Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Questions

Strongest Glue

(1/2) > >>

Mandalore25:
Looking for a new type of glue to use, Locktite and Krazy just don't cut it anymore with the rising complexity I'm trying to incorporate in my customs. What kind of glues does everybody else use?

smeagol92055:
I've had good luck with Shoe Goo. It only takes one drop, and it seals like rubber, so long as you don't go bending it a whole lot.

Mandalore25:
Thanks, I'll have to try that, sealing like a rubber sounds great. I think my problems stem from most super glues dry brittle, and have broken during shipping from time to time.

Sjefke:
When I first started, I was using Krazy Glue and just wasn't impressed with how it held Hasbro action figure plastics. I was at a train show a few years back and watched a guy demonstrating Lightening Bond Glue.  It's a cyanoacrylate, like Krazy Glue and Loktite, but it definitely has properties which make it more effective at holding different materials together.   A bottle generally lasts me a year and I'm currently on my 4th.  It's pricey, but I use it for a lot of home repairs too.  It also stays liquid longer.  I've had my bottle open to the air for a year because the cap got too gunked up to close and it still works great.  If you indulge, go for the $20 bottle which comes with Lightening Bond Filler and the Accelerant.

http://lightningbondglue.com/

Mandalore25:
Interesting, if it lasts that long, and is that useful, it sounds like a great investment. Thanks for the link, it sounds really impressive, I'll be sure to get some.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version