Imperial Creative Engineering > Models, Scratch Builds, and Miscellaneous

(1/6) > >>

StenHunter:
Ok, next project! This will either be a straight up repaint to match the movie, or have a slight "sw" theme applied. It's WAY to early in the process.

The AMP Suit from the movie Avatar.

I've attached what I'll be working off of, which is a scaled model from the movie.  I hope to achieve the level of detail with the mud and dirt in the lower leg area. We'll see how it comes out.

StenHunter:
I primed the toy last night, and I'm debating if I should go with the dark green of the statue, or to use Hobgoblin Grey. I think the grey would really make it look nice, but I am fighting the need to keep it movie accurate...

thoughts?

Clonehead:
Grey with some weathering would look cool. I am excited to see your progress on this one. That movie is going to be cool.

StenHunter:
I painted the hip assembly at lunch today and it came out great. I'll paint one of the arms tonight and take a pic so you can see before and after shots.

So far so good! However, I'm kind of mad at myself for not adding some grebbles and bits to it.  oh well, Movie stock accurate it is then and  a straight up repaint only.

StenHunter:
Ok, update for today. So far I have both legs, the hips and one arm primed and painted. The remaining torso and left are remain just primed.

Here is a comparison shot of a primed leg, with a painted leg and a link to my WIP gallery.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mypronmedia/AMPSuitTheAvatarMovie#

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version