Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48866 times)

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Heavy Siege Tank Tracked (HSTT), WIP. 3 Mar 13
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »
Looking sweet man! I'd love to have the time and talents to tackle a large vehicle like this, awesome work!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »
What a monster! I love the interior area of the turret. I can imagine the details flowing into that space.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
Thanks all! I'm waiting on some material to come that I ordered about a week ago. Kind of ticked at the moment because they finally shipped today but backordered key item I need to work on the HSTT. That's reason haven't had any updates. The interior will have a lot of detail in the turret and cab. Need different set of LED's and EL lighting.

Meantime, I moved forward with large build number 3. Have no pics yet. But think it will come out nicely when finished. It too, I need these parts to reinforce the structure but I started the kitbash part of the build.

Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2013, 07:11:40 AM »
I owe some an apology. Comments were made that I am not sharing, participating with the group, and keeping my ideas secret. If this is the appearance it is not intentional. 

I wish I had more time to scratchbuild and customize. Between work, medical (wife and mine), limited hours of just able to even function and work on the hobby are limited to maybe 1 or 2 hours during the week. Little more on the weekends. I have a lot of ideas swimming around in my head. Just can't get them out fast enough which really sucks.

What's stated above is pretty much the same for participation, sharing, teaching builds, or whatever. When comes to builds and teaching or sharing how, I am not that great at that. Maybe I'm making it more difficult, don't know. I have no drawings, just mental images of what I want to build and that's where it's designed. I take pictures of each step/part/assembly should I decide to duplicate the build. I run into blocks when I try to explain certain mechanics of what I do. And if say the wrong thing then that person that comes to me will be pissed. However, I will do better in explaining processes when asked. Again, I am probably making it more difficult then it should to answer some questions that go into the build process.

Another thing is the notification system for this and other forums. I rarely receive them. So I am not ignoring anyone. If need to contact me please send me an email. It's best way for me to receive and respond in more timely manner.

I really am appreciative of the support here on ISY. That is something I don't take for granted. You all provide feedback which I greatly appreciate. By no means do I think I'm the greatest Scratchbuilder or customizer. I am still learning, too. I'll try to interact more than I have. FB is easy because most time I'm mobile so I post a comment and move on. Not as in depth as in the forums.

For those who felt this way, I apologize and will try however I can to improve interaction here on ISY.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2013, 05:31:30 AM »
Chad you don't have to apologize for what you share. This is a hobby. Real life always takes precedence over this.

I for one have never felt that you were 'secretive" or not helpful when it came to answering questions about your work.

We just appreciate what you do share.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Heavy Siege Tank Tracked (HSTT), WIP. 7 Apr13
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2013, 09:28:23 PM »
Sorry guys. Not much of an update. Just minor work:

Turret gantry. When completed it will wrap around the back, from door to door.

Some minor detailing. Working on decal overlays and display designs.

Biggest dilemma. Waiting on electronic components from another source. Can't seal up and finish the turret/cab without finishing the lighting/displays. The same with the main barrel. Hopefully the stuff I need will come in next week.

Meantime I'm working on an exciting large scale build. The 1:18 Invader Inter-Atmospheric Craft (IIAC), Zh?róng zhànjiàn (warship). When run into situations where running short on material (electronics especially) I'm going to start working on more 1:18 invader figures, human resistance and civilian figures, and simple custom vehicles.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:37:24 PM by C130IM »
Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Heavy Siege Tank Tracked (HSTT), WIP. 7 Apr 13
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2013, 04:11:51 AM »
Looks good to me. Back on the front page.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:42 AM »
Thanks Tamer!  I'll have some more info on thr Invader Inter-Atmospheric Craft (IIAC), Zhuróng zhànjiàn soon. It's being built just not at point to post pics of yet. It's coming along and is being built in 2 sections.
Chad

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2013, 06:57:56 AM »
Some really beautiful scratch building going on here. Your lines are just beautiful! I am really loving the over all design of this vehicle. Thanks for any WIP pics you get time to share. I really love seeing things come together.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
Your scratch builds always blow me away, Chad, and this is no exception. Wow!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Invader I-AC, Zhuróng Zhànjiàn (Warship), WIP
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »
Been on a hiatus primarily focusing on a new concept and scratchbuild. The HSTT tank is shelved temporarily until I can work out some issues with its design.

So introducing the 1:18 Invader Inter-Atmospheric Craft, Zhuróng Zhànjiàn. The TOVREX arial cousin. Right now the ship is being built in sections. In the pictures, the aft and forward body are temporarily attached for the pictures.

These warships served as part of the invaders 'fleet security and offensive fighter/bomber wing' when deployed with the expeditionary fleets.  Back in their home system, the invaders utilized the warship to hunt, engage, and destroy insurgent weaponry and positions on troublesome planets within their realm of control.  They also played major role defending their space from external intruders especially their long time enemy in another region of space.  

On Earth, they were used in combat operations where organized military resistance was placing undue pressure on the invaders ground and air forces. Such was the case in China where the warship was first seen in combat. Dubbed "Zh?róng zhànjiàn" by a Chinese PLA General after witnessing the ships firepower during the siege of Hong Kong and early bombardment of Beijing.

Heavy Armament:

They were built tough with redundant armor and magnetic shielding which provided additional protection.

4 double barrel (legacy), rapid or constant fire cannons (2 port and 2 starboard). Used for ship to ship engagements or ground support operations.
2 forward plasma disruptor projectile emitters. Energy of projectile adjustable controling explosive yield.
4 side mounted smaller plasma disruptor projectile emitters (2 starboard/port sides). Ship to ship and ground support.
1 Top mounted heavy weapon. Fixed position. Geared towards frontal attack against other ships. It similar to the plasma disruptors. However, instead of firing a single projectile. The top weapon was capable of firing a sustained, powerful, beam combining other material to boost the destructive power. No reports ever made of its use on Earth.

The ship was designed with many redundant systems. From engines to power plant. Independent plasma fusion core powered the weapons. A second fusion core fueled the engines. Has a large internal gravity well allowing it to hover. Unlike the P-DRAC, it was capable of entering and leaving various planetary atmospheres under its own power and shielding. They could launch from the fleet carrier in orbit with no requirement for a transport.  

Its main weakness was tied to energy drain. Power for the plasma disruptors placed burden on its weapons core.  Especially during an intensive firefight with a craft of equal or greater power.

Many associate this warship with the TOVREX ground destroyer. The US designated it the ARVREX. Both are apparently invincible. And have left wake of destruction in their paths.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:38:15 PM by C130IM »
Chad

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
That's massive! Very impressive! The tank was big , but this looks bigger! I hope you manage to sort out the "issues"with the tank soon as I look forward to seeing that finished! But now im also very keen to see this completed! Wow!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Now this is nice. More comments on the front page.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
ShamanLogRay; thanks for the comments! The HSTT is a temporary setback. However, the larger ground destroyer, TOVREX, is back on the bench to finish. My goal is to complete the Invader vehicles; Zh?róng Zhànjiàn, TOVREX, and MAGAT Ver. 2 vehicles. Complete the US BG-ISAM HM2 "Kodiak" Mech.

There are other kits that I'm adapting to my verse (Votoms) that work out in there configuration (exception of the wheels on the feet).

Tamer; thank you to you and rest of the ISY community for the continued support!  Hope to have more updates soon.
Chad

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Progress on this model is slow and little tedious. Due in part to how its being built. Making sure the weight and each part is supported properly. 

Latest updates:

Additional airframe panels added to the sides, bottom, and framing for support.

The front section is the hardest part because each piece is smaller, cut to fit the proper angles and measurements of the panel next to it. Wait time to allow the Aves sculpt to cure.

Managed to prep the main weapon stanchion. It will be mounted above the ship command section.

There are now 5 main assemblies planned that will form the final build: main body, aft thruster section, upper weapon section, lower sensor array/weapon section, landing gear assembly.

It's slow but want to show that the WIP is proceeding and not being pushed off like the HSTT (little frustrated right now with that build).

Chad