Author Topic: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 1-16-2024 Custom TESB BOBA FETT  (Read 47283 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
Welcome back! Great to see you posting again! I love all of these latest additions! I am trying to take all of this in but my brain is on overload! haha I am quite jealous of your Cantina diorama, I really want one. I love your Rebel Pilots and collect/customize/army build them as well. Then the Rebel Pilots, great diversity with those! I am a fan for sure and will be looking thru your thread again when I assemble Green Squadron and others.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »
amazing stuff, man, really amazing... !

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »
Welcome back! Great to see you posting again! I love all of these latest additions! I am trying to take all of this in but my brain is on overload! haha I am quite jealous of your Cantina diorama, I really want one. I love your Rebel Pilots and collect/customize/army build them as well. Then the Rebel Pilots, great diversity with those! I am a fan for sure and will be looking thru your thread again when I assemble Green Squadron and others.

Spry,

It's interesting you would mention the Cantina diorama. It's actually just one side i.e. 2 alcoves. I've got plans to make another side (2 alcoves) and the main floor with fake backdrop, but like a lot of things it's been on the back burner. This diorama has actually sustained some damage to the plaster I used to make the texture, so I'm looking into molding the face of this diorama and actually pouring a cast resin of it, and then making the arched alcoves from 5" or 6" PVC pipe. It really depends upon how much it will cost, but I'd much rather have a plastic/resin cast of my favorite scene(s) in the entire Star Wars universe. Thanks for the great comments.

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »
What a great update. I will have you know I had a heck of a time picking a front page news story picture because I liked them all so well.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
GREAT customs!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to post them and share with us.

Also just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS for your website.  Your hard work on all those Cantina details is really great for Cantina junkies like myself.  I look at least once a week to get my Cantina fix.  I plan on using your floorplan for my own diorama within the next year or two.  Again, thanks so much for all your hard work.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
GREAT customs!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to post them and share with us.

Also just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS for your website.  Your hard work on all those Cantina details is really great for Cantina junkies like myself.  I look at least once a week to get my Cantina fix.  I plan on using your floorplan for my own diorama within the next year or two.  Again, thanks so much for all your hard work.

Hey thanks for the shout out for the Website. My goal this summer is to revamp that site. I've got more pictures and info that I need to update it with. Also going to make the site strictly about the Cantina: custom cantina figures, stock cantina figures, dioramas, etc.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
And speaking of the Cantina, here is my final entry for the Cantina Denizens Yakfinities contest over at Yakface.com

Head - Black Widow (Marvel)
Chest - Ms. Marvel (Marvel)
Torso - Cover Girl (GIJOE ROC)
Arms/Legs - Scarlet (GIJOE ROC)
Garter - Nikto (Sail Barge)
Hair - Sculpey

Jason

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 08:28:51 PM »
Well done!! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
Wow, wish we could get Hasbro to release the Tonnika Sisters. Till then, I have to but marvel at those that can make them spot on like this one.

Awesome work. I gave your webiste a shout out too. I plan on getting into it in detail when I get a spare moment. Back on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
Nice work, now just one more to do!

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »
Nice Tonnika!  That looks great!

Also great to hear about the site re-vamp... there is a lot of info and lists out there about stock cantina figures, that great thread at RS and a few others online, but I know you'd do a great job on taking it "next level" and add in some gallery shots of customs.  good luck!

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
Nice Tonnika!  That looks great!

Also great to hear about the site re-vamp... there is a lot of info and lists out there about stock cantina figures, that great thread at RS and a few others online, but I know you'd do a great job on taking it "next level" and add in some gallery shots of customs.  good luck!

Yeah, and I've already gotten Dan Curto's permission to use one (1) each of his stock photos of the Hasbro/Kenner figures.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »
R4-M9 is my all time favorite droid from the Star Wars saga. I was really excited years ago when Hasbro released the POTJ R4-M9, but I totally disagreed that the color scheme was correct. Plus fast forward to 2012, that old POTJ sculpt REALLY needs an updating, and NOT simply a B.A.D. repaint. So, I took the POTJ Head, added it to the ROTJ R2-D2 body, with Hoth (sensor-scope) R2 legs. I used the mechanics from a B.A.D. to make the head fit the body. Below you can see a comparison photo between the custom, a B.A.D. sculpt & ROTJ R2, plus another picture with the Disney R4-M9. I would love to see Hasbro update this droid!.

Jason

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
stupendously good job!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline botwt