Author Topic: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)  (Read 32004 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »
Blood and guts and a life of danger! I love it. Very cool vehicle Devin, can't wait to see it muddy and bloody.

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
Love a lot of the work here.. the detail in that Whiplash figure is just too cool.  Also love your Bat/Drones.. something I wanted to do, but never got around to it...  I always had this futureistic Joeverse in my head, Transformer meets Joes meets Terminator kinda thing.. might have to get me some more Drones to use for this one day.

Too many things to mention(or remember) as I spent the last 30 mins or so looking through the thread. I clicked the front page link and it took me to the first post, I started reading and realized that it wasn't the custom on the front page, but I just kept going and then was like.. "what else did he make", lol...

Anyway, Love the CC with the Tron head. Awesome idea... consider that stolen.. and since the half track vehicle brought me here, might as well say AWESOME JOB! When the new GI Joe Zomvie Vipers come out, you gotta get a good half dozen and make a mini diorama with him defending his log house in the stick,lol.

Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2011, 05:07:09 PM »
awesome job on the truck blood,dirt,dents is gonna put it over the top  ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:22 PM »
thanks everyone for the comments...

Tamer to answer a few of your questions.  "Knox" was created to fit into a 'verse already established by another customizer and friend of mine from else where.  He has his own website devoted to this universe which he calls the "ATR", short for "All that Remains"

All that remains.... is THEM and US.... 
http://allthatremains2010.webs.com/

The figure of "knox" was created for his custom contest (details through the link above) and you can read more about his version of the Apocalypse and how the remaining human factions are not only battling it out to survive, but battling it out for control of the world...  If you like a good read, and good apocalyptic customs, give his site some time and read through the posts there.   

The truck itself is actually payment back to him for some parts he sent me to complete a joe vehicle I have yet to finish customizing...

joerhyno:
this is my little hidden section of "where the heck do I put this custom?"!  There is a little bit of everything in here.... I take the MISC. title seriously!   Thanks for taking time to read through all of the posts and give me some feedback, it's nice to hear some feedback on some of my older stuff.   

I realy enjoy the idea of mechanized soldiers and the BATs encompass that idea fully... so blending story lines and combining aspects of stories as well as toy lines that I love drives me to create things for more than just the star wars universe.  I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them and gained some ideas for yourself!  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
I want to do the same thing with my truck but I don't think my wife would let me.  Not because of the tank treads but because we don't have room in the garage.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2011, 04:21:32 AM »
I want to do the same thing with my truck but I don't think my wife would let me.  Not because of the tank treads but because we don't have room in the garage.

Driving around the back roads of Kentucky I have actually seen a kit-bashed pick up truck body on the top of a set of tank treads.... For real, a real truck with a tank's guts... it's was awesome.   It was just sitting out in someone's front yard as we drove past so I don't know if it was functional but the idea none-the less stuck in my mind!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2011, 04:24:46 AM »
Sweet Devin, I aim to give this a good read.

I have been meaning to get "The Walking Dead" on DVD on netflix as I love a good Zombie Apocalypse scenario.

I would love to add those tracks to my truck and know you can get it done. Then, all I would need is a big gun for the bed.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »
I love that half track and the figure that goes with it, Devin! The vehicle has a very Road Warrior feel to it and with some scuffs here and there, it would fit right in with your them and us universe.

I would love to see a pic of that real world truck with treads on the back roads like you described.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2011, 05:15:50 PM »
I love that half track and the figure that goes with it, Devin! The vehicle has a very Road Warrior feel to it and with some scuffs here and there, it would fit right in with your them and us universe.

I would love to see a pic of that real world truck with treads on the back roads like you described.

That universe isn't of my creation so don't give me any credit for the ideas there in that link I put up in the previous post... I just intertwined an original story for this guy into a pre-established idea of a zombie apocalypse.  

as far as the truck I remember seeing, I saw it on vacation YEARS ago as a child and wasn't able to get any photos or anything of it... not even sure that it was in ky now that I think about it.  It might have been down in GA somwhere....   I'm sure if you google "truck with tank tracks" you'll find some red-neck's photos of it! it's probably more common than you'd think.

examples:   http://offroadaction.ca/where-are-the-tanktrack-monster-trucks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:18:56 PM by spudafett »