Author Topic: Celebration Europe II - Recap video!  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Celebration Europe II - Recap video!
« on: November 22, 2012, 05:24:39 AM »
I can't believe the first Celebration Europe (CE) has been 5 years ago already. Time flies as fast like a Rebel fleet in hyperspace :D

But in 2013 Celebration Europe II will be held in Essen, Germany! I'm super excited for this and will definitely attend. It's only ninety miles from my home, so it's very likely I will be driving to and from, instead of booking a hotel room. I'm seriously considering attending all three days at that ;)

I'd like to know who of my fellow European SW fans is going as well. I know there are a lot of European Yarders and it'd be sweet to meet up and get all geeky and stuff!

More info at: http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/

MTFBWY!

:D

UPDATE 10/01/2013:
Tickets will be up for sale as of January 16: http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/en/Buy-Tickets/

VIP Tickets will be available in a limited number and will cost €500.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:43:49 PM by Mr. Black »

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:26:56 AM »
It'd be fun to set up and maintain a list of who's going. Just copy and paste the list in your reply and add your name and country :)

Going to CE-II:
Mr. Black (f.k.a. Incom) - Netherlands

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
I would love to go to Europe and this. It would be cool for Chad and I to podcast at this. I am sure Chad will go with me! ;D

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »
That would be awesome, Shawn. Would make for a great follow up to your CVI reports!

To tell you the truth, early this year I was actually planning out a trip to Florida, just to get to CVI. But things got in the way, yadda yadda yadda.... Real shame as I was looking forward to that a lot.

I only found out about CE-II this week, though!

Offline BCooper

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »
Ah man I would love to go to this but my holiday is sorted for next year already.

I went to the first CE and had an absolute blast, even my wife enjoyed it a bit!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 04:59:24 AM »
Essen is about an hour away from my place...that's very tempting.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:03:21 AM »
Yeah, although CE in London was awesome, I think Essen is much more of a central location. People from Germany, Belgium, Austria, parts of France could easily go by car.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - tickets available as of January 16!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 05:21:40 AM »
Updated the first post!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Celebration Europe II - tickets available as of January 16!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 06:13:05 AM »
I have to say, I would love to go! but I seriously doubt I could make this happen. Hey Lucas Film, send me and I will head up a diorama or custom action figure workshop!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - Hotel booked!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
Yay, finally booked my hotel room! If anyone's interested, I'm staying at the Park Hotel in Essen. It's very close to the convention center and it's a 17-room hotel.

Are any fellow Yarders staying there as well? Because although I did book the last available room there, I'm still a bit undecided whether I should cancel this one (which is free of charge) and book a room at the more luxurious Bredeney hotel. The Bredeney hotel is only a little bit more expensive.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:59 AM »
Remco I sure wish I could get over there. Glad to hear someone is going. Take lots of pics!

We could even create a gallery of what you run into once you get back and get time to wind down.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 04:17:58 AM »
I sure will, Tamer  ;D

Got a message from booking.com last week. The Park Hotel was overbooked, an oversight on their account. But they resolved the issue in a professional manner and I'm now staying at the Ruhr Hotel, also closeby the venue. It's a bit more expensive, but booking.com will compensate for that. Textbook example of how things should be resolved :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 05:35:35 AM »
Wow, that is pretty good Remco. Glad to hear you found out before you got there and that its already resolved.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 04:34:37 AM »
Hey guys, haven't been around much lately. Most of it due to home improvement and garden work, as some of my FB friends will probably know.

Anyway, I almost forgot to book my ticket to CE2  ::) Remedied that a few days ago and it turns out I won't be going solo, after all. I got in touch with a guy from Chicago named Craig, who was also going by himself. We pm'ed a bit and now we'll be sharing a hotel room and attending the full three days together. Guess what? Craig is one of the two brothers that made the Hasrbo first prize winning Carbon Freeze Room back in 2009, which got displayed at C5! :D

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - artwork and exclusive screenings!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »
Just received the latest newsletter and man, I'm very excited! Exclusive artwork has been confirmed, a 30th. Ann. screening of RotJ and an exclusive screening of AotC 3D as well! Despite the troubled rep of the PT, there are some awesome sequences in AotC. But seeing the Endor Speeder Bike chase on the big screen again... woohoo!

And I know some will definitely like this: Hasbro will bring their exclusive SDCC Black Series Boba Fett and Han in carbonite as well ;)