Author Topic: Custom figs.- customcloner  (Read 11259 times)

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
Re: Custom figs.- customcloner
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »
I was wondering if you still had your store going. You havent even been selling any more helmet or castings of other parts?
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:16 PM »
I was wondering if you still had your store going. You havent even been selling any more helmet or castings of other parts?
Yes, the store is still there barely chugging along. I kind of lost interest in it and haven't been feeding it any.
  Like I told Tamer the other day, to make any internet venture grow, you have to keep feeding it with cool and interesting stuff. I sell the odd store listing item every once and a while and haven't sold any resin parts sets in a couple of months.
 I haven't listed anything new in a long time and haven't even made an auction for my latest round of new parts yet. I am tired of the ever changing rules and policys of ebay and the only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription to the store is because I have so much inventory still, that needs to be somewhere else other than in my basement.
  On Ebay, with a store, the more new, cool, and interesting stuff that you list, the more traffic your store gets, and the more sales that you have.
  There was a time when I got as many page views within the various pages of my store that we get here at the Shipyards. And with that much traffic, I would sell something every day or so.
  I told you once that as an experiment to build store traffic, I made and listed my first custom clone and the response was so great that I kept doing it and fell into love with the hobby. That's how I got into making customs.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »
Ok! Been gone awile...And havent done any custome in that time.
So Being Im rusty Iv been trying to knock one out to get back in the swing of things. Here is onw Iv been working on the last three days off and on!
WARNING!! IM RUSTY!! lol

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2009, 05:40:07 PM »
looks good to me!  it might just me but I think he could use a splash of red on his midsection... it just looks like it's lacking there. i know that you probably want to keep it to the original color scheme but some originality never hurt nuthin. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »
Look at you, John, you are making customs again! Looks good to me, buddy! I love legacy versions of clone wars clones!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »
Where's the rust? Looks awesome to me John. Man, don't we all wish hasbro would make us some Legacy Clones like this.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »
Ok, *I* want the recipie for the helmet.  That looks REALLY close to something I was trying to firgure out how to pull off.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
Are you using Tester's enamel coating for these paint jobs?

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »
Still need some paint touch-ups and on the belt I still have to put some black in the grooves where I cut with a exacto. I used Clints idea for the belt on his Fox figure. As for the helmet visor I used the white build a droid plastic and cut and super glued it, another trick borrowed from Clints Fox..I just wanted to get some picks up of what Im working on. The paint Im using testers flat. The red has a bit of gloss look from the blue I used to mix with it was, I only had that blue in gloss. When Im done I usually do put a clear coat of testers flat clear. That clear is good for getting rid of the gloss and keeps dust from sticking to it if not behind glass. Will post finished pics. soon. Im happy with the way it came out but the face on the helmet could of been closer..."just didnt get it close enough" I think. :-\
Thanks for the input and complements, guys!! Its Good to be back!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »
Buddy, that visor turned out great. It looked so factory to me that I didn't even notice it at first. That seemed like kind of a pain when I did it on my Fox. Was it a pain for you?
  now that I have a cw Cody mold, I will just cut that from a casting if I need that visor again.
It's good to have you back buddy. Feel free to borrow any ideas that you like of mine. That's what I'm here for.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:51:22 PM by Clonehead »

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2009, 03:09:56 PM »
The visor only gave me a problem with holding the small pieces to glue! Actually the front of the belt gave me more problem, I was cutting the grooves too deep that I had to make the front piece twice. I will have to say that idea for he belt was genius. First I tried making the belt all out of the white plastic, but yours just looked better so had to go with it instead! I always casted and cut the original Cody visor off for other customs, this one gives a different look.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
Oh!, DocOutland if you want step by step on the visor... Go to Cloneheads custom thread and I think on the 18 - 20 page he shows how it is done!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »
Ty, buddy! For the belt, I haven't tried it yet but I have bought some styrene strips that are the right width to do clone belts from in the future. Yep just a shallow score with the exacto is all you need.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 03:57:43 PM »
Thankee, I'll give it a look when I'm ready to tackle that project, for sure!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2009, 07:17:44 PM »
The paint Im using testers flat. The red has a bit of gloss look from the blue I used to mix with it was, I only had that blue in gloss. When Im done I usually do put a clear coat of testers flat clear. That clear is good for getting rid of the gloss and keeps dust from sticking to it if not behind glass.

I've heard some customizers say that enamel never fully sets when used on the type of plastic used for Star Wars figures.  But in your experience, you've never had the enamel remain sticky?