Imperial Community > Imperial Break Room

The car thread.

(1/21) > >>

JDeck:
  Im not sure if this topic already exists, but I might as well start one.

This is a thread showing what we drive. The other kind of toys.

JDeck:
  I bought a 2018 Mazda3 Grand Touring. I'll tell you what this is a fun car to drive. It might not look like much but it's git it where it counts. Actually I think it's a sexy little number. I like that it has no "GT" badges. It's classy. Pretty much all of Mazdas cars are race inspired.

when I test drove it, the salesman and I pulled into an empty parking lot, and I gave it as much abuse as I could. Figure-eights, corkscrews, and it took all of my abuse like a go-kart. The tires didn't so much as chirp, it did exactly what I wanted it to. After I stopped the salesman yelled THAT WAS AWSOME!!. I heartedly agreed  .
I was never really a Mazda guy, but after doing my due diligence, I've become a true beliver. I could go on and on about how awesome Skyactiv Technology is, but it's incredible. I can't wait to take it up to the mountains. But first I want to get more acclimated to it.  I only wish it had a tad more power. It's a 185hp 2.5 4cly. which is bigger than the base model's. It doesn't throw you back in your seat, but then again I haven't tested "Sport mode", which is a setting on the auto trans that changes the shift point to the exact moment to get the most power. Also it has a manual setting with paddle shifters.

Darth More:
Hey congratulations to your new car JD! Your new ship looks awesome in white! Really like the shape of the front with slick headlights and a nice panoramic roof!
I really love the models of Mazda with their sporty bodywork and shapes! I especially like the red metallic which really pops in the mass of other cars.
Back in 2015 one of my colleagues got herself a Mazda 3 (compact) from 2014 in anthracite metallic which looked really nice as well! Ah I could go on and on, thanks for sharing this great story with us! I'm sure a car dealer doesn't always have so much fun on test drives!
In Germany we say: "Allzeit gute Fahrt!" May the safety be with you, always.

Tamer:
Congrats on your new car JDeck. My wife loves Mazda. Here first car was one and she drove it to over 200,000 miles.

I think we have a car thread around here somewhere, I will have to see if I can find it.

JDeck:
Thanks! Yeah that is a cool color. Mine is white pearl mica. It has a little metal flake and a pearl finish, it's only noticeable up close.  Yeah it's cool styling. I especially like the the nose. I was going to wait a couple more years to get the gen 5 2019-present, but they're not much better. They offer AWD and a turbo option, but I don't need AWD, and I would never buy a turbo. Tbey will wear your engine out. So I said screw it. I bought it at a VW dealership a friend of mine works at, so I pulled the trigger, and my friend got a $100 bonus.

Yeah mazdas are really underrated. I asked friends what they thought of Mazdas and they had no opinion.  I didn't know anything about them either. So Ive been doing a ton of research over the last couple of weeks, that's why I haven't been on here much even lurking. They're just as reliable as Honda and Toyota, low maintenance. Theyre just as safe as a Subaru, with the five star safety plus rating. My insurance is lower with this car than my old one because of all the safety features. Mazda just doesn't advertise, the last commercial is remember was the old zoom zoom campaign. The only problem which is actually a good thing that I personally think is great, is the suspension is stiff. So if you're looking for a soft ride, you probably won't like mazda. The fuel mileage isnt the best in its class. But i only live 10 miles from work so I don't really care. Its the same gas mileage as my old focus.  For me I just wanted something completely opposite from my bread truck. I have to drive that all day every day, and it's not always a fun drive. So today I got off work, rolled all the windows down opened the sunroof and blasted Rammstein in the Bose surround system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version