Author Topic: Want to paint metal and have it look real?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
Want to paint metal and have it look real?
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »
Guys and Gals,

I have a good friend I talk to "Almost" daily via phone and sometimes when he comes over to the house form out of town.

He told me about a trick he uses to make his figures POP....

I am talking they are top notch. He makes Colossus look like he is made of real sculpted metal.

Here is the link incase no one seen his tutorial. Hope it at least helps one person.

http://www.kylerobinsoncustoms.com/toysoup/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1366

You are all very very welcome.

Darth Creatine (Jon)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:27:37 PM by Darth Creatine »

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Want to paint metal and have it look real?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
Wow, what a great process. His pics show all there is to do. I bet our customizers here are gonna eat that up. Thanks Jon! I sure hope you tell your friend about this place and thank him for his tutorial! Thank you for sharing this with us. It is all about sharing your tips and tricks to build the ultimate custom.

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
Re: Want to paint metal and have it look real?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
Wow, what a great process. His pics show all there is to do. I bet our customizers here are gonna eat that up. Thanks Jon! I sure hope you tell your friend about this place and thank him for his tutorial! Thank you for sharing this with us. It is all about sharing your tips and tricks to build the ultimate custom.

Tamer,

You ALL are very welcome. He does not do Star Wars and he has his "Favorite" places to post. He does Figure Realm, Toysoup and a few other's. He was happy to share his tutorial over here and wanted me to say it works out well on Colossus and ANY other Metal figures.

BUT you all should take this into consideration:

It is a tutorial on Metal and how to look real. So besides figures you could use it for Diorama's (Pipes, grates, rails, anything metal). Also can you imagine what you could do to some of those Republic Ships/vehicles/speeders/swoops etc....Not to mention all the Battle Droids and Clankers and also the Seperatist fleet).

Thats where it really POPS so to speak.

Guys if anyone uses the tutorial on a ship and or figure please do me a favor. I know you all post in your customs threads btu I sometimes dont get to check them but every week or two depending onmy health. Please PM me a pic also if you dont mind so I can see it to brighten my day and also I forward the pics only no thte text to Fred so he can see what you all created using a tutorial from him. He LOVES seeing your interpretations.

Thanks VERy much guys and gals,

Darfth Creatine

PS: If i can help with anything in anyway please dont hesitate to send me a PM

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon