Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 54004 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
Well everything hit today. My wally world finally had everything in. All vintage figs were taken home plus the cloud car. I got excited and made the drive to the closests toysrus and scored a walker. Target had the bps, galactic heroes walker, more figs, my snowspeeder. K-Mart, which has always been awful, actually had new figs and the Jodo Kast. I picked up the Kast. I even got a few more snowtroops and bobas and atat commanders. I figure I now have all the pops I need for my mail away boba. I wouldn't mind one more though. Anyway, my drought is over. Daggone it was nice to find some goodies as I would have hated to not have this done before CV.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2010, 04:34:11 PM »
Well its been almost a month since my last find and I am happy to report that I am starting to see the Silver Foil figures starting to show up. I am pretty sure for me it was just the second ROTS vintage case that came out as there was Boba, Bespin Luke, ROTS clone trooper, and Obi Pilot that was there. I didn't see any of the others.  I think I just need the Han and Vader now and all the silver foils I want will be done. I have the silver foil clone trooper up for trade for either the Han or the Darth Vader if anyone finds one of those and wants the clonetrooper. Ofcourse this one is as momc as it gets so please make sure the one I need is too. I know I am a bit anal when it comes to card condition amongst a sea of openers, so please forgive me.

They hads lots of everything else too. Camo arf trooper, Aura Sing, etc of the Clone Wars and most of the dlx sets too I think. I saw holocron hiest and another Hoth bp too. They have RC halifire droids and most of the other regular ships except for the snowspeeder. I might try to go to my larger one here tomorrow if I don't try boxing up what collection I have left.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2010, 06:21:34 AM »
Well, I went out to do some Xmas shopping with the wife yesterday as next week will be my annual hunting week so I will be in and out not as much, but I went to a discount warehouse called Ollie's and found a ton of aftermarket toys.

They have all of the Avatar vehicles and figures with the mechs at 13 bucks and the gunships at I think 14 dollars. I knew some good SW customs were made from those.

I also saw a few SW items like the coin vader darth vader album for eight bucks and some of the mightly muggs for six dollars. They also had some titanium ships at four bucks and had cloud cars, the virago, the hounds tooth, the rebel troop transport, and clone wars Ywings along with some ROTLArk ones too.

The biggest thing I saw was the GI Joe figures that came out before ROC at three bucks a figure. They had tons of em. I mean tons. There was also an exclusive walmart snake eyes vs. Storm shadow set that looked cool too and they had a really nice looking vinyl cased twelve inch baroness at a really cheap price too. I wasn't up on the original prices, but think they are a good bit lower. They also had the terminator salvation figures at two bucks a figure and star trek figures in the same scale at that price or lower too. The customs guys in here would really have hauled away tons of stuff as all of the figs were there.

If you have an Ollie's near you go check it out. I also was able to find the tie bomber at two walmarts yesteray, the at-rt with boil deluxe packs, and I saw the silver foil anakin skywalker and some codys that I passed on.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2010, 06:42:39 AM »
That ollie's sounded pretty cool. I may have to see if I have one of those here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »
That ollie's sounded pretty cool. I may have to see if I have one of those here.

They had a ton of stuff customisers would be interested in.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »
I may have to check Ollie's, as well.  It's right down the street from my local Wal-Mart.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2011, 04:06:09 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen any Star Wars at Ollie's.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2011, 06:27:01 AM »
Found the new Wal-Mart CW DVD 2 Packs, but didn't buy them.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2011, 06:45:26 AM »
Hey Rune, good to hear from you. Are these the Malevolence packs? If so, I found em too last weekend, but they didn't rock my world so to speak as I am not a TCW fella. I couldn't find a single new Vintage figure other than Gree and the 212th trooper. I was glad to see that his paint job, at least from what I could see on the package, didn't look as horrible as some I have seen.

I am having a horrible time finding any Joe figures now that daggone Lucasclones showed me that Longshot and Clint showed me the ones he bought. I am also looking for the Mando with speederbike, but about the only good ones I am seeing are the AT-RT ones. I am also waiting to see the new Thor line which looks promising for SW custom fodder.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
No the Geonosis packs, one is Obi-Wan and Battle Droid, the other is Anakin & Heavy Assault Super Battle Droid.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
I bet my wallyworld are trying to put out old product and sell it for new prices. They are probably mixing just a bit of the new product with all of those old dvd packs. Gonna have to check that out this week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
We had a snow day on Monday so I stopped by my smaller wally world and they had something new. This is the first time I have seen this one. The box was beat to heck as the pictures will show.

They had more of what I am calling the ANH Wave with the R5 astromech and Deathstar Luke and the Gree. Still no Jangos or Joe figs daggone it.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2011, 04:57:56 AM »
Oh man !the jedi turbo speeder, dang! You yanks are lucky !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2011, 05:39:52 AM »
HA!  Why is Tamer in the girls doll aisle?  LOL!  So, I guess the question is, did you actually pick that up, or leave it due to box condition?  Did that last contest turn you into a closet toy-opener?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:38 AM »
HA!  Why is Tamer in the girls doll aisle?  LOL!  So, I guess the question is, did you actually pick that up, or leave it due to box condition?  Did that last contest turn you into a closet toy-opener?

LOL. To be honest I had to sneak this puppy off the SW aisle as the toy stocker was eyeballing me wierd and as my little gal spends her time in said aisles she wanted to take the picture once she found out what I was doing.  She did pretty good. She also shot the last tube video for me, not bad for a four year old! I am trying to get her hooked into this hobby every little way I can.

I did set it back in the SW Section after this pic. It might still be there. Does anyone want it beat up like that? Twenty six bucks is the going rates on the SW vehicles now. It was there with the hyena bomber.