Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

One HUGE error in Episode 1

<< < (2/3) > >>

Spookymufu:
I wouldnt have minded the Prequels half as much if they had actually looked and felt like prequels to the OT instead of a future of the OT, if the PT had been dirtier and gritty and not as streamlined I would have felt it was SW past. I hate that Lucas tried to combine the look of the 50's (American Graffiti?) with the PT and the bad jokes and one liners. Oh and dont get me started on the bad acting....

Tamer:
LOL. Spooky you wouldn't be referring to Hayden Christensen and the whole AOTC I love you scene and lines are you? I do agree, horrible.

hangarbay94:
Spooky, I had to laugh at your comment as you put into words what many a Star Wars fan probably feels but would never dare utter.

I kind of feel sorry for Lucas, as he has been trying... I just wish he'd pass the torch to someone talented who could really do something amazing with the story and make the kind of film we all crave for!

UnitedStatesDemocrat:
In regards to the first comment, Jules, I don't get why the Jedi can take the children away when they're that young, train them in the Jedi ways, and then when they get older, give them a choice as to whether they want to leave or not.  It seems fixed so that the Jedi will stay, because they don't know who or where their family is, the Jedi life is all they've ever known, and even if they left regardless of that, it's as if they'd have no purpose, anymore. 

Like you said, it's just odd that the Republic condones kidnapping of all things, simply because these men for millenia have provided protection and served as their army.  It's reminiscent to a degree of Nazi practices during the waning years of World War II, when they drafted young teens, and the parents were often so entwined with Nazi policy, they dared not say anything to the contrary because of fear or general support.

Tamer:
I find it odd that a SW Author has not shed light on this whole Jedi Training Program. Wouldn't Bardan Jusik make a good person to follow through all of this? Perhaps a trilogy of his life before, slightly after hooking up with Papa Kal, and then going into his future with our favorite RCs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version