Author Topic: Moronarama Custom Figures  (Read 56794 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Moronarama Custom Figures
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2022, 05:44:05 AM »
Birlliant new batch of customs! Lina Saul – Human Padawan reminds me of a character in Star Wars VISIONS. And my favorite idea is the Spicy Womp Rat Café! I was just gonna ask for a group picture of all your fun figures, but then I remembered that you sell them all afterwards.
Thanks for sharing this set with us, definitely made my day brighter!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2022, 06:19:10 AM »
Wow, this is another great batch. Love that Quarren Smuggler. I like a lot of em.

Off to share.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2022, 10:09:33 AM »
Nice! I really like that Steeljacket!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2022, 04:40:14 PM »
Great collection! Nice to see some new customs from you. Steeljacket turned out well. I was tickled by your Jawa food stall. I also think you did a nice job assembling the Trianii Jedi. Good work.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2023, 06:05:41 PM »
Its been a minute, but I made a new batch of customs.  Enjoy.

Tamer added eBay link:
https://www.ebay.com/str/weakcut/Custom-Action-Figures/_i.html?_storecat=49737563013

Amos Sungazer - Racing Pilot

Amos Sungazer arrived on the Planet Crispin and began unloading his gear.  In the morning he would be in the flats outside of town preparing to run the Pan Galactic Parsec Race.  Amos was excited, this was his first major race since the accident 4 years ago.  A collision had left him blind and scarred.  Amos was able to pay for surgery to get cybernetic eyes, but it cost him all he had saved.  He has spent the last three years clawing his way back up in the minor circuits.  Tomorrow, he though with a grin, he would be back in the game for real.

Boss Quig - Cyclopian Gangster

Boss Quig eased back in his chair and waited for his guest.  A corpulent Twi’lek In a tailored suit waddled in and sat across the table from him. 
“I like what you’ve done with the place,” the chubby alien quipped. 
“To what do I owe the pleasure, Boss Takonda?” asked Boss Quig.
“I think we both know why I’m here, Quig.  You though I would find out about your deal with the Hutts?  You think you’re pretty clever trying to squeeze me out of my territory,” spoke Takonda.
“I’m sorry, Boss Takonda.  I didn’t expect you to find out about this for a couple more days.  I’d hoped to be able to convince you to just walk away, but I guess it’s too late for that now,” said Quig.
With the Boss Quig stamped down on the pedal by his foot.  Searing beams erupted from below Boss Takonda’s chair and his body disintegrated into lost screams and vapor.  Blaster fire from the hall let him know Takonda’s guards were also taken care of.  A new days was dawning for crime in the Outer Rim!

C1-CL0 “Cyclops” - Astromech Droid

C1-CL0, or Cyclops as he was called on Kufi Station, ran his sensors over the scene again to make sure he understood what he was seeing.  As an older Astromech, he often had to reanalyze data until his CPU could catch up.  Cyclops was sure … that was a dewback jammed in the exhaust port for the stations starboard stabilizer engine.  The poor thing was dead from the vacuum of space.  This didn’t help solve the puzzle though.  If it had been stuck in the intake vent, maybe Cyclops could concoct a scenario where is was accidentally blown out an airlock, but in the exhaust vent this had to be some kind of strange sabotage.  Cyclops churned away for a minute creating a list of possible suspects.  Once he was done he would report back to the constable station and report his findings to the chief.  There was never a dull day on Kufi Station.

Captain Xeros - Rodian Mercenary

Captain Xeros was the leader of one of the toughest mercenary crews in the Outer Rim, the Agato’s Edge.  The crew comprised mostly of disillusioned soldiers for various planetary armies, folks tired of living on scraps while generals and politicians lived in luxury.  Xeros was careful not to recruit anyone too crazy or too bloodthirsty, but sometime beggars cannot be choosers. Xeros’s careful planning and follow through has given the Edge a reputation as a group that can get any job done. 

Corporal Laa-Kaan - Gran Mercenary

Corporal Laa-Kaan has crewed with the Agato’s Edge Merc Crew longer that anyone aside from their captain, Xeros.  Laa-Kaan spend 15 years on the Gran Security Force before he was discharged for insubordination.  Specifically tried to shove his commanding officer out and airlock after said officer’s incompetence lead to the deaths of six soldiers in their unit. Laa-Kaan drifted around for a while, until Xeros picked him up for the Agato’s Edge.  Laa-Kaan is a tough fighter who’s not afraid to get dirty, specializing in long arms and light explosives.

DJ-3P0 – Droid Musician

DJ-3P0 drops the beats, he drops the beats, he drops the beats.
Scratch that disc while you move your feet, move your feet, move your feet.
DJ-3P0 in the house ‘cause he rocks the fleets, rocks the fleets, rocks the fleets.
C’mon now people gotta get outta yah seats, outta ya seats, outta ya seats!

Elkerios - Ilthorian Smuggler

Elkerios specialized in smuggling droids and droid parts.  Particularly the older Separatist models that had been banned after the war.  It was tricky work, as you might find yourself under siege by your own cargo if you didn’t get everything locked down just right.  But that’s why Elkerios had Bessie, a Clone Wars Era EMP Launcher, perfect for “resetting” any pesky droid who got a mind to make a run at him.  It gave regular being a pretty good zap, so with Bessie in hand, Elkerios could handle most any problem that came along.

Felix Jontaco - Togorian Bounty Hunter

When most people thought of Togorians they thought of bulging muscly creatures ready to pounce.  So most bounties were surprised when they say Felix Jontaco strolling their way.  Some might even laugh, but it would likely be their last.  What Felix lacked in physical strength, he more than made up for in smarts and experience.  He knew every skip-traces’ moves before they knew it themselves.  It bordered on psychic, but when you had been hunting as long as Felix Jontaco you just knew how it was going to go down.  And they always ended up caught when Felix was around, always.

IX-47 - Assassin Droid

The IX series assassin droids were said to be a vast improvement of the IG and IR droids, but not everyone agreed.  Professor Xerop Filg said he found the droids to be twitchy and prone to causing unnecessary collateral damage.  Notable researcher C-4R0 said their more humanoid faces were creepy and may undermine the overall menacing affect that was gained from the cylinder heads of the previous models.  Admiral Forakk however said they were great fun and killed loads of people which was exactly the point and he would like to order and whole battalion.

K’seko - Jawa Tribal Warrior

In the Dead Wastes nothing works.  Static storms are nearly constant and nothing electrical will functions right.  But there is still life there, and so there are Jawas.  The Grey Hand Clan calls the wastes home and scavenges like all their kind.  But they have had to learn to adapt without modern technology.  Here the Tribal Warrior is the most honored of figures.  Here K’seko is respected, master of the scap-bow, protector of the Tribe.  K’seko, Slayer of the Gundarks.  K’seko, Tracker of the Krayt Dragon.  K’seko, Tribal Warrior of the Grey Hand Clan!

Miin-Ta - Trioc Jedi

The padawan thought Master Miin-Ta might be grinning, but the more he thought about it the more he was sure the Master was grimacing.  The padawan had hoped the old master would find some humor in the prank he had pulled, but when the weight hit Miin-Ta’s foot he was pretty sure the master’s sense of humor evaporated.  Miin-Ta stared silently at the padawan and the boy became very nervous.  Those blank Trioc eyes gave nothing away of the master’s mood, and the padawan was sure the punishment would be severe.  Miin-Ta flexed his cybernetic hand and a sound that might have been a chuckle came from his throat.  “Boy, you are lucky.  I lost that foot in battle along with this hand.  But let this be the end of your pranks, lest you end up half droid like me.”

R2-GNR “Gunner” - Heavy Combat Astromech Droid

One of the rare Heavy Combat Astromech Droids, R2-GNR or Gunner as it was called was without a doubt the most dangerous thing on the planetoid.  Double plated armor and double fisted gyro-jets blasters, Gunner was a walking wrecking machine.  He tore through the pirate base like a vibro-scalpel.  This was the last time these pirates would ever kill again, the last time they would vent their captive crews into space.  Oz Ryen watched his feed of Gunner from orbit, and the droid became the arm of his vengeance … of his justice.  This was their bloody and inevitable end.

Tread-L0 - Service Droid

Tread-L0 moved through the towers of scrap looking for a replacement tread.  The scrapyard foreman was done for the day and so Tread-L0 spent his evenings hunting for parts to keep himself functioning.  There in a pile he found the bottom end of another Treadwell droid.  A bit of cutting with his torch and the tread was free.  Tread-L0 would return to his charging station and switch out is worn out tread for this newer one.  After a night of charging he would start again, the simple life of a scrap droid.

Jeriba Shigan – Drac X-Wing Pilot

The Blood Squadron was formed from the remnants of the Green and Silver squadrons and reconstituted with several new pilots recruited from the outer rim. The Blood Squadron was tasked with striking Imperial Garrisons along the Outer Rim in order to liberate and recruit as many new planets as possible. They are led by a disgraced imperial captain who goes by the code name Hannibal. Many of the members of the squadron represent the last known survivors of their individual species.
The Drac had been engaged in a long and hard war against their human counterparts in their home system.  When the Empire rose to power, they intervened in the war and decimated the Dracs.  The system came into Imperial control and the remaining Drac were enslaved.  Jeriba Shingan was one of the Drac most cunning pilots, but he was downed in a dogfight with a human, Willis Davidge, who also crashed.  The pair were stranded on the planet Fyrine IV, and it was during this time the Empire seized control of the system.  Initially bitter enemies, Willis and Jeriba discovered they needed each other to survive on the hostile planet.  They eventually came to be friends, and when they were finally rescued both joined the Blood Squadron to fight against the Empire.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 02:58:57 AM by Tamer »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2023, 10:14:02 PM »
Well, it's nice to see you are still at work. There are some interesting customs in there, I think the Drac pilot is my favorite.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #336 on: May 08, 2023, 03:06:00 AM »
I think the Ithorian is my favorite, but that Drak is close. I love that movie. Need to watch it again.

Off to share on the front pages. I hope you don't mind, but I added the eBay link. You can add some of these to your collection!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #337 on: May 08, 2023, 12:56:09 PM »
Thank you Starchaser and Tamer.  I like how the card came out on the Drac better that the figure.  I may try again to see if I can sculpt the brow ridges better.  I like how the Ilthorian came out, but I'm willing to throw a Hammer-head on almost any high-collar torso :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2023, 06:55:39 PM »
Another awesome batch. Can't really decide which i like the best. The astromech gunner is pretty rad!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2023, 01:12:45 AM »
I think your droids always end up being my favorite of your customs. They always have such interesting designs.  [at1]
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2023, 03:04:44 AM »
The Astro-Juggernauts are cool too. Reminds me of the Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2023, 06:56:43 AM »
Another awesome batch. Can't really decide which i like the best. The astromech gunner is pretty rad!

I think your droids always end up being my favorite of your customs. They always have such interesting designs.  [at1]

The Astro-Juggernauts are cool too. Reminds me of the Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor.
Thanks guys.  I am digging making droids a lot lately, really trying to play around with weird parts.  The Heavy Astromechs are a favorite.  I'm working on one that’s more of that Hulkbuster size, maybe not as thick looking.  I'll see if I can't get it finished soon.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 02:58:57 AM by Moronarama »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2023, 08:23:23 PM »
So I made some more custom figures ... enjoy ...

Tamer added eBay link:
https://www.ebay.com/str/weakcut/Custom-Action-Figures/_i.html?_storecat=49737563013

Adorra Xen - Chiss Smuggler

“Walk softly and carry a big blaster” is a motto Adorra Xen had tried to live by. There was always someone trying to pull one over on you, so better to be prepared. A couple of well placed thermal detonators also never hurt in a tight spot. She might be a female, but she intended on holding her own in the boys club of the illegal spice trade. And hold her own she did.

A’Tuk - Tusken Warrior

Deep in the Xulropic Badlands, the U’vatal Tribe of Tuskens rule the deep desert. The greatest of their tribe is A’Tuk, Wielder of the Dragon Hammer. Stories tell of how A’Tuk single handedly defeated 100 Gravel Maggots when trapped in the Caverns of Despair at only 13 summers. He emerged, dripping in ichor and carrying the great hammer.

Boteeko - Chadra Fan Bounty Hunter

Boteeko sniffed the air.  He could smell the Whiphid’s musky odor in the cool air.  The brute was nearly four times his size, but Boteeko wasn’t worried, he’d taken down larger. The Chadra Fan climbed to the top of the wall and peaked over.  There he was, hunkered over a burner making a pot of food.  Boteeko eased into position and unsheathed his rifle.  He took careful aim and fired.  Straight through the left eye.  The beast grunted and collapsed dead.  Boteeko touched the control on his wrist summoning his lifter droid.  He might be able to kill a being this large, but he sure couldn’t carry it back to the ship on his own.

Chk-Chk - Xenomorph Jedi
A Star Wars/Aliens Mashup

In his dreams the Queen, his mother, still called to him.  Chk-Chk had been found alone on LV-426 far from the colony where his brood had been destroyed.  Master Kolunta had instantly sensed his power, and brought him to the temple for training.  It was hard for Chk-Chk, he still felt the hive mind of his people severed like a phantom limb, but with time and patience he learned to control both the force and his more primal urges.  But still the collective unconsciousness called to him in the night, the dreams of his Queen and her command.  Would he always be strong enough to resist?

DST-464 - Service Droid

DST-464 chugged along in the verdant undergrowth scanning the plant life and cataloging them for the project.  As part of the new Rodian Science Initiative (RSI) it was important to collect good clean information that could be used for future colonization expeditions.  DST-464 felt this planet, with its rich and diverse flora and fauna would be perfect for the Rodian people.  While they had often thrived on dryer worlds, DST-464 was sure tropical world would work very well. And that’s when he was crushed under the foot of a wandering Rancor.

EG-2-2 “Egghead” - Service Droid

EG-2-2, or Egghead as the station staff called him, was the functional quartermaster for the X-56787 Orbital Platform at Govacto Prime.  I say functional, because the assigned quartermaster was a overweight Dug named Ramrod who spent all of his time stealing food from the galley or drinking from his homemade supply of wine.  This was fine with Egghead, because Ramrod only screwed the counts up and this upset the droid … greatly.  The rest of the crew was less thrilled, because they had gotten quite used to taking what they wanted and EG-2-2 was beyond meticulous in his counts.  He has gone so far as to hot-shot the storage room doors, giving any would-be thieves quite a shock.  Several of the more … amoral crewman had recently been plotting to shove Egghead out an airlock.  Life never got boring on the X-56787 Orbital Platform.

FT-B01 “Fat Boi” - Astromech Droid

FT-B01 cruised down the corridor of the automated freighter looking for the access panel.  His comm crackled “Are you there yet, Fat Boi?  We’re in position up here.”  FT-B01 grimaced internally … he hated that nickname.  He knew how the fleshbags used that term and he knew they were mocking him.  He sent back a series bass tones to the captain indicating her was still looking for the dataport.  “Hurry it up, Fatty.  You’re holding up the show.”  FT-B01 cruised around a corner and spotted his connection.  He plugged in and began scanning the system.  He could tell his loathsome little crew was waiting in the aft airlock and the though occurred to him.  He could steal this ship all on his own and never need these meat puppets again.  Two little clicks and the airlock blew sending those bastards off into space.  FT-B01 was free at last.

Imperial Doughboy 2.0 - Trench Warfare Trooper

Defending King and Country from the Rebel invaders. HUZZAH!!!!

Jooba - Aqualish Pilot

Jooba jammed the throttle forward and set the A-Wing into s corkscrew, but he could not shake the tie-fighter.  He juked left and green bolts of energy whizzed by the right of his canopy.  Jooba let out an old Aqualish curse and the juked right.  The tie maintained its pursuit.  Jooba pulled up hard and cut his engines, trying to catch the imperial fighter in a cobra maneuver, but tie anticipated and cut speed as well.  Jooba had to admit this Imp was good, probably better than he was.  In a desperate move, Jooba pulled back on the stick and went all in on thrust straight up.  The tie followed and lined up to fire.  In a simultaneous move Jooba cut engines and put full energy into his aft shields.  The A-Wing dropped like a bullet straight back and through the tie fighter’s cockpit.  The imp never saw it coming.  Jooba’s fighter was in rough shape, but he could limp back to the carrier and call it a win … for today.

Noovash - Illthorian Smuggler

Noovash hauled the grav-lift up the gang plank in into the freighter’s hold.  That was the last of it, twenty cases of premium spice.  It took more time this was, he could have hired a load team and droids, but the buyer was paying premium for discretion on this job.  Maybe that was because the containers were clearly stamped as property of the Hutt Syndicate and the buyer was definitely not a Hutt.  It was risky, but Noovash figured this one might pay enough that he could retire to the Outer Rim … maybe get a farm on a startup colony and relax.  It all seemed like a good idea until the proximity alarms started.  Hutt Warcraft descended from the sky as Noovash climbed to the helm.  “Well,” he thought, “Here goes nothing.  Time to earn that fee.”  The freighter lifted off and the chase began.

Palko-R7 - Mercenary Droid

When the war ended on Corbus VI, they had no more need to the Palkos. Most got reprogrammed and sent back to the mines or the quarries. Palko-44 was salvaged from the battle field and reprogrammed by members of a local crime syndicate. Palko-44 was a good leg-breaker for the family, but he separated from them as the Hutts moved in. Seeking freelance bounties and mercenary jobs keeps expanding his horizons as a free droid.

Poh Kokulo - Gand Thora Gangster

The Gand Thora come is all shapes and sizes, from great hulking creatures with hard shine chitin to slight humanoids covered in bristly hairs.  And even for the latter, Poh Kokulo was especially small.  And maybe it was this chip on his shoulder that drove him to excel in his field of choice: Crime.  He was a master sneak thief as a child, but he wanted more.  He learned every trick he could, strategized twenty moves ahead.  When they sent thugs against him, he became a master blaster marksman.  When the Jedi came for him he got a Ysalamir.  When the Hutts came he cut a deal.  Work smarter and harder.  It was the only way for a little guy to survive in this big nasty galaxy.

Ravit - Frog-Person Pilot

Ravit was always mindful of what he was fighting for when he got behind the controls of his fighter. He fought for his wife and he fought for his brood pod. Thirty beautiful tadpoles and froglets swimming in the pools on the colony escape ship. The Empire had destroyed their home and the family was forced to flee. Ravit would so much prefer to be there with them, searching for a new world to live on. But he was a good pilot and the Rebellion needed him. So he closed his canopy and checked his controls again before beginning to take off. Ravit knew his duty and would not let his family down.

Wei-Zhi - Chapmeian Jedi

Wei-Zhi was not thrilled about this assignment.  Yes, he knew he was duty bound to follow the orders of the Jedi Council, but this assignment was crap.  Escort the Toydarian High Prince to the wedding of the new Pantoran Chairman and prevent him from making diplomatic incident.  Babysitting a winged man-baby was no what Wei-Zhi considered worthy of a Jedi.  So far he had spent most of his time slapping drinks out of the prince’s hands and preventing him from grouping two princesses and the chairman’s daughter.  Spirits help him, Wei-Zhi was beginning to suspect this was all one of Master Yoda’s funny little tests.  Wei-Zhi could not wait to see what lesson he was supposed to learn, because right now all he was learning was how to run off hookers and death-stick dealers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 02:57:51 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2023, 08:35:30 PM »
Boteeko is my favorite, you made the Hacks head seem even more detailed. I also like the WWI trooper. Reminds me of the mimban stormtrooper, but with an allied helmet. But the frogman pilot is pretty tight though. Can never pick an absolute favorite.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:37:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #344 on: May 30, 2023, 09:56:53 PM »
I love that Ithorian smuggler! Thats an awesome idea 💡
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.