Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 62581 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Tamer, I went with a different paint scheme on him. When doing the art work I use whatever I can find but creating the figures gives me the freedom to do what I would have done If I could have. Both of these guys got a "face Lift".

Finally Finished!

6" Darth Vereor and his pet Blasko based on classic horror art work that I did years ago. Bella Lugosi's Dracula is the inspiration. The Sith Master has many tricks up his sleeve one of which is a bonded Force link with his pet Nexu. I think I'd rather be choked by Vader.

The Bella Lugosi head sculpt is available and these guys will go up on Ebay in a few days. If interested PM me @ https://www.facebook.com/DarthSinisterCreations

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2018, 02:43:18 AM »
It is just plain cool to see you make a custom set out of this comic cover you did so long ago. I really like it. It would be so cool to have this set and a poster of your comic cover on the wall near it. I do like these homages that you do. I will definitely feature your auction when this goes live; well someone may buy it before then. Anyhow, wow and off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2018, 08:51:44 AM »
Thank you Tamer! I think classic horror and Star Wars villains are a perfect match!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2018, 02:20:56 AM »
Darth Vereor and his pet Blasko look horrifying!! :o I you know what I mean...how did you make the 1/18 scale Nexu look like 1/12 scale? Is the headsculpt scaled up didgitally?

Both look very well! Excellent work, Darth!

- Philipp

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »
Thanks Darth More. A few parts came from the 1/18th version including the tail. It's still bendable. I just lengthened it to scale it up.

The head was hand sculpted. The only parts that came from the 1/18 version are some of the teeth. The head actually gave me a lot of troubles. I wanted to mold it and cast it but I just couldn't get it right. I decided to use the original. I got it on and immediately found that the mouth wouldn't open. I removed a fair amount of material and freed up the jaw so it would open and close.  That's when I realized the weight of the head was just making it. The head weighs about 2.5oz. An entire 6" action figure weighs around 2.9oz. I had to tighten up the front leg joints so he'd stand under the weight. He works great now but it was work to get there.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2018, 01:37:08 AM »
wow
What an outstanding custom project.
Darth Vereor and Blasko are amazing.
Excellent work as always.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
Delving back into the 3-3/4" realm, the gangs all here. I finally did all 8 defenders of Aduba-3. Star Wars Eight For Abuba-3 was the 8th installment of the Star Wars Marvel run. Published in November of 1977, these were the continued adventures of Luke, Han and Leia from A New Hope.

Han and Chewie are hired to put together a group of fighters to go against a ruthless gang called the Cloud Riders.

Chewbacca head swap and repaint.

Han Solo head swap, sculpt and paint work.

Jaxxon and Amaiza, I just did these two in 6". They turned out nice. Almost duplicates of the larger ones.

Original head sculpt, parts swapping, sculpting and paint.

Amaiza is sculpting and paint.

Don-Wan and Hedji.

I imagine if Don was a Jedi (which was left undetermined) his silver armor from the comic would have probably been Clone Trooper armor. Makes sense. He was portrayed very Shakespearean and extremely eccentric.

Parts swap, sculpting and paint. Sharpie marker on the saber blade for his signature yellow blade.

Hedji was a Spiner and supposedly the last of his kind. Custom head sculpt, parts swap and paint.

Jimm Doshun and his farm droid FE-9Q.

Jimm was a hot shot kid who was trying to make a name for himself. Parts swap, sculpting and paint.

FE-9Q was Jimm's farm droid. He protected Jimm and had become a proficient fighter. Parts swap, scratch building, sculpting, casting and paint.

In the comic FE-9Q had extendable arms. I decided to do a take on that by giving him a cluster of implement arms for farming.

Each arm is built from styrene rods, jointed too.

A fun group of characters and a fun story. The actual basis for the Aduba run was the western "The Magnificent Seven".

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2018, 06:50:39 AM »
Wow! Wow! Wow!

I like all of these. The sculpting is great! Let me go share this while I try to leave some better comments later.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2018, 07:00:39 AM »
Thank you Tamer!! The work bench is clean and ready for the next project. Haven't decided what yet, but I'm leaning outside of Star Wars. We'll see.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2018, 07:15:46 AM »
Here's some WIP pics. A really good documentation on FE-9Q's styrene implement arms. Hope y'all find this useful.

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
Sweet customs , bro! Love the Jaxxon !  Topps

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2018, 08:46:24 AM »
That droid is all kinds of awesome. Let me go share some of this update too.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »
Thanks Tamer. The original T-1 base I used had an opening in the front. You can see it in this pic...

That didn't look Star Wars to me, so when I began gluing small parts to it I decided to fill the cavity with a half cast of an Astromech can. That's what you see here...

His body is also removable from the tank base.