Author Topic: Celebration VI  (Read 12841 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Celebration VI
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »
same here ... :-[
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 10:12:19 PM »
I'd hoped that it would be in Indy since then it would be less than a two hour drive for me.  If it weren't for bad luck...  I could get the time off, but by that time most of my friends will either be back at university or work and I don't really want to go by myself...

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
well, looks like the wife and I will be making our arrangements to head on out. It would be cool to get a shipyards contingency out there, but it looks like the location may be a little out of the way for most. I'm in Texas so the heat in Florida shouldn't be too bad.

Spookymufu

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »
well, looks like the wife and I will be making our arrangements to head on out. It would be cool to get a shipyards contingency out there, but it looks like the location may be a little out of the way for most. I'm in Texas so the heat in Florida shouldn't be too bad.

hey, I'm in Texas too, if you fly out of Hobby I'd like to ride in your suitcase and go too!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 03:30:00 AM »
You know, the gf and I have been talking about hitting Orlando next year. Perhaps this could be a possibility.

Offline lord malicor

• Cadet
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
i wanna go so bad =[ i live an hour or two from it grrrrrr

Offline BugSkirt

• Lieutenant
    • BugSkirt's Workshop
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 09:49:48 AM »
Booked a hotel....still need to buy my 4-day passes...   Very excited to go again.  CV was my first convention and I told my wife we were going to CVI regardless of the location.  I am glad it is back in Orlando.  It is a great area with lost to offer for visitors.  For you out-of-towners worried about the Florida heat during summer, my advice is to stay in-doors.  Living here, you more or less get used to the heat if not the humidity.  During the summer I stay inside except to exercise and mow the lawn.  Two things you may want to bring are an umbrella and a refillable water bottle.  If you are going to be outside, skip the soda and stick with water.  Looking forward to meeting some of you folks at the show.   
We had 5 POA in '78...

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 02:08:04 PM »
 Okay this is my first post on here guys and gals.celebration VI,I'm excited to hear it's in orlando again,cause I live about an hour away.I did go to CV,but only for 2 days,and I waited in line for 3 of those hours to hear mark hamill speak,and boy was it worth it.I'm planning on staying for all 4 days this time around,and I'm saving every penny until I get there.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:28:01 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »
Welcome JediMindtrix to the Shipyards.

I am still up in the air about being able to go, but if I can find a way I will be there. I went to CV and had a blast.

As for the heat being from the NE I thought I would melt, but it wasn't bad at all in my opinion.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:54 PM »
Thanx Tamer,may the force be with you.you gotta find a way to make it.I actually thought when I went to CV it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity,but I guess lighting does strike twice.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:26:03 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »
Ah, I'll probably be going. (Though I'm not sure at the moment.) Though, I figure that Celebrations will be the same location every 2 years. So hopefully C7 & C8 will drop by in a convention center near North Carolina or any states beside it.

Offline BugSkirt

• Lieutenant
    • BugSkirt's Workshop
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
Thanx Tamer,may the force be with you.you gotta find a way to make it.I actually thought when I went to CV it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity,but I guess lighting does strike twice.

Well, Florida is the lightning capital of the U. S. (lol)
We had 5 POA in '78...

Offline tofujesse

• Cadet
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »
I can't wait!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
I go back to work on August 15th. I just don't see anyway I can go and I promised myself I wouldn't miss anymore. I am gonna be sick if I can't go. Literally!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 05:36:43 AM »

Well I finally have some good news to relate. While I am still trying to sort out some way to go and keep hiting a brick wall I am pleased to announce that ISY will have a Site Presence there thanks to one Luke Sprywalker who has graciously volunteered to go and cover this for us. Thanks Spry.

I am sure Spry has some other information he will want to share later today and in the coming weeks so I will try not to steal any of his Thunder. If me and Pat can't go, I can't think of a better person to represent us.

I am still trying to find someway, but right now it would mean I could loose my real job if I do this so of course I can't do that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:55:39 AM by Tamer »