Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 53914 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2009, 05:17:53 PM »
tamer im glad your ok, that sounded like one seriously dodgy trip mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »
tamer im glad your ok, that sounded like one seriously dodgy trip mate

I have never seen so many accidents in such a short time span and being so helpless to do anything about it. It was just too icy to get any help to them. The ambulances were wrecking into things. I know one thing, there needs to be ambulances that have better suspension and four wheel drive with a plow and some salt systems on em.  When the snowplows with salt spreaders showed up the damage was over. They had the roads ready in about a few minutes.  I just hope those folks lived. Ole Pat would have been busy there today if he could have gotten to them. I sure don't put anything past EMTs. They have a hard job. The ones I saw in action today were something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2009, 01:45:22 PM »
Well I was finally able to bring home two figures from the ESB wave today those being Luke Skywalker pilot and Willrow Hood. I also saw the bespin security guard and that concept snowtrooper, but they were on such mangled cards I left em. I sure did look hard through the rest of the pegs to see if I could find anymore, but once again I was a step behind. The sad thing is my local walmart has bumped figure price back up to 7.64. It was at least nice to see some newer figs at my closer walmart. I am gonna be able to visit another rural walmart tomorrow so I hope to score a few more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2009, 01:56:44 PM »
Good to hear that you found something new, buddy. I still havent seen that snowspeeder Luke.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2009, 02:00:38 PM »
Good to hear that you found something new, buddy. I still havent seen that snowspeeder Luke.

He is easily the best pilot luke I have seen. I will keep my eyes peeled for another as I know you don't care about card condition. I was so hoping the rest of the wave would have been there, but something is better than nothing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
Well my local Wal-Mart looks like heck. I had to repack what basic figures there were and there wasn't any sign of the new ESB wave there. I did see Cad Bane, but most were legends and even older blue cards. I even saw a first issue Yarna. There were some O droids and Ywings, but I couldnt find a daggone scan thing so I could check the price on those. I did venture into the lawn and garden under roof section and saw some toys on clearance. The only SW items were the evolution pilot sets, both the Imperial and Rebel versions and I just couldn't pass em up anymore. I did see a Joe Night Raven on clearance from 40 to 20 bucks, but not much else of note other than that imaginenext ultrasauras on sale for half off. My little gal came home with one of those earlier in the week. She loves it. It is kinda neat with all the walking, roaring, and led lighting up. Makes me wonder why we can get a SW vehicle like that.

The sad thing is all those toy boxes in the outside tarp roof section at that walmart are still there. Lord knows what water damage is being done to them and there were too many employees running around for me to do anything other than reconfirm they were still there. I don't know what they plan to do with em. I guess they will send em somewhere else? My basic figure pegs are down to just three pegs wide. I am gonna go to my bigger, better one tomorrow so I hope to find better stuff there. I so hope I don't see that turbo tank on sale for fifty bucks. I just want the esb wave and I can stop looking for a bit.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »
Well, I told my tale on the new purchases thread, but the new ESB wave was crushed as they stacked the packs one on top of the other. Major bummer. I did see some newer CW smaller unleashed battlepacks. They looked pretty cool. Wish I had picked up the Hoth ones I had seen a few years ago in this line. They had tons of the newer waves, just tons. There was a center display aisle covered in figs, the pegs were 10 rows deep covered in figs, there were the crushed waves behind em and one aisle over. Tons of carded figs on the pegs. I have a feeling these will go clearance they have so many. Otherwise I will not see any newer waves there till next Xmas.

I ddin't see any clearance SW other than the at-st's, but they were still maked at 43 dollars so no clearance. I did see they were getting ready to move all the clearance toys to a new section and there were tons of aisles for em. Who knows what that will turn up.

I did see the Joe big ole command center on clearance for half off. If I was a customizer I could see turning that bad boy into a SW playset and vehicle easily.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »
New CW Unleashed Battle Packs? I haven't seen those. You may have to take some pics for us, next time, buddy.

And yes, I did pick up all of the Hothy ones from a few years ago.Some of em are still minty, TEE HEE

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2010, 04:08:34 AM »
New CW Unleashed Battle Packs? I haven't seen those. You may have to take some pics for us, next time, buddy.

And yes, I did pick up all of the Hothy ones from a few years ago.Some of em are still minty, TEE HEE

As soon as I finish my AF lineup I will try to find these and may look for them if I remember once I hit the bay. Ofcourse if you want to sell all of yours that are minty to me, well who am I to argue.

I will try to take some pics if I get back down there. It looked to me like CW Obi Wan in armor with cc and clonetroopers and droids. It was pretty long. Kinda reminded me of the packaging of that SDCC Vader with Holo Emp. a few years back.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2010, 01:46:18 PM »
I went to my local walmart last night to buy some groceries and ofcourse went by the SW aisle. They had a CW wave out that had Gree and Ahsoka in it whatever wave that was. That Gree looks pretty good. Thank the maker they are CW figs cause if they were full size Legacy I would have grabbed em up.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »
I went to my local walmart last night to buy some groceries and ofcourse went by the SW aisle. They had a CW wave out that had Gree and Ahsoka in it whatever wave that was. That Gree looks pretty good. Thank the maker they are CW figs cause if they were full size Legacy I would have grabbed em up.

Keep your eyes peeled for the latest wave of TCW deluxe vehicle/fig packs...they have spotted in Iowa, Minnesota, and St Louis recently, so they are slowly starting to hit.

I went to all 7 Walmarts here in the Richmond area the past 2 days and nada. Of course, today we are completely snowed in under 11 inches of the white stuff, so no hunts for awhile here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2010, 08:06:04 AM »
Let me know which ones I need to look for and perhaps I can hook you up as I am no CW collector.  I am assuming your are talking about the at-rt and the like so I will start looking. We got some snow here too so no travel today.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2010, 07:22:35 AM »
Let me know which ones I need to look for and perhaps I can hook you up as I am no CW collector.  I am assuming your are talking about the at-rt and the like so I will start looking. We got some snow here too so no travel today.

Yep, AT-RT, new BARC, and the Sport Skiff are all in the latest wave.

I'm not really looking for an assist with the purchase, I'm just keen to know when they are spotted since we are so close geographically. :)

Thanks brother!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2010, 07:45:36 AM »
Well I hit my local walmart the past couple days and there is nothing on the pegs, just a few first day of issue Yarnas and the like. I hope we get restocked soon. It sure ain't figures clogging the pegs.

There are some evolution pilot packs still on clearance at 13 bucks, but I have em already.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »
Well I hit my bigger wally world today and came up empty. I did see one mangled black wing city guard and a wilrow hood, but nothing really of any note. No sign of the new CW dlx vhcles either.