Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures from 2009-2012  (Read 225606 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Luke Sprywalker Customs
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »
The details on the Quarren really do pop, it just looks so deep with testure. I really dig it.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2010, 05:28:15 AM »
I am currently working on the members of Rogue Squadron and their astromech droids. All of the images below are WIP's.

First up is Tycho Celchu, there is no droid pictured because hasbro made Whistler.

I need to dremel a countersink into his elbows so the forearm will fit properly and repaint the figure.

Second is Nrin Vakil the sad thing is I can't find his arms from the comic pack so I'm kinda stuck unless I go buy another comic pack.

My third Rogue is Ibtisam and her droid.

I may change out her lower legs for something more bulky like the arms are. Then a repaint to finish her off. The droid is made from BAD body and legs with an old R2 dome on top. I am wondering if I should paint all the blue details on the dome black or leave them as is? I will be leaving the blue line on the lower dome where it meets the body. Oh a fuuny note I went with the metalic blue droid as fish are attracted to luers that are similar in color.haha :P

Last and certainly not least is Wedge Antilles.

I need to cut off the static feet and pop on some with articulation then paint and Wedge will be complete. I also just spray painted the droid dome red and the paint is drying.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:07:44 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2010, 05:38:21 AM »
You are on a roll, LE! I had a favorite chose at one point but now I am just loving them all.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2010, 06:54:36 AM »
L.E. Keep up the good work man I would see Darthsinister about getting him to do up a Tunroth head for you, that guy rocks with creating his own head casts and he is more reasonably priced than GTG/TRI-Gate.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Good deal. Hey, I have an R2 leg I am gonna send you and a couple bodies from Atat drivers when I send out our hallmark deal payment. Good stuff. I will try to get it in the mail tomorrow!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
Clint - I guess I am, it is WIP madness around here! I like to pick parts for several customs at a time while I'm in my fodder bins. Then I paint all of them together and it goes a bit faster.

Michael - That is a great idea! I would love to have Tunroth in here along with several more characters I am developing.

Shawn - Thanks buddy, I can use pretty much any BAD part for custom fodder.

Soooo, any thoughts about that R2 dome? Leave as is or paint the rest of the blue details black?

I have also just started working on my entry for the droid contest. It is a style I have never used before and something totally different for me. It will be different to say the least.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
cant wait
hey a name could be r4-p48

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »
Awesome!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2010, 10:18:15 AM »
Great job Luke. These custom Rogue Squadron sets are just outstanding.
My favorite is Ibtisam and her droid.

keep up the good work

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »
No way man! those are all amazing. I'd love to see a group shot with an x wing in the background!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
Thanks guys and Jules, you won't have to wait too long for that shot. I am just assembling several characters at the same time then I will paint all at the same time.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »
I have been working on a Mandolorian for a contest over at GTG forums. My idea was to piece together a Mando with all Joe parts and a rough Western gun slinger crossed with vintage look and paint aps. I have used one of Bobas lower arms, Jango holster and guns and the GM backpack.

Now the question is should I go with the Joe helmet?

or a mando bucket?

What do you think?

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »
damn cool!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »
Looking at both helmets now I am afraid I would say either the Boba Fett Helmet (which as I said  is bog standard) or look for another helmet, as the other Helmet is not saying Mando at all to me, in fact it is saying Rebel Stealth Commando - however everything else looks spot on.

If you are going to go with the Boba Fett Helmet, I presume you are going to match it to the color scheme of the rest of the character you have done, if so do Blue mainly with the green where the red is on it, I think it may give that distinctive look, the other thing I may do to change up that Boba Helmet is if you have one put a different style range finder on the helmet, something like the ROC Breaker gizmo he has on his head, then mod up the helmet with that piece, then it would take away from the instant recognizable Boba Helmet.

But seriously do not use the other Helmet as it either looks like a Diver, or here's an idea don't put a Helmet on him, as he has the Bandanna on his head and looks ok without the Helmet on.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »
That is one totally bad looking figure, LE! I wonder what a mix of a boba helmet with the Mandalore helmet from the evo set would look like?