Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

One HUGE error in Episode 1

<< < (3/3)

Wardog:
HOORAY...someone has finally said what i've been thinking for years.  I agree with you all here.  When my 3 year old daughter is being a pain and getting into everything i call her Jar Jar  ;D, yes that awful character still annoys the hell out me after all this time.  Lucas should have gone forward not back....a New Jedi Order type of thing would have been awesome.

Mandalore the skepsis:

--- Quote from: Tamer on March 05, 2012, 04:25:21 PM ---I find it odd that a SW Author has not shed light on this whole Jedi Training Program. Wouldn't Bardan Jusik make a good person to follow through all of this? Perhaps a trilogy of his life before, slightly after hooking up with Papa Kal, and then going into his future with our favorite RCs?

--- End quote ---

Lucas pretty much deleted all that with the clone wars version of the mandos. Lucas is an epic fail anymore and Filoni isnt much better imho.

smeagol92055:
Well, just because the Jedi are wise, doesn't mean they know everything.

To them, the prophecy could have indicated that the "one who will bring balance to the Force," would actually do away with the Dark Side completely.  Remember, in Episode III, Yoda even says out loud that "misinterpreted, the prophecy may have been."

zedhatch:

--- Quote from: hangarbay94 on February 27, 2012, 08:28:10 AM ---While watching Episode 1 in the cinema yesterday I noticed a HUGE error in the story and was wondering if anyone else had spotted it...

When Anakin is introduced to the Jedi Council the following remarks are made:

"The chosen one will bring balance to the force"

"The Sith have not been seen or heard of for over a Millennia"  

So, if the Sith have been extinct, then only the Jedi have been in existence (good guys), therefore if the chosen One is supposed to bring balance to the Force doesn't that mean that he will bring back the Sith (bad guys). Ying and Yang?

Also they mentioned that Anakin was too old to begin his training... that meant that the Jedi are taking kids younger than 6 away from their parents! That is seriously wrong! I don't care how many midiclorieds my kids have, I wouldn't let some Jedi take them away when they are only babies! what parent would?

I know that this is sci-fi / fantasy but there should be consistency and a level of common sense. At least with OT you know where you are, I can even cope with the Ewoks (though Storm-troopers being knocked out with stones was a bit far)...

I am still a fan but Oh how I wish Lucas would have released a sequel rather than a prequel...  

--- End quote ---

That was my biggest critism of Ep 1 right there, on both counts.  Me and some friends were making jokes about that balance line and how it looks like Ani really did by wiping out the Jedi, and even more that we learned about the Jedi the more convinced I was of it, they stole kids into a life of servitue and alienation without ever considering the choices for them, THIS was not the Jedi I had envisioned when I saw Star Wars in 1977. 

Attachemnts lead to the darkside-feh, isolation does too (makes you insecure which leads to anger and you know the rest). 

Honestly I ignore most of the prequel stuff just for this reason alone, I only refernce it in jokes from time to time ;-).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version