Author Topic: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #20-11 have arrived  (Read 6473 times)

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #20-11 have arrived
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »

IT'S TIME AT LAST!

Zed's Favorite figures has begun, all week I will count down my favorite figures from the last year at ten per day all the way to #1.

This year I am a bit late due to some last minute arrivals to the list, but here we go.

First off the introduction (explaining what all this is about):

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2011/2011.html

But if you want to jump ahead to the actual countdown here you go with #50-#41

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2011/20111.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:25:09 AM by zedhatch »

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 %50-#41 Posted.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:52:14 AM »
Sweet, on the front page. I look forward to this every year!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »
Thanks Tamer, sorry it was late LOL. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »
Well, I haven't had many of of these figures in hand, but I do have to hand it to you, your display art to go along with them is absolutely amazing! 

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »
Well, I haven't had many of of these figures in hand, but I do have to hand it to you, your display art to go along with them is absolutely amazing! 

Thanks, that's my favorite part of doing this, even though I admit it's very labor intensive.  But I get to get very creative for no other reason than to be creative, very gratifing. 

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Zed's Favorite !:18th Figures 2011 #'s 40-31 are up
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »

Gladiator kicks off today's ten at #40, who else has made the list of my favorite figures?  Click below to find out #'s 40-31

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2011/20112.html

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »
Another good set.  Cable has been one of my favorite characters, and I really like this rendition.  I VERY much want a hulked-out Liefeld version in his X-Force #1 costume, but this one is definitely a favorite of mine.

Crazylegs was one of my favorite original Joe figures from the 80s, and I saw him once at retail and passed on him at the time, foolishly.  Something about his costume is just too cool in my book.

Bastila Shan has been the one figure from 2011 that I wanted, and have never seen.  There are enough scalpers in my area that makes that fact unsurprising and frustrating at the same time.  She was my favorite character from KOTOR by far, and the custom I made of her back then was so close, yet so far away from what she is supposed to look like.  The only thing I had a problem with, based on all of the pictures of her online, is that Hasbro really didn't capture her face, hair, or skin tone properly. 

Excellent job again, looking very much forward to the next 10!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
Boy Zed, I am loving the graphics and text you are creating for these.

I loved your small rant about the distribution on Shan and how you mix review with current perspective.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »
Another good set.  Cable has been one of my favorite characters, and I really like this rendition.  I VERY much want a hulked-out Liefeld version in his X-Force #1 costume, but this one is definitely a favorite of mine.

I like Cable a lot, but I don't LOOOVE him like some do.  Still I have been wanting a decent one for a while, not sure if I would buy another (but I remember the old toybiz line).

Crazylegs was one of my favorite original Joe figures from the 80s, and I saw him once at retail and passed on him at the time, foolishly.  Something about his costume is just too cool in my book.

He's also one that seems to have gotten under some peoples radar for some reason, I really thought he was one of the best of the POC filler waves almost. 

Bastila Shan has been the one figure from 2011 that I wanted, and have never seen.  There are enough scalpers in my area that makes that fact unsurprising and frustrating at the same time.  She was my favorite character from KOTOR by far, and the custom I made of her back then was so close, yet so far away from what she is supposed to look like.  The only thing I had a problem with, based on all of the pictures of her online, is that Hasbro really didn't capture her face, hair, or skin tone properly. 

Excellent job again, looking very much forward to the next 10!

If her likeness was better she would have made the top ten I think, I was a bit disappointed in that when I got her home after finding her on DEC 31st, no kidding.   However, attempting to find her on evilbay did lead me to aquireing my #1 fig, which I find Ironic too.  I will have to hold the rest until that figure is revealed though, I thought it was funny when things kind of happened with that figure. 

Boy Zed, I am loving the graphics and text you are creating for these.

I loved your small rant about the distribution on Shan and how you mix review with current perspective.

I'll give you miy totals in a sec but I admit my Star Wars representation is weak due to the distro problems and I was very upset with distrobution this year.  I know there were a few SW figs I think would have made my favs but now will  not (Bespin Han and the new Ashoka off the top of my head are just two examples). 

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »
Something to whet you whistle with favorite figures this year, Totals: 16 GI Joes, 23, Marvel (Incuding The marvel movies, but to be fair there are very few of the Movie figures), 5 Star Wars (not at all by choice, that was distrobution), 6 other (Thundercats, Unimax, ect).

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »

Where does Savage Opress place on  Zed's Favorite Figures, Check out today's update to find out. 

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/fav2011/20113.html

#30-#21 posted.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 08:32:12 AM »
Back on the front page. I have read a bit of it today (love the Skaar review as I have some daddy issues of my own) but plan on getting into it more when I have more time. Good stuff Zed.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
Thanks T, you are the greatest man. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
Zed, I like your breakdown again.  That Jim Lee Cyclops has always been my favorite iteration, until his latest in Astonishing.  I love the sculpt of that one for sure.

Lifeline is another one that I was wanting to find, since I am a Paramedic and all.  I liked him back in the 80s, and I like him now.  Never saw him at retail, but to be honest, I really didn't look that hard at the Joes.

Darkhawk give me hope.  A slim hope, but in my opinion, just as slim as Darkhawk was.  I'm talking about Sleepwalker!  I enjoyed that series back in the 90s, and with obscure characters like Darkhawk making the cut, there's a slim chance for the alien looking dream walker too!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
Zed, I like your breakdown again.  That Jim Lee Cyclops has always been my favorite iteration, until his latest in Astonishing.  I love the sculpt of that one for sure.

I love the Astonishing version of Cyclops, he had some weak points but I thought they worked into strengths, especially with the state of Figures at the time.

But I will freely admit, the new one blows it out of the water.

Lifeline is another one that I was wanting to find, since I am a Paramedic and all.  I liked him back in the 80s, and I like him now.  Never saw him at retail, but to be honest, I really didn't look that hard at the Joes.

That is such a shame too, I really feel that whole wave was one of the best since the modern Joes began.  Distro on them is almost worst than Star Wars.  Get on the ball Hasbro, GEEZ!

Darkhawk give me hope.  A slim hope, but in my opinion, just as slim as Darkhawk was.  I'm talking about Sleepwalker!  I enjoyed that series back in the 90s, and with obscure characters like Darkhawk making the cut, there's a slim chance for the alien looking dream walker too!

RIGHT behind Deathlok on my wish list at this point, I loved that series as well.  I am going to try to go back and get the whole run once I inventory my comics.