Author Topic: It's getting boring out there.  (Read 1595 times)

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
It's getting boring out there.
« on: June 02, 2021, 03:58:40 AM »
Can't find crap No stocking, Walmarts and Target don't care anymore about toys ever sense covid. Stocking is not in priorities for toys. pegs are empty. I hate using the internet to buy things I MISS THOSE GREAT DAYS. Don't have a TRS and I miss them also. I think I'm done. And so are the kids we are going 3D printing and molding it's cheaper and better. Thank you Hasbro, Disney and Lucus for killing a great line of stuff. GI Joe's and Star Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: It's getting boring out there.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 07:48:13 AM »
I hear you man. Since 2015 I basically stopped buying at retail. The Black Series in both scales have been great since 2013, but when The Force Awakens came out introducing the 5 POA figures, that are at least as appalling as the movie itself, I basically didn't care anymore. I mean I was busy being disappointed of the first Sequel episode. I think what we're experiencing since then has its roots in this exact backlash.

It appears the toy industry underwent some general changes also because the working conditions in Asia  have become more expensive.

Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich shared his latest video on this topic and offers a solution on his YouTube channel Spector Creative:

Why, When and How Toy Aisles Reset (and how you can take advantage of it!)

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 09:18:55 AM »
I agree with everything that has been reported and stated here.
I quit spending my time, wasting my gas and looking forward to the new
re-stocks years ago. Wondering if we would have enough credits
to purchase ALL of the new figures, ships and accessories and helping our fellow
collectors complete their collection.
I don't even make toy runs anymore. Haven't for many, many years.
The rabid rodent has ruined not only the movie franchise but the fun we all used
to have going on a toy hunt.
What I miss the most though is the excitement surrounding Star Wars.
The anticipation of the next movie. We suffered through gut wrenching anticipation waiting
for the next opening night. Waited in line FOR HOURS to make sure we procured a ticket for the premier and investigated every possible resource for a tidbit of info that would give us a clue.
And finally, when we got in line 3,4,5 hours early or more on opening night, the crowd was a Star Wars Party!!!
Thanks for nothing disney, iger and kathy.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 01:27:49 PM »
   For me, I gave up caring about a year ago. With 3.75 they aren't making very many new characters. Absolutely nothing from rebels in tvc, a few from Rogue One and Solo, virtually nothing from TLJ or TROS. were getting a steady flow of Mandalorian figures finally, but a year ago it was really bad, there were a ton of repacks. Give us some droids or weirdo aliens at least. This year is better, but there are a lot of gaps. I'm not holding my breath for bad batch figures. Pretty soon obi wan and Andor will be out, and I'm not very confident we'll see any tvc figures from those. Repacks maybe. They're hopelessly behind. Pretty soon they'll be making movies to boot, there's no way they'll catch up. I guess they're making an effort to finish the kenner 96, of the remaining figures, squidhead, hammerhead and sim aloo are probably the most interresting. At this point I'll be happy to get those.
   That's why I came up with my Galgrebaa project. I can come up with my own characters, and fit in characters from throughout the saga. Then there would be some  continuity in the randomness. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 06:58:28 PM by JDeck »