Author Topic: JoeRhyno's customs( 2/1/12 Update-Robert Atkin's Cobra Commander)...  (Read 14438 times)

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Here's a guy I threw together for a practice mando.. I wanted to use parts I had laying around to see what I could come up with.. still a WIP...

gotta fix the helmet as it's made from soft plastic and the fixit is hard and it cracked when I put it on at the seam... :( Next time I'll use green stuff for something like that.

I want to add some gauntlets and something to the boots so his arms and legs aren't too plain... any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:34:00 AM by Joerhyno »

Offline clones are awesome

• Commander
  • fear! fear attracts the fearful fear is my aly.
Re: JoeRhyno's crap...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:58:36 AM »
Nice custom. ;)

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:09:14 AM »
He looks BAD AS ALL HELL!! awesome custom!

Ideas for additional stuff...

Data pad on the arm...
Spiked brass knuckle

For the boots
Ammo packs
Boot knife

keep up the great work!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »
Nice work, Joe! The snap on leg armor from the apt. Fett might look cool on the legs.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
very interesting custom figure

one idea, you can try to put a holster on one of the legs like the Biker Scouts have. I think it would look nice on your figure.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:14:32 PM »
very cool.

have you tried using apoxi sculpt?  it is a two part self hardening sculpting clay.  It works realy well for this sort of thing.  I find that if it becomes seperated from what I'm working on it will super glue back on realy well also.   you might try that with your helmet.

everything else looks awesome.  I don't know that I like the vest assymbly with all the pockets though... Im sure once it is all painted the entire thing will pull together into something more uniform and mando like.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
The helmet looks cool.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
Nice custom!  The item that appears to be a rocket launcher sitting next to it is awesome!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »
Mate for pieces that were thrown together from what you had lying around this figure looks excellent.

Ron

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:40:29 PM »
Nice work, Joe! The snap on leg armor from the apt. Fett might look cool on the legs.

hmmm... maybe when I get some extra cash I can get a pair or two from ya... ;)

very cool.

have you tried using apoxi sculpt?  it is a two part self hardening sculpting clay.  It works realy well for this sort of thing.  I find that if it becomes seperated from what I'm working on it will super glue back on realy well also.   you might try that with your helmet.

everything else looks awesome.  I don't know that I like the vest assymbly with all the pockets though... Im sure once it is all painted the entire thing will pull together into something more uniform and mando like.

Is it anything like Fixit Sculpt? That's what I used, I also have greenstuff, which I used below, I still love that stuff, and I should have used it instead, has more of a give to it... but this was just a "practice" Mando, lol.. so I'm not too worried about the helmet.

Nice custom!  The item that appears to be a rocket launcher sitting next to it is awesome!

That's his backpack, it's I think the space clonetrooper's baackpack with a Snow Serpent missle thing added to the middle. I have to extent the post I made, cause I originally fit it before adding the extra harness, so now it likes to jump off into that deep dark corner of the custom room... so I stopped putting it back on cause my knees were hurting from crawling under the table 50 times to get it out.

Thanks for some of the suggestions everyone... I'll be steal... I mean borrowing some of them, I took a break from the MAnDoNESS and finished up a custom for a contest...

I've always wanted a Tiger Force Snake Eyes, my fav character as a kid and my fav sub group, but I never got it... After seeing the Slaughterhouse version, I had to make a realistic one, but still a hint of Slaughterhouse in it.

So I hacked up one of those toy Tigers... then hollowed out it's skull, and then sculpted on some fur on the back to match with a cheap-o Chap-Mei fur cape. I then dyed the upper body a dark orange to keep the paint from rubbing on the joints, and dremeled out the body to fit on a 25th Joe lower torso and legs. Drybrushed the heck out of it... and there ya go.

I had a lil' diorama for him to stand on, but I had to put it aside to finish this. It had some grass and long weeds, hence his camo pattern on his pants, I guess it'll look better with him in the mini-dio and not my son's desk... but for now, it'll do.

I know it's not Star Wars... but it is an Anakin torso and upper arms w/ Vos lower arms...  ;D

I wasn't able to finish the black tiger stripes... shhhh... maybe they wont notice it for the contest, lol.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:46:53 PM by Joerhyno »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »
wow, that's right outa left field.... but left field is where awesome dwells....

that is crazy awesome.  I love the fur cape and tiger head.  Does it come off to reveal a human head underneath?  it is very reminescent of the native american tradition of wearing pelt's with the head as a hat.... it's awesome! 
I'd like to know more about what the source material for the idea is though, maybe a refference pic or something?

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 04:03:24 AM »
If you're looking for some additional gimmicks for the forearm gauntlets try the fin blades of the Cobra Para-Viper. The should look very menacing on your figure.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 05:32:50 AM »
sweet i like the tiger guy have u got a name for the mando

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 06:50:57 AM »
That is an interesting Tiger Force Snake Eyes, I didn't even know that version existed. I had to put these on the fp, don't know why I didn't with that first mando. Sorry guy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 06:52:30 AM by Tamer »

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 06:54:53 AM »
sweet i like the tiger guy have u got a name for the mando

No name yet... I'll start back up on him today, added a ankly gun holster like the biker scout last night, but I have to make sure it looks good, if it looks too bulky, it's getting hacked off...

wow, that's right outa left field.... but left field is where awesome dwells....

that is crazy awesome.  I love the fur cape and tiger head.  Does it come off to reveal a human head underneath?  it is very reminescent of the native american tradition of wearing pelt's with the head as a hat.... it's awesome!  
I'd like to know more about what the source material for the idea is though, maybe a refference pic or something?

Thanks, there's no real source material, other than the GI Joe sub team Tiger Force:

They never made a Snake Eyes, ever since I was a kid... I was sad, cause he never matched my other Tiger Force guys(for those that don't know Joes, it was a way Hasbro could repaint main characters and bring them out again in later waves under a sub-team, Tiger Force, Night Force, Python Patrol, etc)... The contest was for a really, silly one that spawned over on Hisstank.com. The guy bought some weird customs off ebay, and they became a cult hit. There were a couple contests and I felt it was finally time to make him.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs/56267-new-slaughterhouse-gyre-weasel-1000-customizng-challenge-contest.html

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs/51163-excellent-slaughterhouse-custom-excellent-look-like-contest.html

Careful, looking at those threads might question yourself as a customizer, or heck, even a human being, lol...

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs/46353-slaughterhouse-cobra-black-regime-customs-tiger-force-follow-up-commission-whoaoa.html

Anyway, Snake Eyes is a Ninja.. so I wanted it to make him try to disappear like a Ninja would, but still some type of Tiger camo, then I saw a cheap clearance white Tiger toy... and I had to do it.  I did get the idea from Native Americans... and like I said, I had a small diorama base with a tree and some long/wild grass started, so I'm hoping to finish that to display him, should look 10x better with that done.

If you're looking for some additional gimmicks for the forearm gauntlets try the fin blades of the Cobra Para-Viper. The should look very menacing on your figure.

I actually had some claws from an older eel GI Joe character:

Again, I had to scratch it for now to get it done for the contest, but I'll finish them up this week.