Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 53921 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »
I haven't seen anything new in ages, have you Tamer?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »
I haven't seen anything new in ages, have you Tamer?

Rune, I agree. I did see a few of the earlier vintage wave show up (wave that included Ackbar), but other than that it has been very dry. I haven't seen a new TCW figure in ages. Thank the maker for the Yarders or I wouldn't have squat.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:50 AM »
Well I was doing some Xmas shopping with my daughter last night and saw the newer ROTJ Wave hit my local Wal-Mart. I picked up a few of the RFTs for a bud and left the rest including the revenge card Boba Fetts, Endor Camo Coat Han, Tie Pilot, Slave Leia, etc. I didn't seen the Bespin Hans or Fordos in this wave though. I swear I will never see a Fordo in the wild.

I didn't spy much else other than an awesome looking desert deco Captain America. I will admit I thought that one looked pretty daggone good. No new JOEs, but I hope to get around this weekend.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2012, 06:58:34 AM »
Found all the new CW and TPM Vintage figures the other day at Wal-Mart, only got the Aqua droid repack for now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2012, 08:39:01 AM »
Yepper, I have seen them all too I think. I picked up Vos, Sidious, Maul, and a TCW Phase II Trooper for a couple friends and left the rest there.

That coupon was nice for half price off those too.

That TCW Trooper three pack looked good too, really liked the look of the bomb squad trooper. It was nice to see new vehicles too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
Well I finally saw the Discover the Force Figures, but passed on em (liked the Yellow R5 Unit though), but did see the walmart exclusive naboo starship astro four packs so I got those for a Yarder. I did see a few Episode I Vintage Figures including Amidala and Quinlan Vos, but left em on the pegs.

There was a decent TCW Figure on the pegs. Gonna have to go back to my other store. Saw my first fighter pod packs and my little girl called em SW Squinkies to which I had to agree. She didn't like em much, I didn't either!

They had the regular vehicles there too, but nothing doing as there weren't any TESB on the docet.

Good to see new SW Items in the store though. I also did see the Walmart Exclusive Marvel BP on clearance for 17 bucks if that is clearance. Sometimes my walmarts just put a red sticker on em and don't change the price.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Well I actually went to the store looking for a twenty foot long computer speaker cable for work and went by the SW Pegs and found a few TCW Figures in the form of some Phase II Clones for a Shipyarder. I was surprised to see all the Yellow Mauls gone and ofcourse the Chewbacca I saw a couple days earlier was gone, but I was surprised to see a Vintage Fordo so I grabbed it. I never saw on in the wild before. There were the DTF Figures and that Yellow Astro (C8 something or other) looks good to me. They also had a bunch of vintage boxed vehilces in the form of the Torrent, Obi's JSF, and the AT-AP. For some reason seeing them in a vintage box doesn't feel right, but perhaps thats just me.

I didn't notice too much else as it was a pretty quick trip, but I did see the JOE sign back up so I went to look and saw they were full of ROC Figures! And all of them at full retail price. I guess they are going to try and unload them again now that Retaliation is coming around. It is making me believe my local store is actually saving all these figures they don't sell somewhere in the back. Its no wonder I don't see too much new most of the time. I also did see they had some TCW Obis and Legends Obis on the clearance rack too. I was gonna say they have them for $3.90, but my stores never do clearance well.

I plan to go back to look sometime soon too so who knows, maybe I can add to this even more.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
Good grief do I wish I could find a Fordo!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
Good grief do I wish I could find a Fordo!

You never did find one on the pegs?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2012, 03:15:21 AM »
Never seen one. I even had my nephew, who is a manager at walmart, looking for me. He found one and liked it so much he kept it for his self! Never seen one/don't own one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2012, 04:45:18 AM »
Never seen one. I even had my nephew, who is a manager at walmart, looking for me. He found one and liked it so much he kept it for his self! Never seen one/don't own one.

I have one extra and I couldn't think of a better recipient for it. PM me sometime and we can work out the details.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
I have one word to describe my SW Finds from my home state through MD all the way to DE: Nothing!

Well, I did finally see the Republic Sub with Clone, but other than picking up some Darth Vader Earbuds (wow they fit nice) I didn't see a single figure worth picking up. There was just TPM Wave and not a whole lot of that. From K-Marts to Wal-Marts to everything in between all the stores had at least two cases worth of figure space and that is a minimum estimate. It was really sad. I came home to my local store to see nothing on it too. I had heard perhaps some Wally Worlds were getting new waves, but it sure wasn't any of mine.

Might go out in the middle of the week, but that is only because I need to pick up about twelve feet of once inch pvc pipe to start building my costume mannequin. I don't remember ever seeing it this bad.

Offline Skirata2012

• Ensign
  • I have inside jokes with complete strangers
« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »
I feel your pain Tamer...Here in Georgia last month we got in Aayla secura, Arc trooper commander, Nom Anor and Barriss Offee...Than last week the Blu ray Deleted scenes showed up again...They actually had the vintage collection figures Deactivated at our Wal-mart store for a period of a month and I had to speak to the person over the toy dept...Still want to find my Malgus figure , Starkiller, and Shae Vizla

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
Yeah, those TOR Figures are pretty daggone elusive. I don't see it getting any better either.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2012, 03:14:19 PM »
Well I went to see Prometheus today and took the trip to stop by another Wally World near me. There was nothing but Episode 1 Vintage Pegwarmers, full of Obis and Qui-gons. Almost no TCW and older Movie Heroes. They were actually using some of the basic figure space for those daggone little transformers. They had a ton of vehicles, but no new ones and all at full price. Same story for JOE and Avengers. Now this is the coup de grace: I was in Lawn and Garden and saw some clearance figures; there were over 15 Obis and 12 Anakins to be had (TCW, Vintage, and Legacy Lines). I am gonna start chanting no more Obis and Anis here real soon although folks told me the new Vintage TCW Anakin was pretty good. Geesh, I am not sure I have ever seen it this bad.