Poll

What should i get?

Xbox 360
16 (72.7%)
ps3
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Should i get a xbox360 or ps3?  (Read 5174 times)

droidbait

Re: Should i get a xbox360 or ps3?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 12:41:16 AM »
for once jay is wrong there ;D the ps3 is way better than the xbox as u have to pay to use your own internet online as the ps3 its free, u get blu ray, free music channel, excellent picture quality the list is endless so buy a ps3 its the right decision

ps. im on it now writing this ;D ;D

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 01:33:59 AM »
Well I don't know anyone with a ps3 that has failed. Everyone I know who has an xbox360 has had to replace it, some more than once.

The ps1 came out like 4 years before the first x-box, captain. That means that the technology of the first x-box was kind of on par with the ps2, likewise with the 360/ps3 although the latter has the stronger processor. The owners and producers of both will always bicker back and forth about who is better.
  Free is free as far as online play goes. Why should you pay $60 for a title and then pay more to play it online?

I never got into playing games on the PC, Jay. It just never felt the same to me.

I know, I'm sorry. I'm just very biased when it comes to video game consoles. I got an Xbox right after it came out and got an Xbox 360 for Christmas in 2006. I'm not saying the online service for the PS3 sucks, I'm just saying that the online service for the Xbox is better. You've got great online gameplay, Netflix, Zune, Facebook, Hundreds of Arcade games, 1 vs 100, and a lot more. I don't use all of these things, but I use a lot of them. I'm always on Netfilx, I absolutely love that feature. But I guess it really depends more on which games you like. I think when choosing a console, you should just look at the exclusives. I like the Xbox 360 exclusives, and have always been a huge Halo fan, so I think it's a better console for me. I apologize for the biased opinoins in my previous comment, I wasn't really thinking while typing that.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »
I guess it all comes down to what it is you're looking for in a gaming system.  True, the PS3 does have it's online gaming free, comes with a blue ray player, and is made by Sony.  Personally, I hate all things Sony, and have had nothing but bad luck with that.  Still, Blu-Ray is a Sony designed product, so they have all the cards in that arena.  The drawback to the PS3 is their limited number of exclusive games.  They have less than a 3rd of the exclusive games that Xbox 360 has.  Now, I haven't played anything on a PS3, but have on the PS1 and 2, and have always liked my Xbox and Xbox 360 better.

If you're not into online gaming, like me, then I'd say go with the 360.  Yes, in the beginning, Microsoft had a huge problem with the Red Rings of Death.  It was caused by a powerful processor chip that was too strong for the cooler.  It caused the system to overheat.  They have fixed tha problem by upgrading the processor and motherboard.  The newer generations of the 360 are not having that problem anymore.  At least, not as much.  If you keep it covered up or the vents against a wall, it is going to overheat.  You have to give it room to breath!  For me, online gaming sucks because I don't play 20/24 hours a day, and I find most people that play some of these games online do so for WAY too long.  I can remember playing CoD MW live one time, and got pissed because every time I would spawn, I'd get instantly shot in the head.  That's because people find the Spawning point and do that on purpose just to raise their stats.  That is NOT fun for me.  I'd rather complete missions and play the game on my own.  I use my Live mostly for downloading updates and such, and that part is free.  There is no charge for the basic (Silver) package.  Plus, Xbox 360 has a ton more games exclusive to their console than PS3.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »
I agree with you Pat, except I love online gaming. Also what you said about Modern Warfare, is 100 times worse in Modern Warfare 2. The spawns are so bad in that game! And every single match you join on that game, at least two people are exploiting the hundreds of glitches/over powered shit in the game.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
I agree with you Pat, except I love online gaming. Also what you said about Modern Warfare, is 100 times worse in Modern Warfare 2. The spawns are so bad in that game! And every single match you join on that game, at least two people are exploiting the hundreds of glitches/over powered shit in the game.
I thought if you used glitches in an online play the live will kick you out of the match.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
I thought if you used glitches in an online play the live will kick you out of the match.

Not in Modern Warfare 2. The Game Developers don't care about their game or the fans playing it, they just want the money. It takes them several months to fix these glitches, when developers like Bungie fix them within a week usually. Also, there are millions of people doing these glitches, like I said, I run into at least two people using them every game. I know how to do them all, but I only do them when I'm screwing around  with my friends. I can get infinite care packages/emergency airdrops, infinite ammo, make myself run incredibly fast. There's a ton of crap in this game that needs to be fixed.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:23 PM »
karl "nerfherder76" can tell you all about the PS3 his went bang just outside of warranty and sony wanted £143 to fix it! thats more than the price of an xbox360 over here!! he mainly wanted it for the blu-ray player so he went and bought a stand alone blu-ray player for far less than the cost of a PS3  and told me that up till then he thought the blu-ray player on the PS3 was top drawer ....till he watched his discs on the stand alone........... now he says that the cheap and nasty sony player in the PS3 is utter crud by comparison and that he'll never buy a PS3 again!.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
for once jay is wrong there ;D the ps3 is way better than the xbox as u have to pay to use your own internet online as the ps3 its free, u get blu ray, free music channel, excellent picture quality the list is endless so buy a ps3 its the right decision

3 of my sons friends got PS3's ,2 went bang and the third wished he had bought an xbox360  .....and guess what they all have 360's now
the online gaming is nowhere near as developed as microsofts online service   sorry droidbait but free doesnt necaserally mean better .....

mind u  this is all academic as true gamers play on the P.C.! lol and weve had HD capabilities since forever lets see the PS3 play battlefield 2142 at 2048 x 1536 with NO slowdown on ULTRA settings!................. ;D ...ahem' i forgot the PS3 doesnt have Battlefield 2142  does it?  ...or Company of Heroes either........to name more than a few.......

phew! i need to go lie down now.......... :P
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »
I would have to agree with Jay. True gamers play battlefield and company of heroes. I vote xbox 360. If you get the red ring of death, all you have to do is ship it and they'll fix it and reship it for free.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »
I would have to agree with Jay. True gamers play battlefield and company of heroes. I vote xbox 360. If you get the red ring of death, all you have to do is ship it and they'll fix it and reship it for free.
If he gets a new Xbox, it shouldn't get RRoD. Microsoft fixed that fairly quickly after everyone started getting it.

I got my Xbox 360 in 2006 and have only had one problem with it. My warranty expired December 2008, and in January of 2009, two weeks after the warranty expired, it got the E 74 error. That's when the video card doesn't work. Isn't it convenient that it happened RIGHT AFTER my warranty expired? It's still an amazing system though.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:19:44 PM by James T. Kirk »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
Folks, I have noticed that there seems to bit a bit of profanity slipping here and there and please lets touch that up a bit. I can understand profound dissatisfaction, but please clean this up or face edits.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
Folks, I have noticed that there seems to bit a bit of profanity slipping here and there and please lets touch that up a bit. I can understand profound dissatisfaction, but please clean this up or face edits.
I apologize, I edited my post.

Offline Darth Abshir

• Rookie Customizer
  • Commander
  • DarthAbshir
    • http://www.starwars.com
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
sorry but id think you should get an xbox360

"Keep Collecting and May the Force be with you"

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »

I have to agree ps3 is way better

droidbait

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
 ;D