Author Topic: Fortress System Modular system  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
    • Hole in the Ground Productions
Fortress System Modular system
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »
My latest endeavor; The Fortress System. I wanted to come up with a modular playset system that wasn't going to require going overseas and spending hundreds of thousands of dollars invested. So I started designing a system that I could cast in-house and with some standardized sized parts. However, given that there will still be a LOT of different parts offered, I will be crowdfunding it via Indiegogo.

As with my other kits, you'll still need to paint and glue together. So if you ever want to change the configuration you'll want to use a removable glue. But as you can see from the pics, you can make all kinda of buildings. Besides kits, I'll also be selling individual parts to expand and customize. And if successful, I can continue to make additional parts to go with it. The footprint of one square is 6x6". Check out the pre-launch page to follow progress. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hitg-fortress-system-modular-playset-buildings/coming_soon/x/19076029

Collector by choice. Customizer by necessity

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
Re: Fortress System Modular system
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 01:39:25 PM »
here's some more buildings. The hanger would be big enough to park an Xwing

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 09:38:22 PM »
That looks really cool and totally makes sense for diorama building. Excellent concept.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 05:13:35 AM »
Wow, so many possibilities. I can see that this will all be interconnected so you can add/subtract and build different things correct? Just an awesome idea.

Off to the front pages. Thank you for making us aware of it.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 12:50:48 PM »
New buildings you can get. Also, an exploded view of parts

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 02:59:16 AM »
I love the interconnectivity of this. Does this all snap and go together like it looks? Like you could get one set and then get another set down the road and have it all connect?

Off to share this update.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 07:09:10 AM »
I love the interconnectivity of this. Does this all snap and go together like it looks? Like you could get one set and then get another set down the road and have it all connect?

Off to share this update.

Sadly, that's the one thing I can't really do. With everything cast, any sort of way to connect the parts would require some undercut which would become problematic with molding. But you also gotta factor in material wear from repeated use of the connection site, tolerances due to mold shrinkage, and other factors. That's one thing injection molding could do.... at the expense of hundreds of thousands of dollars... overseas. So unfortunately you need glue to assemble meaning chose wisely how you want to assemble. You could use E6000 which is a thick, clear glue, but can be removable so change would be possible with a little more effort.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 02:19:30 AM »
It is just nice to have a choice of so many buildings. A person has a wide array of decisions to make with this. Thanks for creating it.

I saw some proof of concept prints on FB and had to share those. Check out the front page to see photos of what this is gonna look like folks.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 12:32:07 PM »
Getting close to launch now. Hopefully next week!

Pre campaign sign up page. This just lets you put in your email for updates.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hitg-fortress-system-modular-playset-buildings/coming_soon/x/19076029

DRAFT PAGE: This is essentially what the actual campaign page looks like and is the most informative. There may be a few changes between now and launch. https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/53213162

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 03:12:17 AM »
Nice. Off to share this on the front pages.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 01:48:33 PM »
The Fortress System campaign is now LIVE!!!  I just realized I'm launching right before PulseCon and all the sites are gonna be focused on that sadly. But hey, you can give money to the "little guy" whose always delivered, or give more money to the billion dollar toy company that thinks they need to crowdfund for some reason. LOL  Here's the link https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hitg-fortress-system-modular-playset-buildings#/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 03:04:00 AM »
Awesome news. Time to go share this on the front pages.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 03:19:13 PM »
If anyone here is a "wait and see" type potential campaign backer, know that the goal has been passed and I will definitely be making the Fortress System. However, there still aren't many backers and some sets haven't been claimed that have additional components that may not get made unless this project is successful. I don't have Hasbro money, so unlike them, I can't afford to take the same risks. If you think this project is something cool, get in on it before the end of the campaign. Show some love and its more likely to be one of my regular product lines.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hitg-fortress-system-modular-playset-buildings#/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2022, 02:54:19 AM »
Time to share this to the front pages again.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 01:47:39 PM »
The Fortress System playset kits as well as individual parts are now available from the main Hole in the Ground Productions website! Get them here
http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/fortress.html

Great for Star Wars, GI Joe, Halo, Jurassic Park, and more 3 3/4" figures. Build a kit, get expansion parts, or design and buy individual parts to make your own. Sadly, I only really have renders as I haven't been able to make additional parts for myself. Hoping some contributors can get me some of their builds!