Author Topic: Germany  (Read 85051 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Germany
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2020, 03:54:21 AM »
Yes, this picture went viral here in Germany. More viral than the virus itself (as of now) But it turned out that it was actually taken in Austria. I went to a grocery store and two drug stores yesterday. Not too crazy, but Pretty crowded. Desinfectants are sold out EVERYWHERE! So are face masks of any kind. But people here in Germany don't panic. I haven't even seen anyone with masks, yet. But the mall was pretty empty yesterday. And it's usually crowded at any time of the day.

Here are some pics that I took myself. Shelves are getting empty pretty quick for ertain products like desinfectants, soap and tin food.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2020, 10:52:07 AM »
This whole Corona virus is way overblown if you ask me. It's flu season, people die from the seasonal flu all the time. We go through this every few years, sars, bird flu, swine flu, swine flue was mostly in North America, people freaked out about that.
 I was watching the news, they were showing those Amazon prices for masks. The problem is it's creating a shortage for those who actually need them, like doctors, physicians, people who are constantly around sick people. Evidently Israel is coming up with a vaccine soon. We'd probably have one sooner if the USFDA didn't regulate everything to death. It'll take almost two years to finish a vaccine here.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2020, 02:28:54 PM »
Thanks for your comment, JD. You are exactly right. People are going waaaay too crazy. And some are playing with the fear and confusion of others. Oh, and it's the same mess with regulations here in Germany. No chance for quick progress. I mean, we cannot even finish an airport anymore...so sad. And quite embarassing, too! Cheers!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2020, 06:22:06 AM »
sometimes I wonder if the medical field is the biggest organized crime racket out there.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2020, 03:20:02 PM »
sometimes I wonder if the medical field is the biggest organized crime racket out there.

Not the medical field itself, but the medical insurance field/big pharma is the biggest organized crime racket in the US.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »
In this case I blame the media. They can't let this opportunity go to waste. There job is to sell papers or get clicks, what better way than to put people in a panic? There's 6 or 7 billion people on Earth and they repot every new case, as if it's a thousand. Some people are so freaked out they won't drink Corona beer, I'm not kidding.

My sister in-law is legit concerned because she's Korean American with family in SK.  she had a friend go to SK and back but she was smart enough to self quarantine for two weeks. You have to use common sense, without freaking out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:02:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2020, 03:14:15 AM »
Not the medical field itself, but the medical insurance field/big pharma is the biggest organized crime racket in the US.

That is a good point Dan. I need to not be so narrow minded sometimes. It just seems to me we could cure a lot more stuff, a lot quicker than we do.

I guess now that we have our first death this this in Washington State the paranoia will get even more extreme this week.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2020, 12:47:29 AM »
Just a quick update: I was going to be on a local convention on April 4, 2020 as a customizer presenting some dios, repaints & prototypes. Unfortunately the organization team cancelled it yesterday - due to public restrictions of the corona virus. They try to find a new date. That's a bummer. I was quite looking forward to participating my very first convention as an "exhibitor". Well, the positive thing is: Now I got more time to realize even more Projects 'til the Hernebration 5.

Safety first. Stay safe & take care. Europeans not welcome anymore. So my family's trip to Florida in April was cancelled. I can understand that. But it also means we all have to change plans.

Another good News is: my local grocery store has new desinfectants. But toilet paper is sold out. That's currently the running gag here in Germany. Seems to be the most important thing at the moment.

Let's see how things develop...cheers!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 12:53:49 AM by Darth More »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about it. Toilet paper is running out of stock here in New England as well... You know its bad when local AM radio complains about it all day. This whole thing is getting ridiculous. People are just losing sanity.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2020, 05:08:52 AM »
Well that stinks, but I agree stay safe. Sounds like you are gonna use the time for more customizing fun.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2020, 07:36:18 AM »
   I don't really understand the run on the grocery stores. Water, disinfectants, toilet paper, everything is gone. I'm in the bread distribution business, so I'm making money off the madness, especially with schools being closed. However I do have to work today, on my day off, but I want to sell as much as I can by keeping the shelves full, a lesson Hasbro should learn.

I've been avoiding restaurants and bars for the last few weeks, and I've been avoiding large crowds my entire life. I have to get a temperature reading whenever I deliver to my nursing/retirement home.  I'm taking precautions, but I'm not going crazy with it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:55:45 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2020, 09:27:07 AM »
MEGA SURPRISE in times of Corona...

Went to drug store Müller today and I'm still amazed by the toy section they have - half a floor!

So I start right off with the biggest surprise to me:

The TARGET exclusive giant Brachiosaurus is found on shelves here in Germany! Two of them at my local Müller for 72,99€ each. They do have 10% discount coupons, too!
Man, oh man, this should make Jurassic Park/Wolrd fans happy...I've seen People selling this beauty for 160€ a few months ago when nobody knew this was coming to Europe! MATTEL is doing so many things  much better than Hasbro...I think I'm to get one of these with 10% off as soon as I can! They prpbably won't sit there for long...it's been a long time since I was surprised like this in store...

I began my walk in the clearance aisle though:

30€ for the ForceLink 2.0 version instead of 37,99€ - STEAL OF A DEAL MY FRIENDS! You'll see the ForceLink 1.0 version for just 15€ later…won the rip-off of the day!

They also got 4 of our favorite & constant Zuvio who just doesn't want to leave shelves for 5 YEARS so far! Man, what a funny & at the same time sad sight to see…FL 2.0 was 15€ and our Rose that just wouldn't wilt was 7€.

FORTNITE

Jurassic World

STAR WARS

10€ each! Great deal if you ask me - half the price as TVC figures nowadays... :'(

Model kits

Revell's model kits of battle tanks in 1/72 scale got me into model building. So much nostalgia here to breath in today! Next time I'll take a pic of the whole ailse. There were people so I couldn't capture it all.

Hope you enjoyed as much as I did! Stay safe everyone!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:00:35 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2020, 04:21:43 AM »
Wow, awesome stuff. That Jurassic World stuff is great.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2020, 07:35:53 AM »
Thanks for checking back! Yes, their toy Department is amazing! I'll try to give you a good overview next time. I need one of those Brachiosaurus.

I stopped by at Action today and to my surprise I found Black Series figures there - for 4,99€!

It was this exclusive battle damaged Captain Plasma - 6 of them!

And one Beckett! Who came with me - 4,99€ - that's the cheapest TBS figures I've seen @retail (and ever) here in Germany! Can't top a penny, but 5 bucks is almost a steal. I wonder if they got more figures of the wave...too bad there aren't more Action stores around my area…

Other than that they got some Poe Shampoo Bottles and the rest of the 5 POA figures for 1,99€. People went crazy over R2 and 3PO at that price...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2020, 03:15:54 AM »
Toy Hunt

Dresden, Germany

Fri, May 15, 2020

Müller

Went to the second store here in Dresden. I'm glad I did go back a week later:

The Rise of Skywalker was released here on DVD & BluRay, too:

Model Building:

I remember the amazing selection of die-cast model cars at Toys "R" Us in the U.S. back in the days. Müller has got a decent selection, too:

Dresden, Germany

Sat, May 23, 2020

Müller

I'm glad I didn't buy the A-Wing last week. When I went back to the store last Saturday, they not only moved almost the entire STAR WARS section to the main corridor, but they also reduced the stuff by another 20-33%...

Can't believe D-Day is 75 years ago already...

A movie car model with no scale. I suppose: Car 1/18 scale, figure 1/24 scale...

---------------------------

Also went to a model train store here, which carries paints by Model Color:

- Philipp