Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 53917 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
Well I did finally see the Awing and gunship today. the Awing was an easy pass, but thank the maker the gunships were horribly creased and dinged. I don't think I could have passed otherwise. No sign of the newer waves of figs though. Man there are plenty of the Indy 3 packs out there too. I also am seeing plenty of HISS tanks Phatty!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2008, 12:44:15 PM »
Yeah, I've been seeing the HISS tank a lot recently, along with the Rattler and Conquest, all of which are hard to pass up!  I still haven't opened my Gunship yet, but mostly because my SW room is completely in disarray until my walls and carpet get repaired by the Insurance!  Get that Gunship Tamer!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »
I do like my gunships Pat. I will probably come home with one if the box condition is right.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »
Well my first report in a bit since I changed my collecting focus.  Over the holidays I have been in my local walmart and am seeing a few of the latest clone wars offerings in ventress and the iggy looking fig. I also almost picked up the Endor BP, but the package was in horrible condition. I liked the looks fo the monastery BP too, but the clone figs just ain't doing it for me. They also had yoda and falcon sleds. Anyone who lives in snow land, has some type of hill, has gotta get at least the falcon. It really looks like it oughtta go pretty good too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »
Well I finally went by the pegs again and saw they were down to just a few figures, mainly Yarna and Saga Legends Plo Kloons for some reason, but not many of them. I did see the new Obi Wan JSF that breaks apart and that looked pretty good. Still it wasn't my TESB focus and the box was dinged up a bit so I put it back.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2009, 05:58:13 PM »
Well I just got back from wally world. Nothing much of note, a few clone wars figures on the pges with some sage legends. The BARC trooper looked good with that big ole gun. I did see the new Vos Faie comic pack and boy are those comic packs getting expensive. These used to be a pretty good deal for two figs, but not anymore it seems. There were lots of CW Annie's JSF and Obi wan JSF, blue one and newer ones that splits into two parts. I also saw Jabba's dancers and band pack on clearance for nine bucks, which still seemed to much to me.  They still had two revell snap tite vader's ties for nine bucks too. They way Clint is reviewing models I almost bought one.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »
I may need to check my SW kit inventory and see if I need one of those Ties, Shawn. $9 isnt bad considering what kits cost nowadays.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2009, 06:14:51 PM »
I may need to check my SW kit inventory and see if I need one of those Ties, Shawn. $9 isnt bad considering what kits cost nowadays.

they still had two!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »

they still had two!
Nah, I had better skip it. I still have a large AMT brand flight display Vader's tie to build, one of these days.
That's another collection for me to display, My stack of unbuilt SW model kits.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »

they still had two!
Nah, I had better skip it. I still have a large AMT brand flight display Vader's tie to build, one of these days.
That's another collection for me to display, My stack of unbuilt SW model kits.

Now that sounds like something I would like to see too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »
Well the hunt is on for the ESB wave, but I have come up empty so far. I did see Wave 5 Legacy finally hit my home and cloer wally world. Still didn't see the new ships. They did have some new comic packs with the Bothan and that looked pretty cool. Lots of mighty muggs or whatever you call em. The Han didn't look too bad. I also saw some neat SW posters, the same ones that Clint showed us or described. I really liked that one with the faces. Wish they would do one like that with all imperials in it. I think they have a similar one with vehicles I would like to find. Lots of Wolverine figs on the pegs. I finally saw some Marvel Figs too, the Powerfist and Cyclops. There were lots of X-Men Movie Wolverine Figs too of all kinds and a kind of cartoony looking series too. Wow, they are making a ton of figs of him right now.

All in all the only thing I came home with were two paperbacks; a Halo book and a Terminator Salvation Prequel book. I figure Serg might have that one.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
I will join you in the hunt for the new ships and the ESB wave, this weekend, buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:47 AM »
Well I didn't see anything new hit my wally world this weekend. I was in there twice with no luck both times. Just Legacy Wave 5.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »
Well I havent seen much since the ESB Legacy wave at my smaller walmart. I hit my bigger one this past weekend and it only had the previous Legacy Wave and some Saga legends. I should have picked up that legends snowtroop I saw. It was the first one I have seen on the pegs. There were lots of aotc clones, the only color I didn't see was blue. They had that Yellow big gun shooting clontrooper too.  I havent seen a new ship on the shelves in awhile. There were just a few of the new obi wan aotc jsfers.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
I will scout the branson target and wal mart stores for the new ships, this weekend.