Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48888 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Planetary Dual Role Attack Craft (P-DRAC). 18 Feb 13
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:40 PM »
Simply amazing!!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Planetary Dual Role Attack Craft (P-DRAC). 18 Feb 13
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the outstanding support and feedback!!

Tamer; the good news. I am getting back to work on the large ground destroyer. Still squeezing other projects in but this and the HSTT are priority to finish this year.

If time permits. Hope to have 3 more P-DRAC's  built this year. Possibly, once find a company here, I want get them cast and run a limited production run of these fighters.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
Well Id be interested in buying one! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »
Good news on that large tank. I can still remember my reaction after seeing that for the first time.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2013, 08:03:07 AM »
Now that is one sweet vehicle! Love the design, paint aps and led work!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thanks Luke and Tamer! I am working on the tanks. The HSTT I'm working first and squeezing the large ground destroyer in using new build processes from HSTT in the TOVREX-S construction.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Heavy Siege Tank Tracked (HSTT), WIP. 3 Mar 13
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
The Heavy Siege Tank (HSTT) was one of several tracked (anti grav assist) invader siege tanks. Far more powerful than their own class of MBT. Human combat vehicles just could not withstand the HSTT's firepower.

HSTT's had multiple armaments. Most notable;  it's high yield, energy based, main cannon with a secondary multi-barrel plasma gun. One could wipe out the strongest human tanks in blink of an eye. They had very few weaknesses. However,  lacked the speed of MAGAT's but could still attain speeds of 65 MPH in open terrain. They required landing craft to deploy. Then they would convoy into the combat zone.  These tanks were heavily armored. But, a well placed hit near the base of the main cannon or forward crew cab would at minimum disable the vehicle.

Invader tanks designated as 'Siege' packed additional firepower. Multiple launch projectile systems (MLPS) were mounted on side or back of the vehicle. HSTT's MLPS was mounted on the rear or top of the turret. The MLPS expanded the function of the tank to provide artillery support. It launches long/medium range rocket fire on various targets (capacity ranged 20 to 100 missiles). They fought human armor units, desimated bases, and rained destruction on large population centers. The HSTT would become most feared by regular military and militia units.

Yesterdays WIP for comparison. Attached 40 round rocket launcher. Rotates and elevates. All rockets are removable.

Today's WIP:

Chad

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Heavy Siege Tank Tracked (HSTT), WIP. 3 Mar 13
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2013, 07:00:57 PM »
This tank is huge. Keep the updates coming.  0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2013, 04:13:49 AM »
I agree, must see more. Looks like you are ready to slap some paint on this bad boy. Back to the front page.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »
That it´s a big tank !!! amanizing  DH DH DH DH DH

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »
Hello Chad,
I have to ask since scratch building awesome looking vehicles is front and center this week. Can I ask some questions? 

What are you making the body out of? is it foam board?
What are you using as glue/bonding?
Are you going to fill the joints? If, yes what will you use?
Is there a underlying skeleton under the panels?
Do you use anything outside of graph paper to work out your panel sizing (like a program)?

Any tips?

Thanks!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »
Oh yea, this is looking great! Love the lines of the vehicle and she is sporting some heavy weaponry!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
Thanks guys! This may not take as long as originally thought. I say that now, but most work is in the turret.

Stenhunter,

Hello Chad,
I have to ask since scratch building awesome looking vehicles is front and center this week. Can I ask some questions? 

What are you making the body out of? is it foam board?
What are you using as glue/bonding?
Are you going to fill the joints? If, yes what will you use?
Is there a underlying skeleton under the panels?
Do you use anything outside of graph paper to work out your panel sizing (like a program)?

Any tips?

The tank top, interior body is made from styrene; plain, pattern, tube, I-beams. Base is from 1/16 RC tank. Other parts used from Star Wars and MSG.

For bonding. Depending on material, weight, and material. Most times model masters glue works great with styrene. I use superglue for parts I need to bond quickly (ABS to styrene and hard angles). For large models, where there is significant weight and size, I use screws and bolts and glue.

Yes. I always sand down parts and fill in gaps as well as build parts of my models using Aves Epoxy Sculpt or Fixit.

For some of the tank (turret, interior chassis), I use a skeleton to provide a stable frame for large pieces to help with load bearing and prevent warping/drooping. Comes in handy. Future project, due to its size and weight it will have to consist of a skeleton frame so can use thinner plastic to reduce the weight.

Regarding dimensions. That's hard for me to explain for some reason. I visualize the vehicle in my mind. Most are from a personal storyline/verse that I've worked on over a decade. I don't use a program or graph paper (granted a program would speed up the design process). I do take pictures of each part cut and assembly made. This model has 209 pictures of the build process (if decide to replicate the build).  Most have no sketch. I build my models on the go based on what I imaged in my head.  I use tools like angles, compass, X-Acto knife, sculpting material, cutting boards, miters, Stylus Dremel, LED's. chisels, micro-cutters, etc. I do use graph paper for hard to measure angles in tight spots.

Tips. Hard to do mainly because never been asked. Also because the ideas exist in mind. The build; requires patience! My largest tank called TOVREX-S, has been a WIP since Apr 09. That's due to combination of factors. Time and other projects. The average vehicle scratchbuild for me is around 6 months. Customs can be couple weeks to couple months. Use your imagination. Key to anything you do in the scratchbuild/custom hobby starts within your imagination. If you need to draw it then start there. Me, drawing actually inhibits me. But that's how my mind is. I can build and take pictures to remember specific dimensions, parts, etc. but it slow me down. But you can build pretty much whatever you want. Need to have patience with your builds. Especially if they are large or complex.
Chad

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
Thank you!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »
your tank is huge & looks great! I look forward to seeing the finished result! :)