Author Topic: NFC's internal monologue  (Read 13447 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFC's internal monologue
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2009, 04:15:10 PM »
Sweet deal.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2009, 08:38:57 AM »
the ESB radio show set arrived at my house yesterday!   man, it's nice to hear it again

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2009, 07:26:14 AM »
the ESB radio show set arrived at my house yesterday!   man, it's nice to hear it again

Cool deal, I wonder if there is any way to load it up digitally so you could just upload it to the internet. Scratch that, it would violate all kinds of copyright and protection laws I guess.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2009, 07:51:53 AM »

Cool deal, I wonder if there is any way to load it up digitally so you could just upload it to the internet. Scratch that, it would violate all kinds of copyright and protection laws I guess.

you are just wrong, man, wrong!!

You left out it would just tax our connections, :)

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2009, 08:43:35 AM »

not to mention I have no idea how I would even find out how to do that.   I may not be inept with technology but I'm certainly not inclined for it either.

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »
NEW TOPIC:  put on your skates

My daughter is starting ice skating lessons this week and she's excited.  Of course she's scared too, it's new to her but her best friend started 2 weeks ago so I think he'll help her along when the instructors are watching them practice.   Got her skates, helmet, and pads yesterday for it.   I have no doubts she'll take to the skating like a natural after a couple lessons too, she already dances around ever chance she gets, so maybe once she starts to really know how to skate she'll just combine the two into one graceful activity. 

I might actually be more nervous about it than she is though, because she's my little girl and ice is slippery PLUS I've never been on ice skates before myself so I have like double the anxiety for it.   LOL 

ahhhh parenthood   O0

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »
Remove those figure skates and slap on some Ice Hockey skates!  Get her suited up and teach her how to level someone at center ice!  LOL!  Ice is expensive to maintain, so be prepared for fees!  Still, it's fun! 

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »
oh I actually got her skates at a hockey supply store so she COULD play it someday, her helmet is the hockey helmet with the gate over her face.

yeah I'd like to see her ice dance or something but somehow I think learning to skate in boy skates without the girly toe pick under the toe seems like she'll become a better and much more versatile skater if she learns to stop herself.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2009, 09:43:29 AM »
ice skating builds wicked muscles, man, so watch out!

its kind of like in line skating, so if you ever did that, you can probably ice skate, at least somewhat.

Hockey? what is that, Canadian Football?

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »
first time on the ice

;D

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2009, 08:45:16 PM »
Awww, how cute!

Simon, don't you be going around making fun of Hockey, or I'll have to come and show you how it's done!

Funny enough, I've played Roller Hockey for about 13 years now, and am a very good skater and can stop on a dime.  However, when it comes to ice, I can skate like the wind but cannot stop to save my life!  Can't figure it out.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »
She looks well protected.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2009, 07:34:51 AM »
Awww, how cute!

Simon, don't you be going around making fun of Hockey, or I'll have to come and show you how it's done!

Funny enough, I've played Roller Hockey for about 13 years now, and am a very good skater and can stop on a dime.  However, when it comes to ice, I can skate like the wind but cannot stop to save my life!  Can't figure it out.

Man, I'd be biting my fingers off watching my kid on ice, :(

Phatty, I played roller hockey in college and one of my best friends plays in local leagues...it just isn't hockey.  Hockey to me is more like soccer, sure its sounds cool, but 2 hours later I'm bored.

• Captain
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »
I can watch NHL games on TV but I'll only watch if the Sabres are playing and I rarely do actually watch unless I'm out someplace while the game is on then I watch and cheer and yell at the TV.   Someday I will try to go to a game to see it live.

street hockey just isn't hockey

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2009, 08:34:09 AM »
Street hockey is way different than roller hockey.  And while roller hockey is on a different surface, it's STILL hockey!  The only real difference is no checking, which actually makes the defense's job more difficult because it forces them to think a bit and predict the reactions of the opponent.

Ya HAVE to go to a live game.  They're so much fun.  Especially when 2 good teams are playing one another.