Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 53912 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »
Good deal, but I don't mind helping out if you want.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »
Well, I guess I am gonna have to venture up to the bigger walmart about 45 minutes away as my local one has all thier toys stacked up the cieling in boxes in the lawn and garden center. I see tons of em say SW too. The pegs don't have squat! There are tons of old vehicles and figs and I bet they don't open a single new box. I am gonna go talk with the managar mid week if I still seem em stacked like that. Geesh!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
Here is the toy section at my local walmart in the daggone lawn and garden center!

One thing I noticed over the summer as they left all the clearance toys out there was that there were about five or so V-19 Torrent Lego SF and they had extensive water damage. I was gonna ask about getting them at better than thier clearance price (40 dollars). Low and behold today they were back in the main Lego Section at the regular price, water damage and all. Needless to say none of the new toys saw thier boxes opened today. It was way to busy for me to go find the manager. I just took a quick pic and want and got a cheeseburger.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2009, 07:07:53 AM »
That's a shame and poor management, all of that is potentially lost revenue,

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
That seems excessive for a black Friday stock up. Too bad that Walmart doesn't have the dcpi option like target.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »
Well, I ventured to my larger store after the snow melted a bit and see my Saturday run, if the weather had cooperated, would probably have netted me my ESB wave. There were tons of new figs all over the place including that new Cody and I saw the ROTJ wave plus so many CW figs they were sitting out on a big pallet in the aisle with another pallet full of legends figs. I only saw one Bespin Security figure on a bent card so I left it. Major bummer. I might need some help guys.

I did see every new bp out there including that Rishi Moon BP everyone was talking about. I agree with Pat, the Gelagrub looks like heck imo. It was nice to see that Endor one though. Still, the highlight of the trip had to be my 3 year old daughter commenting on the jedi training on Degobah when she said, "Daddy, thats not Darth Vader". Ofcourse it was Vader so I asked her why and she said that Vader has a red lightsaber and this one didn't look red to her. Daggone, I think I am winning the SW battle. I must admit a tear did come to the ole Tamer's eye to see that my daughter knows the correct saber for a figure. Hasbro, if she can do it, why can't you?

So, nothing new, but it looks like snow and ice again tomorrow. Everyone was in wally world buying up the tp and bread. That is the best forecaster there is. I hope to try a bigger run to VA this weekend, but who knows what the weather will do. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2009, 04:13:15 PM »
Well its official, I am gonna need some help on the ESB wave. I went on a larger run to toysrus all the way to VA and didn't bring home a new figure. The only new one I did see was a McIggy and he was all torn up. It was a major bummer. I almost bought one of the target big wing ties, but the boxes were pretty screwed up. I went to Target to try my luck and came home with a fabriche Yoda and couldn't find the tree topper. Oh, I did come home with the new Imperial Commando novel though.  Thats a lot of driving for a book and an xmas ornament though.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
The Yoda topper is cool,  If you want one I can check locally, my Target had 2 last week,  I assume you will open this one thought right ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2009, 04:36:35 PM »
The Yoda topper is cool,  If you want one I can check locally, my Target had 2 last week,  I assume you will open this one thought right ;)

LOL. Yeah, my little gal was excited to look for one when we went. This one will replace our less than great star we have now. Thanks for looking.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »
I just wanted to be sure, cause the boxes on these are not minty, they had shelf wear,   I'll head over Monday and see.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »
I will keep my eyes peeled buddy. I went to a super target yesterday but all they had was parts of the slave liea wave. I seen a wing guard at walmart the other day but he wasn't minty enough.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »
Thanks Clint. Looks like I gotta take another run early tomorrow am to find a my little pony amusement park so who knows maybe I will get lucky. I have to head to  Altoona, PA to a toysrus that is the only place in three hours with it, if they still have it as they won't set the daggone thing back so I can be sure to get it. Oh well, I would go through hell for my little gal so I can go on a wild goosechase if need be. Ofcoures momma is stronly encouraging me to go to so I will see if there are anly walmarts or targets near and see what they have. It really is a lousy time to try and find toys if you think about it.  I am gonna needs lots of help on this one I know.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »
Ok, I think I am calmed down enough now to write about my Altoona, PA trip. Well, my little girl wants a my little pony amusement park which is a toysrus exclusive so we went to our closest store yesterday only to find out they didn't have any more and they had tons of em just a few months ago. Anyhow, my wife gets on the phone and calls every toysrus in the surrounding four hour area and finds one store that has one of these left at midnight yesterday. So, I got directions and went on a road trip this morning and it started out great. The store opened at 7am and I went right to the spot and they still had one so I was psyched. I even got her a Godzilla so she doesnt get too many girly presents. Anyhow, I decided to visit a the local walmart and target hoping to find the few things I was looking for yesterday. I didn't find squat, but did meet a policeman who was nuts for Star Wars and told me about his collection and his ebay collecting and selling. He also knew of a better store to visit that wasn't as picked over. Ofcourse I told him about our place and hope he shows up here, but I didn't find a thing. I did see boba, but his card had issues so I gave him to the officer.

Now the interesting part, while I was shopping the weather was fine. Well as soon as I hit the interstate home I ran into an ice storm and guys I am lucky I am writing this. I saw cars turned up on thier roofs and one thier sides wrapped around trees and I know someone's folks didn't come home from thier shopping trip today. The sad part was the ambulances I saw couldn't even get anywhere after they braved the icy roads to pick up those in accidents. I actually slid to a stop as one ran into a gardrail in front of me. I was able to push him out so he could get on his way while there was some serious work going on inside.  I can't even count the number of accidents I saw on 99 South. It was awful.  Thank God about 12 noon it warmed up to 33 degrees and rained so it melted off the ice or I would have still been up there. I haven't been as nerve wracked on a drive in awhile. I can handle any amount of snow, but ice gets to me.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »
Sounds like a hairy trip, my friend. Glad you made it back ok. All that and no minty Star Wars to show for it.

Was the My Little Pony Amusement Park Minty? "I had to ask"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »
Sounds like a hairy trip, my friend. Glad you made it back ok. All that and no minty Star Wars to show for it.

Was the My Little Pony Amusement Park Minty? "I had to ask"

LOL. Yeah, it was the last one they had, but it didin't have a mark on it. I sure hope she likes it.