating it too? I did like the Hat guy too. It didn't hurt my eyes to see young boba either.

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 08:45:44 AM »
the shaolin hat guy (embo) was actually supposed to die in that episode but cast & crew liked him so much that they let him stay alive

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 06:00:47 AM »
Rumors of upcomign TCW figures, courtesy of RS:

Basic Figures
To tide you over until then, here's a brand-new rumor list of potential upcoming figures in the basic figure line-up. Some are characters that have appeared this past season, and others look like they might just be hints into season 3...time will tell.

Ki-Adi-Mundi

Flamethrower Clone Trooper

Clone Trooper Pilot

R2-D2 Astromech Droid

R4-P7

Shaak Ti

Boba Fett

Embo

Zombie Geonosian

Commander Jet

Quinlan Vos

Cato Parasiti

R7-A7

I'm really excited about most of these, except they may be going a little overboard with astromechs methinks. And why couldn't we get a "regular" Geonosian before the zombified version? Or both?

I'm also a little disturbed by their increasing forays into non-TCW EU for figure fodder. Kul Teska I can live with, but now Quinlan Vos? Ugh, they're blurring all the lines now.