Author Topic: Walmart Exclusive X-Wing Rogue Leader Comic Pack  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Walmart Exclusive X-Wing Rogue Leader Comic Pack
« on: March 21, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »
Picked this one up at Wallyworld for a Whopping $14.67?

One of the two Walmart Exclusive comic packs that I know of for 2010, this one, I have been looking forward to.
 The price hike was a shock that I knew was coming but remember when you could pick up two new figs in a comic pack for less than the price of two single packed figs?

I have not read the comic yet but did flip through and noticed that the artwork looked pretty good.

The storm Commando fig appears to be the same figure that was packaged with the Hoth Speederbike Patrol BP, Last year but with black deco. This figure wears the alternate arms of that figure with the atat driver looking shoulderpads. The mirrored effect on the visor is appealing and he comes with two Biker Scout pistols but only the one ankle holster. The trademark stamp on his butt reads 2005. He is quite super arty and I would have preferred either the new helmet sculpt from the evo pack or the flip-visor head from the collector tin.

General Weir Appears to be the same figure as was packaged in the Assault on the Shield Generator BP but with a different head. The lower torso has the same date stamp on it. His helmet does appear slightly larger than the disquised rebel from that pack but I could be mistaken. He is just as super arty as the other figure and also comes with two biker scout pistols and wears a double-slung bandolier that is removable.

You can't beat a storm commando or a biker scout with a removable helmet so, of course, I had to pick this one up for my stock trooper collection. I would have gone for a less glossy look to the black deco but beggars can't be choosers.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Walmart Exclusive X-Wing Rogue Leader Comic Pack
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
pics

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:41 PM »
yeah... i like this pack.  I love me some good biker scouts.  I've still got to get my gen. wier custom his bike finished...

these are realy good figs already but I love the biker scout sculpting for customs.  It realy lends itself well to my style of customizing....

I might have to pick me up a few more of these packs if they go on clearance, but 15 bucks is pretty pricey...

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »
I know what you mean Spud, however I am hoping they go on sale or something so I can pick this set up, I would really like a general weir.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 04:56:03 PM »
I do believe there are two reviews of this one going here.
I got it and really liked it.
It was pricey, but after not finding anything new for so long, I happily paid the higher price.
Nice pics and great review.

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:39:37 AM »
Nice comic pack.  I saw this pack at my Wal Mart a few weeks ago and again today for that high price.    bbfet

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
i like this comic pack, nice!

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 11:23:50 PM »
When i was in Ohio, I found this comic pack and had to pick up two. one to keep mint( but i opened it, It's still mint) and one to use for customs. I think it's sad that i had to go out of state to find new toys.

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
I'll most likely pick up (at least) one of these come payday.  However, I think there's some differences between the Storm Commando in the comic pack and the Storm Commando in the Evo pack.  Clint, if you have both, could you do a side-by-side comparison pic-set for me?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
I'll most likely pick up (at least) one of these come payday.  However, I think there's some differences between the Storm Commando in the comic pack and the Storm Commando in the Evo pack.  Clint, if you have both, could you do a side-by-side comparison pic-set for me?

theres alot of differences...

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 11:06:16 AM »
these packs will be released in Belgium 1 of the upcoming weeks aswell :D can't wait to pick one up, but here it's not a store exclusive

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 11:19:07 AM »
Doc, here are those shots comparing this storm commando "left"  from the comic pack with that storm commando from the walmart evo pack."right"

As you can see, the evo storm commando features different lower legs, a different belt piece with two holsters, the alternate exclusive head sculpt, and a black and dark gun metal color scheme. I like the evo version better.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »
I dig this pack, its been lingering around Wally world for a while now, I think people are really put out by hasbro lately, I know of several who were going to pass just based on what they have done with comic pack. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.