Imperial Creative Engineering > Models, Scratch Builds, and Miscellaneous

Clonehead's non Star Wars customs

(1/7) > >>

Clonehead:
I thought that I should start a thread where I could show you yarders some pics of the non-SW plastic and die-cast model kits that I have put together over the years.
  I'll start off with this, an AMT 1/25th scale 67 Chevell pro-street that I built several years ago.
I have made several light modifications to the body including, shaving off the door handles, badges, and body trim. I also added a rolled rear pan from another kit. I painted the body with an airbrush and used some bare metal foil to dress up the remaining body trim around the windows. The front licence plate got a photo-etched plate frame.
I added an aftermarket tach with a photo-etched bezel and a set of etched keys to the dash. Under the car, I added braided brake lines, turned aluminum fittings, and photo-etched discs to the rear brakes. I ran a braided fuel line from the fuel tank to the fuel pump, and I wired the starter. Under the hood, I wired the battery, ran heater hoses,scratchbuilt and wired a coil,wired and fabbed a bracket for the alternator,fabbed and mounted fuel lines with aluminum fittings from the fuel pump to the two carberators, fabbed a throttle return spring and cable for the carbs, added two turned aluminum air cleaners, ran spark plug wires from the distributer to the block with scratchbuilt sparkplug boots, fabbed and mounted nickle hose clamps on the radiator hoses, and ran a pair of guage wires from the block to the firewall.

Clonehead:
Now some shots of the fun stuff.

Clonehead:
Today, I took some pics of a 1/24th scale motor that came from a Monogram 39 Chevy kit.
  It's a Chevy 327 that got dressed up with sparkplug wires and boots that have 3 photoetched wire looms on each side that are to small to see. I scratchbuilt a dipstick for the oil pan. I scratchbuilt a fuel log and fuel lines with fittings to the carberators. I ran an aftermarket braided fuel line with an aluminum fitting from the fuel pump to the fuel log. I modded a suspension piece to become the alternators bracket. I fabbed two throttle return springs and mounted them to the carbs using two photo-etched throttle return arms. And I used two photo-etched speaker grills to serve as filters in the velocity stacks.
  The plan was to mount this motor in another kit but it hasn't happened, yet.

Clonehead:
Seems like I am getting too close on these shots and their turning out a bit fuzzy. here is another.

Tamer:
Yet again the detail is amazing. Good idear for a thread too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version