Author Topic: Recon's Customs  (Read 11214 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Recon's Customs
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »
Well I guess it's time I started adding some items here. I lost 99% of my pics when my old HD crashed but I will slowly retake and see if I can recover some others.

Here are a few pics of my scratch built swamp speeder. I still am not finished as once it was initially done I decided I could do better so I took it apart and started adding more details. Some can be seen in teh last few shots of the work in progress. Enjoy

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Recon's Customs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »
Few shots with added decking

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:27:58 PM »
I remember this one Wayne. Very awsome job there buddy. What did you make this out of? The detail and scale is fantastic!
  That smaller version that you are using as a guide, is that a titanium or a SW minuitures item?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »
OH Man! I was hoping to see some more shots of this. This is an awesome piece of sculpting. Wayne just built it from scratch! Now if I could only get him to build me a full scale walker or McQaurrie concept walker! I wish I had those types of skills!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:53:18 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:03:04 AM »
Really impressive !
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »
I have to admit this is sweet, nice work my man.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »
For this being scrach built,  you did a  fantastic job!! 8)
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »
It all started as a pience of 1/4 plywood, water bottles, bondo and old parts :)

I started redoing it as I know I can do more detail but when it was originally built it was for a customs contest and I didn't have the time to stick into it. Now I do so I hope to really shape it up the way I want,

It started as a plywood base, I came up with the dimensions based on the titanium ship and a couple of SW refrence pics and I based them off a 6 foot clone trooper for ease of scale. The seats are from the vintage GI Joe Fang, while an old AMT millennium falcon was cut up for the deck plates. The shields were formed from foam balls quartered and coated with bondo and sanded and hollowed to size. The engine is a combination of water bottles, and sheet styrene and an old hand vac motor. The laser cannons are dart shafts. The edge is 3/4 pvc water line with 2 rafts from the elite force line carved up.

Right now it is 75% taken apart for it's redo and hopefully I will have some free time this winter to finish it up, The one draw back to me redoing my basement was I lost my winter work space. I have to much stuff in the works in my garage to do it out there.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 05:37:43 PM »
That's simpily an amazing recipe of materiels that you used for this stunning custom. Hats off to you Wayne. You have got to get that basement workshop back together so you can crank out some more awsome goodies like this!
  You show great talent and inginuity with this one, buddy.
Tamer, I believe that Wayne is your best bet for a McQuarrie walker.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »
You ain't a kidding Clint. He just takes a reference pic and fabricates it. He is like Orange Country Choppers applied to Star Wars. You know what I would like to see? Our Sarge, Customcloner, and Clonehead doing a project together. It is just simply amazing what you guys have come up with. I wish I could pay you guys to come to my place to make a few of the things I want. I don't know how Hasbro hasn't seen something like this and contacted you guys to be on the payroll!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:57:31 PM »
You ain't a kidding Clint. He just takes a reference pic and fabricates it. He is like Orange Country Choppers applied to Star Wars. You know what I would like to see? Our Sarge, Customcloner, and Clonehead doing a project together. It is just simply amazing what you guys have come up with. I wish I could pay you guys to come to my place to make a few of the things I want. I don't know how Hasbro hasn't seen something like this and contacted you guys to be on the payroll!
  I'm sure that they have seen it. There has got to be a person in the research dept that surfs for SW customs. 
  Wayne, what else have you been hiding from us?

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »
awesome job! I really like the scale and the items used to create it were a great find!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »
Thanks all for the comments,  I have a few more hidden away, I normally didn't show to many customs for whatever reason so I went down in teh basement and pulled out a couple more.

The first is just a simple repaint of the A-wing. When I saw thr blue titanium version I had to repaint a POTF one to match. The lighting doesn't show it off the best so teh last pic is a close up of the detail I tried to do, I wanted a pock marked or pitted look and the paint lines are cleaner than they appear in the first 2 pics ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
Next again is  asimple repaint of the 12" hasbro clone trooper into a 501st trooper. The hardest part was getting the damn red insignias off, that took alot of Q-tips and paint thinner. I just taped it off and airbrushed the blue, I am pickey about brush strokes so I mainly just air brush, then I just bry brushed some dirt and stuck it back in the box.

I have some more I will share when I can get some time to dig them out and snap some pics. I really need to get my butt in gear and get some new stuff out.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
Nice job on that A-wing. I can see what you are talking about with the close up shot.
  I really like that 12 inch 501st clone! He turned out great. I will have to find the pics of the 12 inch shock trooper that I did.